Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
It occurs to me this morning that, in the midst of all the hoopla over the unmasking of Trump campaign participants by the evil Obama minions, Donald Trump, both as candidate and as President, has actually perpetrated the greatest unmasking campaign in American history. Bear with me here – this is going to take about 700 words to explain:
- Hey, what if the NFL had a game and all the players stood for the national anthem? I didn’t watch, but apparently that’s what happened on Thursday night, as the backlash from fans to all the idiotic kneeling nonsense has created a sudden wave of patriotic panic, er, fervor among NFL players and executives.
- Sorry guys, but it’s really just too late. You’ve allowed your social justice warrior players to dismiss about 20% of your fan base over the past two seasons, and most of them just aren’t coming back. Your lame explanations for your unpatriotic actions fell on deaf ears for one simple reason: The blue collar, middle class, very patriotic guys and gals who make up the biggest part of your fan base are becoming increasingly “woke”, as all the kids and SJWs like to put it, thanks mainly to the guy they put in the White House. In other words, you’ve been unmasked by Donald Trump.
- That public woke-ness means that the standard lines of BS propaganda aren’t going to work on your fans like they used to, and it will probably take you the rest of this season and maybe longer to figure that out. By the time you do figure that out, your players’ antics, leftist commentators and boring, tedious games will probably have alienated another 10-15% of your previous audience, and your contract re-negotiations with the TV networks in 2020 will become a horrifying situation for you. And that’s good, because you richly deserve the fate you have created for yourselves. You’ve earned it.
- Speaking of standard lines of BS not working on the average American, The Washington Post reports on a new study conducted by professors at Cal-Berkeley and Stanford that reveals what anyone who really watched Donald Trump’s campaign flogging of Hillary Clinton and her billion dollar ad machine already knows: that “Advertising and campaign contacts have almost no measurable persuasive impact, at least in general elections.” Go figure.
- Throughout the 2015 and 2016 campaign, I repeatedly pointed out that the reason why we saw literally every political professional and advertising executive rooting for Hillary was due to the simple fact that Donald Trump was proving them to be a waste of time and money. He wasn’t using these people, other than a revolving door of a handful of senior advisors, because he didn’t need them.
- Trump’s whole campaign consisted of getting up at 4 in the morning, doing telephone interviews on Fox, CNN and MSNBC before Hillary’s alarm clock had gone off, then hopping on his jet and flying off for 2 or 3 raucus campaign rallies in different states every day. By noon each day, Trump had personally touched more voters than Hillary’s pervasive, ubiquitous advertising budget could touch in a week.
- So the DC political campaign and advertising class hated Trump – and still hates him – because he clearly demonstrated that they are pretty much all a waste of time and money. He totally unmasked them.
- This new study further reinforces what Trump already knew: “The best estimate for the persuasive effects of campaign contact and advertising — such as mail, phone calls, and canvassing — on Americans’ candidate choices in general elections is zero,” Kalla and Broockman write. “Our best guess for online and television advertising is also zero, but there is less evidence” in these cases.
- The GOP runoff election in Alabama this week provides further support for this conclusion. Luther Strange was able to out-spend Roy Moore by about 6 to 1 on advertising, thanks to huge injections of money from the DC political class. But he lost by 10% of the vote despite the supposed advantages of incumbency and influence and even the wrong-headed endorsement from President Trump for the simple reason that he was identified by the voters as being a tool of that same DC political class. In other words, he had been unmasked.
- The big takeaway here is this: The main reason why President Trump is so viscerally hated by so many different classes of people is because he has systematically shown the public their true nature. The NFL hates him because he’s called out their league’s utter lack of patriotism; the fake news media hates him because he’s called out its rampant dishonesty; the Democrats hate him because he’s called them out for their anti-American mendacity; the establishment Republicans hate him because he’s called out their laziness and ineffectiveness; and the DC political campaign and advertising class hates him because he’s revealed their irrelevance.
- It’s the greatest unmasking in American political history. Real Americans should be very thankful to the President for his willingness to take the time to do it.
Just another day in unmasked America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- As has been the case with the Democrat Party since the Clintons took it over a quarter century ago, whenever they are accusing any Republican of a bad behavior, it is a very safe bet that they are doing so in order to deflect attention from the fact that they are engaged in the very same behavior, or worse. Over the last few weeks, we are now finally beginning to discover the real reasons why the Democrats and the fake news media have invested so much time and energy since November 8 of last year in promoting their Russia Collusion fantasy play.
- Not that we hadn’t already been aware of some of the Clintons’ shady dealings with the Russians, of course. Even before the election, we knew that Hillary, while serving as Secretary of State, brokered a deal that ceded control of about 20% of America’s uranium resources to a group of Russian oligarchs, and we knew that those same oligarchs just happened to pour tens of millions of dollars into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation around the same time that deal was being made. We also knew that it was also around this same time that Bill Clinton was receiving double his normal speaking fee of $250k not once, but twice from the same Russian oligarchs. Just a coincidence, of course.
