Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- If you want proof that Republicans and Democrats live in two completely different sets of reality, all you need to do is go read the piece linked here summarizing a new Gallup survey regarding Americans’ trust in the fake news media. According to Gallup – whose results admittedly must always be called into question since it refuses to publicly release the sampling methods behind its polling – fully 72% of Democrats have “a great deal/fair amount of trust and confidence” in the accuracy of the country’s fake news media, while just 14% of Republicans and 37% of Independents admit to holding the same view.
- Let that set in for a moment. As an example, when President Trump visited Houston in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, he was filmed by all media present interacting with literally hundreds of ordinary people, hugging them, talking to them, coloring pages with their children, helping them load their trucks with supplies, working behind the lunch counter at the shelter, etc. It was an extraordinary example of presidential leadership and empathy with the common man. Yet that evening, when CNN and MSNBC both falsely reported that the President had met no one, interacted with no one, and ignored the suffering of those people, Gallup tells us that 72% of the nation’s Democrats believed those reports, despite the video evidence before their own lyin’ eyes.
- That’s not just a disconnect, that is conscious, intentional exercise in mass self-delusion. Given that self-described “Democrats” make up about 35% of adults, Gallup’s results indicate that roughly one out of every four adults you come across lives in a complete and total fake media-created fantasy world. Truly frightening.
- This brings me to a long piece published in Time on Wednesday, which attempts to analyze how the Democrat Party’s ‘leaders’, such as they are, are trying desperately to get the Party’s act together in preparation for the 2018 mid-term elections and the 2020 presidential contest. It’s a decent, if superficial, analysis, focused mainly on the Party’s math problem in terms of how few levers of power it actually controls, its pathetic fundraising efforts, and the conflicts among the Party’s current ‘leaders’ – again, such as they are – over whether to continue trying to attract the independent voters who will make or break their efforts to win races, or just chuck it all and take the Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren turn to the hard left.
- In other words, the piece is all the standard ‘insider’ stuff written by a standard DC ‘insider’ fake reporter. It’s all the sort of stuff that actually mattered in the days before the 2016 campaign and President Donald Trump, but now really just doesn’t get to the heart of the matter and which betrays a complete lack of real understanding of what is going on in the 95% of the country that lies outside of the nation’s major media centers.
- Here’s the reality for the Democrat Party: The Party has to completely change the faces that represent it in order to have any chance at all to regain real levers of power through the electoral process. And that is a process of change that will take years, not weeks or months, to achieve.
- The faces of the Democrat Party today are a) Corruption (Hillary Clinton), b) Commies (Bernie Sanders), c) fraud (Elizabeth “Fauxcahontas” Warren), d) open borders radicalism (DNC leaders), e) dishonesty and incompetence (Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer) and f) thuggery (Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and other Soros-supported civil unrest groups). If they’re smart (always an open question, I admit), Republican candidates in 2018 and 2020 won’t be spending their time and money running against their nominal Democrat opponents, they will be spending most of their time and money running against all these ugly, grossly unpopular faces of the Democrat Party as a whole.
- Democrat candidates for office can talk all they want to about all the “free stuff” they plan to hand out to anyone who votes for them, but when the face of your Party is San Fran Nan, or black-masked thugs who spend their time violently assaulting political opponents and tossing bags filled with urine at policemen, those promises of “free stuff” are going to largely fall on deaf ears. Time talks about Democrat efforts to turn 24 currently-GOP congressional seats to their advantage in order to regain a majority in the House of Representatives. Time doesn’t really talk about how inevitably leftwing Democrat candidates are going to convince moderate and conservative voters in these “flyover country” districts to vote for them when the GOP incumbents are running ad after ad featuring the Commie, the Most Corrupt Woman in America, or video of town squares being burned by the armed “Resistance” wing of the Democrat Party.
- As we’ve seen in this year’s special elections, the GOP was able to retain all five congressional seats in play, even when its candidates were weak or damaged, mainly by simply running ads featuring the stumbling, bumbling, doddering Nancy Pelosi. They haven’t even gotten around to running ads airing all the glowing, supportive statements about Antifa and Black Lives Matter coming from the mouths of Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Clinton, Sanders and Warren, complete with video of Berkeley or St. Louis burning in the background.
- This is the Democrats’ real problem for 2018 and 2020, and the foreseeable future beyond. We can count on all the “experts” in DC and New York to completely miss it, but it’s real, and there is no apparent solution to it. Regardless of how poorly the Republicans perform in their congressional efforts, their saving grace is likely to be the fact that they get to run for re-election against the ugly, sordid faces of the Democrat Party.
