Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If you’re looking for Hollywood’s next big box office stink bomb, look no further than Jennifer Lawrence’s latest vehicle, titled “mother”. Thought by advance critics to be a dramatic character study of modern life, the film is being released with very little marketing or promotion, possibly because the advance critics were wrong. Turns out, according to its director, the same clown who gave us the leftist climate change lecture, “Noah”, the movie is actually yet another Hollywood leftist lecture on overpopulation and climate change: “As a species our footprint is perilously unsustainable yet we live in a state of denial about the outlook for our planet and our place on it. From this primordial soup of angst and helplessness I woke up one morning and this movie poured out of me.” Oh, lovely, can’t wait to go out and pay a princely sum of money to see this train wreck. Yeah, you betcha, sure. Holy cow.
- The Dean of Harvard’s Kennedy School of government rescinded his offer of a “visiting fellowship” to traitorous trans-gender Chelsea Manning on Thursday, as controversy about the invitation had continued to grow. “I now think that designating Chelsea Manning as a Visiting Fellow was a mistake,” Douglas W. Elmendorf, the school’s dean, wrote in a message released around midnight. Gee, you think? I mean, how does such an invitation get extended in the first place? Is there no process for review above the Dean in Harvard’s management? Wouldn’t one logically think that extending such an invitation to anyone who actively conspired with our nation’s enemies during time of war would be sort of an automatic “no”?
- This will no doubt end the matter, since no one in the fake news media will want to ask these tough questions of one of their favored left-wing institutions of higher brainwashing, but that’s a damn shame. The mere fact that this invitation was extended to one of the grand traitors in our nation’s history ought to be cause for heads to roll, and not just the Dean’s. But this the world of higher education, where accountability is a concept as buried within the culture as is the concept of free speech.
- Conservative writer Ben Shapiro, who manages the “DailyWire” blog site, made his scheduled appearance at Cal Berkeley on Thursday, and amazingly, no riots broke out, though two Antifa morons were arrested even before the event began. To watch the University’s preparations for the event, one would have thought an army of black-masked thugs or something was coming to destroy the campus and its easily-triggered student body, but no, it was just little Ben Shapiro, who sounds exactly like a 30 year-old Richard Dreyfuss, and is about the same size.
- Boy, what an imposing figure he makes, armed with his speaker notes and wearing his Yarmuke. Berkeley officials were so concerned about the impact of his words – you know, all that horrible talk about the need to address the federal budget deficit and stop getting involved in wars all over the Middle East, terrible stuff like that – that they had special counseling rooms set up for triggered students and – get this – faculty! Good lord, even the freaking faculty at Berkeley is now a bunch of pathetic snowflakes.
- Despite Shapiro’s mild demeanor and not-exactly-imposing presence, Berkeley prepared as if its campus was being invaded by Godzilla, spending more than $600,000 on police presence, and even erecting a concrete barrier around the site of Mr. Shapiro’s lecture – ironic for a school run by opponents of President Trump’s border wall – all on the pretense that Mr. Shapiro’s words, not Antifa thugs, might somehow cause a riot to break out. The University carried that security charade so far as to actually bill Shapiro $15,000 as a “security fee” to come give a speech on its campus, an event to which he was invited by a student group.
- This “security fee” tricked worked with Ann Coulter early this year, when she was invited to speak. In response to receiving that billing, Ms. Coulter pulled out of the event rather than pay the fee. No doubt, Berkeley officials expected – hoped for – the same response from Shapiro. But Ben called their bluff, paid the fee, and gave his speech.
- And guess what happened? Not much, really, other than the two Antifa nitwits getting themselves tossed in jail. The speech was extremely well-attended and, other than being interrupted a few times by agitators that University officials infiltrated into the crowd intentionally, came off pretty seamlessly. About 1,000 protesters gathered outside the hall and chanted dumb chants and carried signs containing idiotic slogans, but that’s what these people do for a living, so no biggie as long as no one gets hurt.
- Nobody died – indeed, campus police reported that no one was really even harmed – and actual ideas in conflict with the prevailing leftist/communist thought being washed into the students’ brains by the faculty every day were aired in a mostly peaceful atmosphere. Questions were asked from the audience, and answered by the speaker, and no one passed out or became overly verklempt. All of that exchanging of ideas took place on a left-wing university campus. What a concept.