- It was only recently that Wikileaks alleged that Special Counsel Bob Mueller was also involved in the brokering of that deal. Wikileaks, which has basically never been wrong about anything to this point, says it has found an email in which The Most Corrupt Woman In America got Mueller to deliver a sample of the uranium in question to a Russian representative in 2009. The Wikileaks email points up the need for the Justice Department to investigate the Special Counsel while his own sham investigation is ongoing. #Irony.
- But that’s far from all there is here.
- Since the election, we have also found out Clinton Campaign Manager, John The Spirit Cooker Podesta, took time out from sacrificing goats and chickens to serve on the board of a company with heavy Russia connections , and that he owns 75,000 shares of that same company. We also now know that Podesta failed to disclose any of this on his federal disclosure form when he went to work for the Clinton campaign. Interestingly, we found out just a couple of weeks ago that company in question has suddenly collapsed, as its investors pulled the plug on its funding. Funny coincidence, that.
- But that again is far from all there is to this. There are so, so many more reasons why the Democrats and their agents in the fake news media have been so desperate to keep public attention focused on their Russia Collusion fantasy.
- Take the case of Debbie Wasserman Schulz and at least 2 dozen Democrat members of congress, and their longtime employment of one Imran Awan and several of his family members since 2004 at massively inflated salaries for instance. Mr. Awan was famously arrested last Tuesday at Dulles Airport as he attempted to follow his family members in fleeing the country to Pakistan. The initial charge against him is listed as bank fraud, as he illegally wired several hundred thousand dollars to Pakistan that he and his family had obtained via fraudulent loans from the Congressional Federal Credit Union.
- But there is so, so much more to this story.
- Mr. Awan, for example, as being paid more than $160,000 per year to be the “IT Staff” for Ms. Schulz and other Democrats, yet most congressional staffers in the same role make no more than $60,000 per year. In addition, no one among all of these Democrats appears to be able or willing to point to what specifically Mr. Awan did for them in his “IT” role. Add to this that Mr. Awan also had access to the email accounts for the House Homeland Security and Foreign Affairs Committees, and you can see that there is an awful lot more to come from this growing scandal should the FBI and Justice Department conduct a proper investigation.
- But wait, there’s more!
- What about Fusion GPS, the firm made up of sleazy ex-fake journalists that concocted the infamous “Trump Dossier” that James Comey tried to use to frame President Trump. We now know that the preponderance of this bunch’s revenue comes from – guess who? – Russia! Oh, and they also do a lot of work for Venezuela’s socialist regime. Of course, the big unanswered question about Fusion is who exactly hired them to dummy up the Trump Dossier in the first place? The group’s management isn’t saying, and Democrats are desperate to prevent us from finding out. Go figure.
- Oh, but we aren’t done yet, are we? Nope.
- How about the whole “unmasking” scandal, which the House Intelligence Committee has finally, at long last decided to investigate, and which the Justice Department claims to also be investigating. We know now that senior Obama officials, including CIA Director John Brennan, National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and even UN Ambassador Samantha Power, issued thousands of requests for the unmasking of Republicans during the presidential campaign. THOUSANDS. It is more than fair to note that each and every one of those three people reported directly to Barack Hussein Obama at the time they were making those thousands of requests. It is beyond the realm of credibility to believe their boss had no idea what they were up to.
- There is even more than all of this, but I’m running out of space here.
- The legend the Democrats and the fake news media have created is that Hillary Clinton and her campaign people believe they lost the election due to Russian interference, and that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians during the campaign. A full year of investigations into these allegations has produced zero proof of any such collusion, or really any evidence at all that the Russians influenced a single vote at the end of the day.
- The truth, of course, is that it was the Democrats who were closely tied to the Russians, and the reason why the Democrats and their media agents have reacted so stunningly viciously to the election results is that they know that honest investigations into their activities will result in many, many Democrats – and possibly some fake journalists – serving major time in various federal prisons around the country.
- Had Clinton won the election, there would have been no “Russia Collusion” fantasy play, no investigations into any of the matters listed above. The Justice Department and FBI and our intelligence agencies would have remained utterly corrupted and would have protected all involved, just as they did during the Obama regime.
- But they didn’t win the election, and they woke up the morning after election day frightened and desperate to come up with some way to divert attention to Trump and the Republicans.
- We now know all of these things. The only remaining question is whether Attorney General Sessions can force the FBI and his U.S. attorneys to focus their investigations properly. We can only hope he will. There is much investigating to do.
Just another day in desperate Democrats America.
That is all.