Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The big news out of the dying NFL this weekend is not that the Dallas Cowboys beat the hated Washington Redskins in the first of their two annual rivalry games. Nor is it that the New England Patriots survived a tough challenge from the recovering San Dieg…er, Los Angeles Chargers. No, the big news is that the Houston Texans, after having avoided significant controversy during this controversy-filled season, finally joined the rest of the league in staging a silly kneel-in during the national anthem prior to their game with the Seattle Seahawks, a game the Texans naturally went on to lose.
- It seems the Texans’ snowflake players got all verklempt when they found out that, during an owners’ meeting to address the league’s ongoing anthem protest issues, Texans’ owner Bob McNair told his colleagues that “we can’t have the inmates running the prison.” Ooops. Given that the NFL each off-season has a player arrest record that would fill the pages of the average Dan Brown novel, that phrase hits a little too close to home, since so many players figure a prison term might well eventually become a part of their future. And hey, who needs to be reminded of that, right?
- So the Texans players took their knee, went out and played no defense at all, and lost the game. And they’re cool with that, because, like, they made a point or something. Thus, the NFL’s population of potential fans and TV viewers took another significant hit, with the league still failing to do anything effective to resolve its problem.
- The big news out of dying Hollywood this weekend was…well, several things. The biggest news, which hit just last night, is that the whole Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment mess might finally be starting to shift over to the Hollywood culture’s massive problem with pedophilia, which has been an open secret since the Great Depression era. Actor Anthony Rapp publicly accused Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting him in 1986, when he was just 14 years old.
- The incident allegedly took place while both actors were appearing in a Broadway show in New York City, meaning that Mr. Rapp is not subject to California’s libel laws, which are set up to protect Hollywood’s bad actors. Those libel laws have prevented other child actors who were sexually abused by adult child molesters, like Corey Feldman, from giving names to their stories of having been molested. Whether Mr. Rapp’s specific naming of Mr. Spacey will spark a flood of similar allegations from the many others who have been abused over the years by film industry adults – similar to the flood we’ve seen related to Weinstein since the NYTimes published its expose’ about his serial woman abuse – remains to be seen. We can always hope.
- In other Hollywood-is-dying news, the latest production from George Clooney and Matt Damon, a stinker of a film called “Suburbicon”, opened to abysmal box office, grossing just a little over $3 million for the entire weekend. Meanwhile, the latest film produced by the Weinstein Company, an indie film called “Amityville, The Awakening”, brought in…wait for it…$742 in limited release at 10 theaters across the country. That number is not a typo.
- Finally, the big news out of the dying DC Swamp was of course that Special Counsel Robert Mueller apparently had someone on his staff commit a felony by leaking to CNN the fact that the grand jury convened by Mueller in Washington, DC issued its first indictment on Friday, with the arrest expected to take place today. This criminal leak of grand jury proceedings was obviously made so that CNN and other Democrat-supporting fake news outlets could spend the entire weekend focusing on this bit of news instead of the mushrooming scandals over Uranium One bribery/money laundering that took place during the Obama years and the Clinton/DNC funding of the fake Trump Dossier. Because, of course, Robert Mueller is a DC Swamp creature and this is how the Swamp operates.
- In other DC Swamp news, swamp creatures Sen. Bob Corker and terminally annoying Ohio Gov. John “my Dad was a postman” Kasich both let it be known that they’re so darn mad at mean ol’ Donald Trump that they might just decide to run against him for the GOP nomination in 2020. Yeah, because picking fights with the President has worked out so well for both men thus far. Somehow, I don’t think Mr. Trump was quaking in his loafers at either announcement.
Just another day in dying NFL, Hollywood and DC Swamp America. Thank you, Donald Trump.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Getting tired of all this winning yet? – The USDA reported on Monday that the number of Americans receiving benefits from the federal food stamps program dropped by more than 1.5 million in just the first 6 months of the Donald Trump presidency. At the state level, food stamp enrollments are down in 42 of 50 states during the same time period. Data is not available for months after July, but it is likely that this trend reversed during September with the landfalls of three major hurricanes on the U.S. mainland and Puerto Rico, which displaced hundreds of thousands from their homes. But overall, this is just another sign of the economy’s job-creating response to the Trump Administration’s efforts to reduce regulatory burdens on the business community.
- Ok, well, I knew a little bit…ok, well, maybe I knew more than a little bit…ok, well… – Big-time actor Matt Damon, who just a couple of weeks ago expressed his utter shock and surprise that Big-Time Hollywood Muckety-Muck and his good friend Harvey Weinstein was a serial woman abuser, told an interviewer on ABC Monday that, well, he did know that his buddy Harvey had heinously harassed Brad Pitt’s then-22 year-old girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow back in 1996. The reason he knew about that incident is because he was told by his other good friend, Pitt. Naturally, Damon, being the big-time Hollywood star he is, was let off without any sort of followup question to this admission by the ABC fake journalist who was posing as his interviewer.
- What we are inevitably going to keep finding out as this ballooning scandal continues to grow, is that pretty much every one of these big-time Hollywood figures and Democrat politicians who have expressed their utter shock and dismay to “learn” of their friend Harvey’s disgusting behavior actually knew about their friend Harvey’s behavior all along, but went along with the Hollywood/Democrat/media cult of omerta about the thug because they all hoped to at some point benefit from their good friend Harvey’s power and money.
- Mr. Damon, after all, and his other good buddy Ben Affleck – who has been catching heat for revelations about his own poor behavior towards women – became big-time movie stars themselves when their indie film “Good Will Hunting” won two 1997 Academy Awards after being picked up and funded by…drum roll, please…Harvey Weinstein. They’ve both profited handsomely by working with Weinstein on other projects since then.
- And talk about keeping the omerta pact, Brad Pitt has remained mum about his pal Harvey for more than 20 years despite having long-term relationships with not just one but two actresses who were targets of Weinstein’s humiliations, Ms. Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, who also charges that she was assaulted by Weinstein in the early years of her career. It’s almost like he was asking his pal Harvey for referrals. For a real man, keeping that silence for all those years would have been pretty much impossible to do. But we’re not talking about real men here, we’re talking about big-time actors, who only pretend to be real men on film.
- All these revelations about Hollywood’s debased, depraved culture are having an impact at the box office, as big-budget films like “GeoStorm” and “The Snowman” tanked badly this past weekend, joining a long and growing list of Hollywood casualties this year.
- And we haven’t even gotten around to all the pedophiles yet. As actor Corey Feldman points out, one of the major reasons why is because Hollywood has been so successful over the years getting California’s Democrats to put in place libel laws that are designed to shield the abusers, just another legacy of that political party’s disgraceful partnership with a depraved community. Naturally, after a round of interviews on the subject last week, it was widely reported by the mainstream news media that Feldman had been arrested over the weekend on marijuana possession charges when his tour bus was stopped by Louisiana police. Feldman had to take to his Twitter feed to clarify that, while several others on the bus were charged with possession of drugs, he was neither arrested nor charged with anything.
- But Feldman is used to receiving this kind of treatment from the fake news media. When he first began speaking out in 2013 about how he and fellow child star Corey Haim were passed around by child abusers early in their careers, he was famously berated by reliable celebrity shill Barbara Walters when he made the mistake of appearing on “The View”.
- What Hollywood’s culture of depravity has had going on with the media and the Democrat Party for many years now is a classic protection racket. As law enforcement officials have found out with the mob, protection rackets die hard. It’s going to take a lot of courage on the part of the many, many women and child actors who were abused to break this one up. So far, anyway, we’re off to a promising start.
Just another day in Hollywood protection racket America.
That is all.