- Hey, I’m old enough to remember when that sort of exchange of ideas and exercising of free speech on a left-wing college campus wasn’t headline news. Things change.
Just another day in campus leftism is destroying America America.
That is all.
Photo credit: The Patriot Post
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of winning yet? National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd told C-SPAN Monday that the rapid downturn in illegal border crossings is “nothing short of miraculous.” He elaborated that total recorded border crossings in 2017 are just 53% of what they were in 2016, and that percentage continues to drop each week. As we have noted before, this has been achieved without building single foot of wall, without changes to existing statutes, without any new huge budget allocations to the Border Patrol, without the introduction of any new technology. The one and only reason for this fall is the simple fact that we have a President of the United States who is focused on enforcing the laws already on the books. Isn’t it amazing how simple psychology changes human behavior.
- Meanwhile, in the aspiring third world country of California, 8 Senate Republicans broke with party leadership and voted in favor of extending that state’s job-and-business-destroying “Cap and Trade” program through the year 2030. After the vote was taken, Assembly Republican leader Chad Mayes (R-Yucca Valley) told reporters that “California Republicans are different than national Republicans.” Yes, they appear to be Democrats.
- Fresh off of causing progressives’ heads to explode with its fantastic “clenched fist of truth” ad starring Dana Loesch, the National Rifle Association embarked on another snowflake-triggering exercise, this time targeting the fake journalists at the Washington Post. In the ad, a while male (trigger) spokesman looks directly into the camera (micro-aggression) and tells the WaPo (unfair targeting) that ““Your paper’s new slogan may read Democracy Dies (trigger) in Darkness (micro-aggression). It should say Journalism Dies at the Washington Post.” The University of Missouri is gonna need more safe spaces.
- Speaking of entitled snowflakes, the bicycle riders of Portland, Oregon are up in arms after the leftist Democrat-dominated legislature passed a budget package that includes a $15 excise tax on the purchase of high-dollar bikes. This move comes a year after the legislature raised the state’s gasoline tax by 10 cents/gallon, a move that prompted complaints from car owners tired of having to dodge bike-riding scofflaws in their daily commutes that bicycle-riders weren’t paying their fair share for road maintenance. Of course, snowflakes protested the move. BikePortland publisher Jonathan Maus called it “an unprecedented step in the wrong direction. We are taxing the healthiest, most inexpensive, most environmentally friendly, most efficient and most economically sustainable form of transportation ever devised by the human species.” Yes, and you are also not exempt from paying taxes. If you can afford a $2,000 bicycle, you can also afford a $15 tax, especially given that Oregon has no sales tax. Toughen up.
- In other news, Senate Republicans appear to be intent upon committing political hari-kari, as the defection of two staunch conservatives, Mike Lee and Jerry Moran, ensured the death of the current legislative vehicle for reforming Obamacare in the Senate. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that his strategy will now shift to a straight repeal of Obamacare, with an ensuing effort to pass a bi-partisan reform bill. Given that almost every Senate Republican already voted in favor of a straight repeal multiple times while Obama was in office, one might think they would easily do so again. But one would be wrong in thinking that. There is no more dangerous and faulty assumption to make than assuming intellectual consistency from DC establishment Republicans. It’s going to be a long, hot summer.
Just another day in milquetoast Republicans America.
That is all.
- That must have been a hell of a meeting.: China’s military posted a warning on its official website to North Korea not to cross its “bottom line”. A few minutes later, the warning was mysteriously taken down. Too late – it had already been screen-grabbed by many enterprising souls, and is now making the rounds across the web. This warning comes in the wake of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s meeting over the weekend with President Donald Trump. Earlier in the week, China turned away three North Korean coal ships from their ports, a huge development since coal is the main export from North Korea to China. Meanwhile, there are reports that key NK government leaders have fled Pyongyang, the nation’s capital, and are holing themselves up in bunkers. The crazy little fat guy is getting nervous.
