[Note: Larry Schweikart, America’s History Teacher and author/co-author of several best selling books, is a frequent contributor here at The Campaign Update. This morning he posted a terrific thread on Twitter containing an array of insights on current events and the 2020 election dynamics, which I am reproducing here with his permisssion.]
1) Perspective: Just four years ago, the top two threats to the US were illegals & trade outsourcing.
2) Both have been significantly & substantially addressed by @realDonaldTrump. Maybe not 100% fixed, maybe a long way to go, but clearly in the right direction.
— Larry Schweikart (@LarrySchweikart) June 11, 2020
3) How do you know Trump has largely won on both issues? They ain’t in the news.
4) When was the last time you heard about the Wall? DemoKKKrats know they cannot stop it now. They’ve given up even trying. Trump pulled off a master move in funding it through the Pentagon.
5) On trade/outsourcing, Trump proved that, yes, he did have a magic wand and yes some of the jobs did come back & were coming back steadily before China retaliated with the China Virus.
6) But DemoKKKrats know in any kind of “normal” economy, MANY of those jobs will come back.
7) I am convinced this is partly the reason for the heightened Kushner attacks last week. DemoKKKrats are still (unsuccessfully) trying to drive a wedge between the jobs/trade side of MAGA and the immigration side.
8) BTW, where is Menopausal Ann [Coulter] on this? Where is DACA?
9) DemoKKKrats have totally dropped DACA cuz they lost.
10) What is the significance of the illegal slowdown? Of the DACA loss?
11) It has spurred the DemoKKKrats even more to try to find other voters to replace them.
12) DemoKKKrats’ black support is slowly eroding.
13) Just like whites, you will see a MAGA black side (most still will out of safety concerns not say this openly) and a (yes, much larger) BLM side.
14) On the MAGA side will be business owners, middle and aspiring middle class blacks, & blue collar workers.
15) Not surprisingly, while the percentages will be different, the black community will (finally) come to resemble the white community in that you’ll have snowflake BLM/college educated blacks robotized by “higher ed” & you’ll have “practical blacks” who’ve seen the Ds do nothing.
16) There is plenty of poll support for this second group of MAGA blacks to be anywhere from 15-25% of the black electorate, but there is good reason to think there is another skeptical layer that will always just stay home rather than keep voting for liars.
17) As @helloitsthao [Thao Nguyen] points out, this is creating a “donut” where elements of inner cities & outer ring/rural whites vote MAGA and the inner suburb snowflake Karens vote Whackadoodle Lib.
18) However, in the bigger picture, Trump has totally destroyed the DemoKKKrats’ next 50 years of voter base with sharply curtailing illegals & by attracting “practical black” votes.
19) The DemoKKKrats had to go somewhere.
20) Enter the Snowflake Karens.
21) The dual edged sword of China Virus fear porn & the shaming-on-steroids BLM hate movement have thus far succeeded with that inner ring. Most urban-dwelling college educated now hate Trump (rural do not). This is largely out of fear-shaming by SJWs now joined by the corporates.
22) Oh, here are two Larry Schweikart prophecies: First, the NFL WILL sport some sort of BLM logo on helmets & uniforms this fall. (Your response: “Well, I’ll just watch college football.”) Not so fast. VERY SOON, maybe this year you’ll also see the colleges go full BLM in their sports.
22) contd. Second, the 15% movement, where bidnesses are shamed into saying they will purchase/use suppliers who are black owned by the rate of 15%? Soon BLM will demand 30%. Then 60%. Then 100%. NO. NUMBER. WILL. EVER. BE. ENOUGH.
23) Allow me to quote from “A Patriot’s History of the United States” by Schweikart and Michael Allen: [1960’s radical] Jerry Rubin explained “Satisfy our demands & we go twelve more… All we want from these meetings are demands that are never ‘reasonable’. When the demands reached the point that no rational university administrator [OR, I WOULD ADD TODAY, CITY OR BUSINESS LEADER] or public official could possibly comply with them,’ Rubin noted, “Then we scream, righteously angry . . . . Goals are irrelevant. The tactics, the actions are critical.”
24) Of course, Rubin wasn’t entirely honest. No leftists are. He meant that short-term goals were irrelevant, but the destabilization of society as a long-term objective was entirely relevant.
25) The last people to figure this out are liberals. That’s why in communist society they are the first ones shot and imprisoned. They are sheep, baffled by the fact that the “movement” has turned on them. Conservatives & advocates of freedom fought, ran, or hid for far longer.
26) In conclusion, the NFL, the NBA, the City of Seattle, the City of New York, the City of Chicago et al. are all on borrowed time. There will be “twelve more demands.”
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.