Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Prediction time – Serial woman abuser and all-around big Hollywood muckety-muck Harvey Weinstein will enter himself into some sort of sex pervert “rehab” program, come out of it within 90 days “fully cured”, and within a year be given some sort of “courage” award by Meryl Streep at one of the 12 dozen or so annual Hollywood awards programs. Nothing is too absurd or depraved for these people.
- Hollywood lawyer Lisa Bloom, who spent four days making up excuses for Weinstein’s 25 year reign of terror, abruptly announced on Saturday that she would no longer be representing the clown. It seems that even Ms. Bloom, the daughter of the completely ethics-devoid, attention-seeking hack Gloria Allred, could not stomach inventing fake talking points for this guy.
- Wait. Lanny Davis has a “line”? – But wait, it gets even better: Even the shameless political hack Lanny Davis announced on Saturday that he was pulling out of Weinstein’s team of advisers. Lanny Davis has spent the last 25 years making up fake talking points for Bill and Hillary Clinton, folks. This guy had no problem whatsoever making up fake talking points slandering Bill Clinton’s many female victims, had zero issue with lying about Bill and Hill’s illegal use of the FBI files of more than 1,000 of their political enemies, had no worry at all about prevaricating in defense of Hillary’s illegal email server. But making up lies for Harvey Weinstein, well, that just crosses Lanny Davis’s line. You just can’t make this stuff up.
- We’ve heard a lot over the last four days about how “powerful” Weinstein is, but here’s the truth about that: Harvey Weinstein has always only been “powerful” to those who want something from him, either professionally or politically. Everyone in Hollywood and the Democrat Party was willing, for more than a quarter of a century, to simply look the other way and ignore his personal behavior because they all wanted something from him. And everyone in Hollywood – other than Ashley Judd, whose career is basically over anyway – is remaining silent on the matter because they all still hope they might get something from Weinstein in the future, after he gets “cured” and makes his big comeback. These people are disgusting, and normal Americans should stop supporting what they do with our money.
- Speaking of disgusting people normal Americans should stop supporting with our money… – A new Winston Group survey released on Saturday indicates that the National Football League has, in the span of less than three months, fallen from the most popular major sport in the United States to the least favorite, falling behind both Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association. Of course, this poll comes before the beginning of the NBA season, and there is no telling what sorts of spectacles we are go see from players in that sport – and from San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich – during the playing of the national anthem this fall. But at least for now, the NFL has become the sport non-grata for the average American. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.
- And here’s a group of disgusting people normal Americans have already stopped supporting. – If you have wondered why Donald Trump’s public approval rating has steadily moved upwards over the past couple of months despite the withering nightly assault on his character from the networks’ current silly group of late-night talk show hosts, wonder no more. It’s because nobody actually watches this silly group of late night talk show hosts anymore. The Washington Examiner points out that taken all together, the shows starring Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert were watched by an average of barely 8 million viewers last week. Just a few years ago, Jay Leno by himself was averaging more than 6 million viewers each night, with David Letterman trailing very closely behind.
- One would think that sooner or later someone at these networks might wake up and think, hey, maybe it’s not such a great idea to intentionally insult half of our potential audience every night, because those people buy all the junk our advertisers sell, too. But the evidence at hand indicates that light bulb moment won’t be happening anytime soon.
Just another day in ordinary people voting with their pocketbooks and remote controls America.
That is all.