Just another day in Donald Trump’s America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Yet another police stand-down in another Democrat-controlled city took place on Sunday, and yet again the fake news media pretty much ignored the story. This time, the Antifa-led riot took place in a familiar place – Berkeley California, where an Oregon-based group called “Patriot’s Prayer” had planned to hold a peaceful demonstration of the exercise of free speech, a rapidly-dying concept in our country wherever Democrats are in control.
- Lacking confidence in the intent of the Berkeley police to provide adequate security, Patriot’s Prayer cancelled its event, but a few of its members showed up anyway to exercise their supposed constitutional right to assemble and speak. That was when they were set upon by hundreds of black-clad, masked Antifa terrorists. As is always the case whenever Antifa thugs arrive, beatings and destruction of property ensued. (Ironically, much of the action took place underneath a banner hung from a light pole that read, “Berkeley Stands United Against Hate.”)
- And, as has been the case several times previously in Berkeley this year, the police were obviously ordered to stand down and did nothing to curb the violence. At one point, they abandoned the scene altogether, retreating to a nearby station, where I guess they had a cup of coffee and some donuts.
- When interviewed by a local news station about the situation, Berkeley Police Chief Andrew Greenwald was nonchalant about his decision to stand down, saying “It’s a little early, we will take a look at what happened today but it doesn’t make sense to fight over something where the conditions have changed. The need for separation simply didn’t exist. And we’ll review the operation and once again learn from what we did. And that’s pretty much all I have to say for you now…And as far as I am concerned there are some deep discussions that need to happen within our community about providing space for Antifa and some of the folks we saw here today.”
- So, the Democrat Chief of Police, having obviously been ordered to stand down by the Democrat Mayor, is more concerned about “providing space for Antifa” than anything else that took place in his city on Sunday. This is your Democrat Party today, folks. You vote for these anti-American idiots – and that’s what these people running Berkeley, Charlottesville and many other cities are – at your own risk.
- The UK Daily Mail reports that “scientists” have produced a study showing that women with wide faces have a lust for power. That certainly helps to explain Hillary Clinton, Angela Merkel, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz and Elizabeth Warren, but gives us no insight at all on the mouse-faced Nancy Pelosi, or the never-ending clown show that is Maxine Waters.
- President Trump’s pardon of 85 year-old former Maricopa County, AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio predictably touched off yet another round of outright crazy from the Trump-hating left and the Trump-hating #neverTrump moron faction of the Republican Party. The silliest criticism came from political enemies like Arizona senators like John McCain and Jeff Flake, who derided the President for “not following the Justice Department review process” with the pardon, as if there is some “process” that governs what is an absolute authority granted explicitly to all presidents in the Constitution.
- The best, though, were a set of idiotic op-eds from leftist authors claiming that the pardon was somehow “impeachable” and an “assault on the judiciary”, as a couple of writers did. The Washington Post felt is was appropriate to publish at least two such pieces.
- Here’s reality: This 85 year-old was about to be sentenced to jail time for ignoring the order of a leftist federal judge to stop enforcing immigration law. That’s the truth. This judge “convicted” Mr. Arpaio of “contempt” while denying him his right to a trial by jury, something that is also explicitly guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. Her decision would have beyond all doubt been overturned by the U.S. appellate court, but she is so focused on making a political prisoner of Mr. Arpaio that she was moving to sentence him before his appeal could be heard. This is what fake Republicans like McCain and Flake, and the entirety of the nation’s fake news media are supporting.
- Meanwhile, Barack Obama, during his 8 years in office, issued 1,715 pardons of a wide variety of murderers, thugs, drug dealers and at least one trans-gender traitor to the nation without generating a peep of protest from McCain, Flake or any of the op-ed writers at the Washington Post. And guess what? He had an unfettered, explicit constitutional authority to issue those pardons, as repugnant to the sensibilities of most thinking Americans they might have been.
- But hey, you can’t cure crazy like these people are exhibiting. Long after we have cures for AIDS, cancer, muscular dystrophy and the heartbreak of psoriasis, Trump Derangement Syndrome-style crazy will endure.
Just another day in stand down cops in Democrat cities America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: KCRA News
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Some Seattle-based social justice warrior named Frances S. Lee woke up over the weekend and realized his political ideology is no different than your basic religious cult, complete with sacred texts, religious dogma, church elders and strictures on speech and behavior that must not be violated. Mr. Lee is asking to be excommunicated from this amazingly destructive, anti-American church. Good for him. The trouble is, for every awakened SJW like Mr. Lee, there are a hundred mind-numbed nitwits waiting to take his place.
- By the way, as you read Mr. Lee’s piece, try substituting the words “Climate Change” every time you read “Social Justice”, and you will see that his piece could have otherwise been written word-for-word about the global Church of Climate Alarm.
