Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If you tuned in to yesterday’s Campaign Update, you know that I warned you all that this new Jennifer Lawrence vehicle titled “mother” was going to be Hollywood’s next big stink bomb. Lo and behold, just a few hours after I posted that piece, film critic Rex Reed – who has got to be about 150 years old at this point – published his review of this flick, which he calls the worst movie of the year, possibly of this century: “This delusional freak show is two hours of pretentious twaddle that tackles religion, paranoia, lust, rebellion, and a thirst for blood in a circus of grotesque debauchery to prove that being a woman requires emotional sacrifice and physical agony at the cost of everything else in life, including life itself.” That, my friends, is a stink bomb.
- Pity poor Rex, though: I knew the film was going to suck just from reading the director’s statement on how he derived its plot; Mr. Reed had to sit through the atrocity before he could pen his review of it. So I definitely got the best of this deal.
- Hollywood as we have known it for the last 100 years is dead. It is dead because it is now an industry filled by empty people who have never had an original thought in their entire lives. It is dead because these empty people are no longer able to turn out films to which the common man can relate, because these empty people have lost all ability to relate to the common man. It is dead because everything turned out by Hollywood today is entirely derivative of something Hollywood has already turned out before (thus, last year’s inexplicable remake of Ben Hur; thus, this year’s 6th or 7th installment of Pirates of the Caribbean), and because the impulse by these empty people to fill their works with leftist political lectures robs their derivative works of all possible entertainment value.
- Jennifer Lawrence is kind of cute. She can sort of act. Nobody gives a flying rat’s ass what she thinks about climate change or race relations. People want to buy tickets to movies that entertain them – which explains why any cartoon film with Minions in it will do spectacular box office – not to films that lecture them. If people want to be lectured, they can go pull up any random YouTube video of Hillary Clinton promoting her new book. Note to Hollywood: Nobody does that.
- Hollywood as we have known it is dead, yes it is. It survived for years thanks to America’s seemingly insatiable appetite for mindless blockbusters based on mindless comic books. The box office for those blockbusters enabled leftist, anti-American producers to continued doling out millions of dollars to leftist directors to produce unappealing, box-office disaster films filled with leftist propaganda starring modestly-talented, sort of cute leftist actors.
- But those days are gone. America’s appetite for mindless comic book blockbusters has run its course, and Hollywood has suffered through two straight record summer box office disasters the last two years. When even The Rock is no longer a guarantor of box office success – as with this summer’s disastrous remake of Bay Watch – you know the goose that has laid all these golden eggs is running out of steam.
- It’s not just movies, it’s television, too. There was a time when Norman Lear could make a sitcom filled with liberal propaganda, and 25% of the American public would be standing around water coolers and break rooms the next day talking about what Maude or Archie Bunker had to say the previous evening. Now, if a sitcom attracts 2% of the public for an audience it has had a gigantic night.
- Hollywood has lost its influence because its little bubble-contained culture became completely antithetical to the real American culture over the last 40 years. Ordinary Americans became sick of having their values lampooned and sensitivities insulted at every turn, and gradually began to realize they could change the channel or simply quit paying to see these awful flicks at the theaters.
- This is all a great thing for American society. It means our culture is generally healthy, because a culture that rejects obvious scams and blatant disregard for common values is a culture that remains strong at its base.
- The strongest sign of the health of America’s core culture came this week when Tuesday night’s benefit show headlined by a broad array of Hollywood leftwingers managed to raise $14.5 million for hurricane relief. That same evening, George Strait, the all-American country singer, held a separate event along with a few of his fellow country singers and raised $20 million. Meanwhile, the all-American football player J.J. Watt has managed to raise more than $31 million all by himself.
- There is a message for Hollywood leftists in all of that, and that message is that ordinary Americans are sick of you clowns. The fact that a film like mother even got made tells us that Hollywood has not received this message. And I’m cool with that. You should be, too.