- President Trump said on Wednesday that U.S.-Russia relations may be “at an all-time low.” Fake journalists across the fake news media spun that statement into an admission that Vladimir Putin is Trump’s bestest buddy ever. Film at 11.
- She thinks MSNBC is just too darn conservative.: Former Clinton advisor Jennifer Palmieri, in a discussion panel in Washington DC yesterday, made the hilarious claim that the fake news media is “much harder” on Democrats than Republicans, and was highly biased AGAINST The Most Corrupt Woman in America during the campaign. No word if Ms. Palmieri also believes that up is down, black is white, that there really is an alien mother ship deep beneath the ice in Antarctica, or that Colonel Sanders is still alive and partnering with the Illuminati to dominate the globe, but it seems likely.
- Of course, they also feel unsafe watching re-runs of “Gilligan’s Island.”: With Vice President Mike Pence scheduled to deliver Notre Dame’s commencement speech on May 21, some of the university’s snowflakes are feeling “unsafe”. So two of these pitiful creatures have started a cute campaign complete with a fancy hashtag called #notmycommencementspeaker. “For me personally, [Pence] represents the larger Trump administration,” One of the lead snowflakes told the university’s newspaper. “His administration represents something, and for many people on our campus, it makes them feel unsafe to have someone who openly is offensive but also demeaning of their humanity and of their life and of their identity.” How did these people ever make their way past pacifiers and diapers? If I or any my friends had behaved this way when we were in college, we’d have gotten our butts kicked, and deservedly so.
- What could possibly go wrong? Oh, wait…: HUD Secretary Ben Carson visited a public housing project in Miami as a part of his nationwide listening tour, and immediately got stuck in a malfunctioning elevator for 20 minutes. Hard to believe an elevator built by the federal government doesn’t work properly, isn’t it?
- Tired of winning yet?: After the Obama Administration ignored the case for six years, a joint U.S.-Mexico task force yesterday arrested the main suspect in the 2010 killing of Border Control Agent Brian Terry. For those unfamiliar with this case, Agent Terry’s murder led to the exposure of Obama’s “Fast and Furious” operation, in which the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sold guns to known Mexican criminals in Phoenix with the alleged intention of tracking them down once they went back into Mexico. Mr. Terry was murdered during one of those tracking operations. The Obama Administration was intent upon covering up “Fast and Furious” and everything surrounding it, and it basically covered up the Terry killing as well. And so another Obama disgrace gets resolved in the first 90 days of the Trump Administration.
Just another day in not-so-fast-and-furious America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Fox News Channel
- Yes, if by “core values” you mean no values at all.: Student snowflakes at swanky Swarthmore College who recently staged an anti-fossil fuel sit-in are upset that they are actually being punished for impinging on the rights of fellow students and administrators to get their business done. Several of the sensitive children were issued citations by the university this week, with “punishments” ranging from simple warnings to – gasp! – probation. The children have responded predictably for a bunch of entitled nitwits, claiming that the school’s actions represent a violation of Swarthmore’s “core values.” I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Note to fake news media: A pig that has lost a whisker remains a pig.: A fake journalist named Lissie Lapowsky published a piece at Wired in which she whines that President Donald Trump is “gutting the federal budget.” For the record, the Trump budget proposal would reduce discretionary federal spending by a not-so-whopping 1.2 percent. Obviously, the fake editors at Wired agree with their fake writer that 1.2 percent, a percentage that could easily be saved by a simple hiring freeze, amounts to “gutting.” But the fake media is not biased, oh, no. Perish the thought.
- Fake reporter Jeremy Diamond ran a report at CNN with this headline: “Trump Moves Agenda Forward Even As Russia Controversy Swirls.” Mr. Diamond is obviously astonished that the President is not hunkered down in a corner sucking his thumb as the fake media continues to focus on a fake “controversy” about which a) no one, not one single person has presented a single piece of evidence of the “controversy’s” existence, and b) every former Obama official who has testified before congress admits they have seen no evidence of the “controversy’s” existence. But because the fake media insists on reporting all Russia, all the time, the fake reporters at CNN expect the President to stop all work. Folks, it really has come to the point that, if you spend a moment watching CNN, you are committing an unpatriotic act. Seriously.
Just another week in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.