- Speaking of cults, John Sexton had an excellent piece at Hotair.com on Saturday, reminding us that the fake news media also functions in the very same way. His piece, a remembrance of the 2008 “Journolist” scandal, in which dozens of leftwing activists posing as journalists were revealed to be coordinating daily talking points, narratives, strategies and targets for demonization, all in support of their fake God, Barack Obama, needs to be read by all, because though the “Journolist” daily email chains might have disappeared, all these leftist seditionists are still dominating the fake news media and the cultish behavior still dominates the fake news coverage.
- All The Fake News That Fits, Part 86,452: As if on cue, the NYTimes provides a wonderful example of how this religious cult operates, as it ran a story titled “Iran Dominates In Iraq After U.S. Hands The Country Over”. Obviously the piece masquerades as an expose’ of the 15 year failed U.S. policy vis a vis Iraq following 911. Amazingly, the writers of this piece managed somehow to roll out its 1,000-plus words without mentioning the name “Barack Obama” – who inherited a fairly stable situation and intentionally destroyed it in keeping with his leftist ideology – one single time. If you want to know why I consistently point to the NYTimes as one of the fakest of all fake news outlets, this story is a prime example.
- And A New False God Rises In The West To Fill The Obama Void: Again, as if on cue, the NYPost reports that the Democrat Party, desperate to find someone who doesn’t require assisted living services to become their great new presidential hope, have now turned to – guess who? – yet another freshman senator from a heavily blue state. With Corey Booker having gone down in flames as simply unappealing to the masses, the Coastal Democrats now turn their eyes to a new annointee, Senator Kamala Harris of California. In the estimation of Party leaders and their fake news media propaganda agents, Sen. Harris has literally got it all: outspoken, good-looking, young-ish, a minority background, a woman, an excellent public speaker, and a person who can lie on cue without missing a beat.
- It will piss off the Fake Indian From Massachusets and The Most Corrupt Woman In America to no end, but Senator Harris is obviously the new Chosen One for the Coastal Democrats. In the coming months, expect to an undending series of newspaper and magazine articles praising Sen. Harris for her smarts, her toughness, her political skills, and yes, even laughingly for her “moderate”, “inclusive” political outlook, as the fake news media begins to condition the public at large to believe she is just the person to “bring the country together”, just as they began doing with Barack Obama starting in 2007. This is what the Democrats and the fake news media do.
Just another weekend in leftwing religious cult America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- This is what it looked like on Friday as Hollywood liberals and Democrats “tone down the rhetoric” in the wake of the shooting of House Minority Leader Steve Scalise:
- The Fake Indian Sen. From Massachussets – aka, Little Big Mouth Warren – responded to the GOP plan to repeal and replace the collapsing Obamacare system by calling it “blood money.”
- Not to be outdone, shameless Senator Richard “Stolen Valor” Blumenthal claimed that “Senate Republicans want to gut Medicaid – throwing children and families who rely on it to the wolves” and “The Republicans’ health care plan will literally cost American lives.”
- Chuck Schumer was tame by comparison: “The Senate Republican health care bill is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Only this wolf has even sharper teeth than the House bill.”
- A Democrat Party official in Nebraska was fired when a tape went public that showed him saying of Scalise “I wish that m*****f***** had died!” This was the Nebraska state Democrat Party, of course. If he were part of the national Democrat Party, he’d have been lionized and elevated to DNC chairman with cussing skills like that. BTW, the guy hilariously claimed his taped remarks were “taken out of context.”
- Tatted-up, meth-head, wife-beating actor Johnny Depp, seeing what’s left of his fading career swirling around the proverbial toilet bowl, issued a semi-apology for the remarks he’d made Thursday, outright advocating for some actor to assassinate the sitting President of the United States.
- An Illinois Democrat was tossed into the pokey for making multiple on-line posts saying that he wants to assassinate the President. This used to be a crime everywhere, for anyone who did it, but now it’s apparently only a crime for Joe Schmoes who live in Podunk, Ill. Hollywood has-beens, dog-whistling fake journalists and Democrat members of congress are obviously exempt these days.
- And all of that was just what happened on Friday. Sure glad to see all this unity coming from the Democrats.
- Better late than never, I guess.: The Senate Judiciary Committee, after wasting the better part of a year chasing the Democrat/media invented Russia Collusion Unicorn, finally announced that it is going to investigate the blatantly corrupt behavior of Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch towards the Hillary Clinton campaign and e-mail scandal. Given that this investigation, if properly pursued, will inevitably lead to the doorstep of not one, but both Bill and Hill, Ms. Lynch would well advised to hire a team of bodyguards and seal herself off into an armored safe room for the duration.