Just another day in dying Hollywood America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- In case you missed it because the fake news media couldn’t be bothered to report on it amid its unending obsession about their collusion fantasy play, the cities of Paris, France and Los Angeles, CA were selected by the International Olympic Committee to host the 2024 and 2028 Summer Olympic Games. It remains to be decided which “lucky” city will host which year, but either way, both promise to be disasters of epic proportions.
- Take Paris first: Paris is sadly a city plagued by frequent, major Islamic terrorist attacks, and the city’s government has shown zero sign of being willing to do anything effective to truly resolve the issue. Worse, France’s open borders policy virtually ensures that this problem is going to only become worse as the years go on, as more and more immigrants enter the country from Islamic nations. Hosting an Olympic Games will require Paris to become a literal police state for a minimum of six weeks, and the cost of infrastructure and security-mandated improvements will be astronomical.
- Los Angeles may be even worse. LA is a bankrupt city in a bankrupt state run by mentally-bankrupt idiots. So naturally, the city’s leaders want to host an event that will require them to go find someone willing to loan them tens of billions more dollars that will be needed to upgrade and vastly expand the city’s crumbling infrastructure, and tens of billions more to finance the building of all the massive new event venues that will be required. No doubt, this sanctuary city in a sanctuary state which refuses to enforce U.S. immigration laws will come begging to the federal government to provide much of this funding. DC Democrats will be more than willing to support such largesse because they are thoughtless sheep. Any DC Republican who votes in favor of sending federal dollars to support this looming fiasco will richly deserve to be run out of office by his or her constituents at the next possible opportunity. There is not one good reason why taxpayers in Texas or any other state should be required to provide a thin dime to help pay for this nonsense.
- GOP Congressman Steve King of Iowa caused a stir in the leftist fake news media on Wednesday when he suggested that we could provide an initial down payment on paying for President Trump’s proposed southern border wall by simply transferring the half-billion dollars that would otherwise go to funding the Planned Parenthood abortion mills. That made for a great half-day media cycle for Congressman King, but let’s be honest here: We all know that the Republicans in congress are going to cave like a house of cards on both of those funding issues at the first sign of negative media coverage, don’t we? Well, don’t we? Yes, we do. Let’s move on.
- So, in the last few days we’ve had the news that The Rock is going to run for president, and Kid Rock is going to run for the senate against the insipid Debbie Stabenow. Wonder what Rock Hudson would do if he were still alive? And what about Dash Riprock of Beverley Hillbillies fame? Oh, and hey, Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey were in “30 Rock” – does that mean we can get them to challenge Hillary for New York City Mayor, or Chelsea for that congressional seat? Just so many “rock” solid possibilities here…
Just another day in what’s with all these “Rocks” running for office America.
That is all.
[Photo Credit: Monica Almeida]
- Tired of winning yet?: The Border Patrol reports that border crossings are down by 76% since the first of 2017. No wall, no new laws, no big increased budget, no deployment of new technology. Down 76% simply on the news that we have a president who will enforce the nation’s immigration laws. If you’ve wondered in the past when I’ve said on numerous occasions that former President Barack Hussein Obama used doing nothing as a strategic weapon, now you know part of what I mean when I say that. Where illegal immigration is concerned, he raised doing nothing to an art form.
- Can we go ahead and nominate him now?: Actor Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, told GQ Magazine that “it’s a very real possibility” that he will run for president in the future. Lots of observers recoiled in horror at the prospect, but my reaction is that I hope he’s telling the truth. Seriously, look around at the collection of radical nutjobs, career criminals and hopeless nitwits the Democrat Party otherwise has available to offer for the nation’s highest office, and you have to inevitably conclude that The Rock would be a gigantic upgrade.
- Here’s what I wonder about the Democrats and their fake journalist agents in the fake news media this morning: How are you going to sustain this outrage for eight years? Seriously, how are you going to do that and retain your physical health? Your emotional health, such as it is?
