Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Here are some things to understand about Alexander Vindman, the mid-level NSC flunky who the Democrats and their media toadies are trying to portray as the second coming of Audie Murphy in the wake of yesterday’s testimony before Adam Schiff’s Soviet-style inquisition:
– Mr. Vindman served his country admirably, rising to the rank of Lt. Colonel and earning a Purple Heart while serving in the Iraq War.
– He was born in Ukraine and speaks the language fluently. He and his twin brother emigrated to the United States in 1979, when they were 3 years old.
– He is most likely the so-called second “whistleblower,” who was much-ballyhooed by the media for about 48 hours several weeks ago before his statement was disappeared from the news like a favorable Trump poll. In that role, he has most likely been coordinating with Schiff and his hired Lawfare staff for many weeks now, waiting patiently for the cue to play his role in this ongoing DC Swamp Kabuki Theater production.
– He never wears his uniform to work. His wearing of the uniform on Tuesday was part of Schiff’s careful choreography of this whole drama, an attempt to lend credibility to an obviously politically-motivated hack. It’s the kind of stuff we regularly see in third-world military coup d’etat efforts.
– While serving at the NSC, he had numerous contacts with foreign agents, including the very sketchy attorney Marcus Cohen, who poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the campaign of now-Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, in the hopes of being appointed to a high-level position within his administration.
– While Vindman’s military service is honorable, in testifying on Tuesday he was disobeying a direct order from his Commander-in-Chief. That is not honorable.
– During his testimony, Adam Schiff directed Vindman to refuse to answer questions from Republican members of the committee in order to protect Vindman from incriminating himself. Again, exactly the sort of stuff we regularly see taking place in banana republic coup d’etat efforts.
– Also during his testimony, Vindman apparently admitted to leaking the contents of the President’s classified call to several people, almost certainly a crime.
– The questions Schiff was most concerned about had to do with the identities of the people to whom Vindman had leaked the contents of the call. Again, most likely a felony under U.S. law.
– Despite the clear admission in his published opening statement that the published transcript of the call is accurate, Vindman also testified that he had actually made efforts to force changes to be made to the transcript in order to better fit his and Schiff’s narrative.
What we see with Vindman and Schiff’s other politically-motivated witnesses is the reason why Schiff and Pelosi have insisted in running this Soviet-style process behind closed doors, and why they can never allow the Republicans to have full rights to issue subpoenas and publicly question witnesses in this process. It is why the “resolution” the Democrats are ostensibly planning to vote on tomorrow – appropriately on Halloween – carefully preserves Schiff’s ability to shut down questioning and determine who can testify.
This is not an impeachment, folks – even Pelosi and Schiff admit that. This is a coup d’etat. It is simply a continuation of the efforts to bring down Trump that started way back in the Winter of 2015 at the Obama DOJ and FBI, and most likely the Obama White House itself. This latest episode basically amounts to the 10th or 12th act in the longest theatrical production in the history of the Deep State, with the fake news media faithfully playing the role of the Amen Chorus.
Alexander Vindman was just this week’s special guest star, all dressed up in his costume and playing his part to the max. Who knows what swamp skunk or snake Schiff and Pelosi will put before the nation next week.
One thing we know for certain: The Democrats at this point are in this all far too deep to ever pull back without committing voluntary political suicide. They have no choice now but to continue playing it all out until the bitter end. If you think they would hesitate for a moment before resorting to outright insurrection and widespread violence to maintain their power, you haven’t been paying close enough attention to what they’ve already been doing.
Be careful out there.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.