Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Situational outrage, by Mitt Romney. – Mitt Romney still thinks he can become president. That fact was obvious throughout his 2018 senatorial campaign, and it is obvious in every public statement he’s made since buying that Utah senate seat. He didn’t come to the senate to represent the interests of the people of Utah; he came there for pure self-aggrandizement purposes. He’s there solely to undermine President Donald Trump, and see if he can somehow work with Bill Kristol and the few dozen remaining #NeverTrump fake Republicans to weasel his way into the 2020 GOP presidential nomination.
Thus, Romney’s statement about the Mueller report issued yesterday comes as no surprise at all. Here’s what he said:
I have now read the redacted Mueller report and offer my personal reaction: pic.twitter.com/ACnExskqXJ
— Senator Mitt Romney (@SenatorRomney) April 19, 2019
So, just as Romney refused to actually campaign against Barack Obama in 2012, refused to offer any cogent criticism of his radical leftist opponent or go after him in any truly meaningful way, he still refuses to point his crooked finger of criticism at the real opposition today. Romney’s “sickened” reading all the gossip and unfounded innuendo put into the Mueller Report by 19 Clinton/Obama hacks, but he is not at all sickened by these actual facts:
- Romney is not sickened by the fact that the Democrats conspired with the fake news media for three solid years to push a “Russia Collusion” conspiracy theory;
- Romney is not sickened by the fact that Special Counsel has proven that conspiracy theory to be a total and complete fraud;
- He is not sickened by the fact that the Hillary Clinton Campaign and DNC spent $11 million conspiring with agents from Great Britain and Russia to compile the phony “Trump Dossier” that became the foundation for the conspiracy theory;
- He is not sickened by the fact that, in the wake of being revealed to be massive frauds, neither the Democrats nor anyone in the fake news media has offered any sort of apology for their anti-American efforts to undermine a duly elected president and our democracy;
- He is not sickened by the fact that a cabal of deep state operatives within the DOJ/FBI worked first to fix the 2016 election in favor of the Pantsuit Princess, and then worked to effect an actual, real coup d’etat designed to fraudulently remove a sitting President;
- Mitt Romney, ostensibly a “Republican”, is not sickened by the likelihood that this cabal’s efforts have hampered the ability of a duly-elected President to properly staff his administration and do the work of the American people, and that those efforts most likely enabled the Democrats to capture control of the House of Representatives in 2018;
- Mitt Romney, supposed upstanding American, is not sickened by the fact that Robert Mueller and his Gestapo-like tactics have destroyed the lives of many American citizens, including a real, true American hero in General Mike Flynn.
That list of things that sicken you and me but do not even phase Mitt Romney could go on and on and on. But being sickened by any of those things would not help this self-absorbed jerk advance his goal of snaking his way into the GOP nomination in 2020. So, why bother, right?
Mitt Romney’s sensibilities and ethics are purely situational.
Donald Trump is who he is, and he wears that personal reality right out there on his sleeve for everyone to see. You can like him or not like him, but he has been a damned-effective President despite the massive conspiracy designed to stop him. And the best thing about him is that he is completely transparent, unlike any of his most public critics, most especially the fake-Republican snakes in the grass like Mitt Romney.
Here’s the bottom line: Mitt lost; Trump won.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.