- No kidding, Donald Trump is most likely going to be a two-term President – he is well on his way to ensuring his re-election already. There is not going to be any impeachment, not over the firing of James Comey, or anything else. Impeachment is a very specific thing, a thing that requires the commission of “high crimes and misdemeanors” by the President, and there aren’t any such things present now, and won’t likely be any in the future. And honest to goodness, it really does not matter what nitwits like Maxine Waters say about it.
- You people are living in a fantasy world in which firing the Director of the FBI is, for whatever reason you wish to make up out of whole cloth – like he did it at the wrong time, or he didn’t deliver the message to Comey in the right way, or he did it for nefarious reasons – is an impeachable offense. Here’s news for you: You’re wrong about that, and James Comey agrees with me, not you. Indeed, Mr. Comey himself, in a farewell note to FBI employees yesterday, acknowledged that “a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all.” You folks can whine, or yell, or pull your hair out, or post nasty notes to me on social media all you want, but you’re wrong, and James Comey agrees with me, not you.
- Really and truly, you people need to get a grip on yourselves. I know you have all been systematically brainwashed by your heroes in the fake national news media to believe Donald Trump is somehow an illegitimate president, but he isn’t. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that the Trump campaign somehow conspired with the Russians to steal the election, but they didn’t. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that Donald Trump is a flaming moron who is destroying America, but he isn’t – he’s actually extremely intelligent and thinks way ahead of you and all the people who say that about him. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that only your thoughts and opinions matter in this society, and that people who don’t think exactly as you think are evil people who should be tossed on prison or executed, but that’s wrong, too.
- Honest to God, you are wrong about everything. Literally everything. I know the fake news media keeps telling you otherwise, but they’re wrong too, because most of those people are just like you and have been brainwashed just like you have been. They’re so brainwashed, in fact, that they don’t even understand that they’re now the ones doing the brainwashing.
- The fact that you are wrong and I’m right is why the Republican Party currently holds the Presidency, both houses of congress, 2/3rds of state governorships, and majorities in 2/3rds of state legislative bodies. The crazier you get, the faker the fake media becomes, the fewer people vote the way you do. If you represented the majority of thought in this country, those numbers of office-holders would be reversed, especially after having your overlord and savior, Barack Hussein Obama, ensconced in the White House for eight long years.
- I know you’re hopelessly outraged by all of this, but this is the truth of your situation. Donald Trump is going to be President for four full years, because you simply do not have the votes to take over congress in 2018 and execute an impeachment. He is also very likely to serve a second full term in office after being re-elected President in 2020, because despite what your heroes in the fake news media keep telling you, he is keeping his promises made during the campaign in a very big way. Again, they’re lying to you because they know you prefer it that way.
- By the way, this preference for being lied to in order to support the fantasy world in which you live is the very same reason why you keep voting for pathological liars to be your party’s presidential nominees. Think about it: your last five presidential nominees have been Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. This is like the murderer’s row of pathological liars. It will take a change in your preference for being lied to before that ever changes.
- So, how are you going to sustain this outrage for eight years? How long can you go on waking up each morning with smoke pouring out your ears at the thought that Donald Trump still sits in the White House? How long are you going to keep carrying some cardboard sign with something stupid or obscene written on it out to the local freeway to block traffic? How long are you going to keep putting on black ski masks and vandalizing college campuses? More to the point, how much longer is your grandma going to be willing to put you up in her basement and cook supper for you?
- Eight years is a long time to be angry, a long time to be outraged, a long time to continue alienating everyone you used to call a friend and family members with profane and borderline insane rants on Facebook, not to mention those three dozen 140-character outbursts on Twitter you post each day. At some point, the nature of human existence requires all of us to grow up and either make an effort to become a productive member of society or doom ourselves to a lifetime of failure.
- Waking up outraged for eight years – or even just four – will pretty much doom you to the latter path. How long can you keep it up with the knowledge that Donald Trump isn’t going anywhere? It’s a question you’re all going to have to answer, because he really is not going anywhere.
Just another day in Perpetually Outraged Liberals America.
That is all.