- President Trump, meanwhile, fresh off of trolling the fake news media/Democrat Axis of Nitwittery with his implying that tapes of his conversations with James Comey might exist, came up with a fresh troll when he announced he would kick off his 2020 campaign with a fundraiser to be held at…wait for it…the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC. Now that the whole Russia Collusion thing is dead, and the Obstruction of Justice charge has been revealed as another blatant fantasy play, we can expect the fake news media and Democrats to start changing the subject to “conflict of interest.” While they’re distracted chasing through rabbit holes, the President and his Administration will continue to quietly rescind the entire Obama “legacy”. Genius.
Just another day in Axis of Nitwittery America.
That is all.
- Fake Indian Senator heap big angry at former Big Chief taking wampum from forked tongue Wall Street guys.: Elizabeth Warren, the fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, is upset with Barack Obama, because he cashed in with a $400,000 speaker’s fee paid for by a Wall Street firm. The Fake Ms. Warren, of course, greedily takes hundreds of thousands of dollars from Wall Street interests into her campaign funds, and earns hundreds of thousands of dollars each year as a “professor” at Harvard, in a chair named for a deceased powerful Wall Street lawyer. In a political party built on fakery, “Faucahontas” may well be the fakest of them all.
- We here at the Alt-Left love Maxine Waters, even if she is a rambling, incoherent simpleton.: This is fun. The link takes you to a video of Maxine Waters, who has forgotten how to pronounce “North Korea.”
- We here at the Alt-Left also love Nancy Pelosi, who often makes Maxine Waters look like a pure genius by comparison.: In the interests of equal time, the Democrat minority leader also often appears to be losing it.
- Why the whole “Russia hacked the election” thing has disappeared from the headlines.: The evil minions at Facebook issued a report yesterday on the supposed “impacts” of “fake news” reports carried on that platform during the 2016 election campaign. The report’s conclusion is that such reports constituted less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the overall political discourse at Facebook, a tiny percentage that had no impact at all on voter decision-making. Very predictably, the fake news media is making no mention of that conclusion. Doesn’t fit the Democrat narrative, after all.
- News you won’t see in the fake news media.: A new poll from YouGov indicates that just 35% of Americans believe the fake news media exercises its guaranteed press freedoms responsibly. Those are the Democrats who responded to the poll.
- Let’s just hope he’s not Taco Loco.: The Dallas Cowboys took a kid named Taco in the first round of the NFL draft, a defensive end out of Michigan. This really has nothing to do with the Campaign that Never Ends – I just wanted to use the line that I sure do hope this Taco is Bueno. Taco Bueno – get it?
- So unabashedly fake they’ve become a parody of themselves.: Ok, lessee here…Trump’s tax cuts eliminate the income tax entirely for couples making $24,000; they cut the rate for the next $26,000 by 33%; they cut the rate of tax on the middle class by 40%; and they cut the rate on the upper class by 11%. Fake media strategy? Scream that IT’S A TAX CUT FOR THE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hey, rumbling tummies are a trigger point at Yale.: A group of Yale graduate students went on a “hunger strike” in hopes of convincing the University that the $40 grand in annual free tuition and $30 grand annual stipend for health benefits and living expenses they currently receive just is not enough for their expensive tastes. When it was revealed that the “hunger” part of the strike is actually optional, and that these snowflakes can actually go get food whenever they want to, the students were roundly and appropriately savaged on social media. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
Just another day in America, where even the hunger strikes are fake.
That is all.
- Happy Tax Day! Oh, wait, that’s Monday. No, wait, Monday’s a holiday for people in Washington DC for some reason (I don’t care what it is, so don’t tell me), so Tax Day is actually next Tuesday. That gives me three more full days to file my annual 6-month extension of time to file. Cool!
- Liawatha prepping to go on warpath.: Elizabeth Warren, the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, is releasing a book. Aren’t you thrilled? The theme of the book is basically, “Why I didn’t run for president in 2016.” Which means the fake Indian, without any question at all, is going to run for president in 2020. Notably, pre-sales for the book have been dismal, which could be a reflection of her current polling numbers in her home state. Hey, maybe even in Massachusetts, one can only run a very public fraud for so long.
- Who, me? Oh, pshaw.: Meanwhile, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley told an interviewer that she “can’t imagine running for president.” That means she is definitely running for president whenever the chance presents itself, and given the way she’s doing her job at the UN, that would probably not be a bad thing.
- It’s not our job to tell both sides…well, unless we agree with the liar.: ABC’s fake journalist and life-long Clinton sycophant George Stephanopolous, in a panel discussion on Friday, said it is not the fake news media’s job to report both sides of a story, and that it should in fact silence anyone who does not “accept reality.” Interestingly, he was not asked by the moderator why, given his belief, he spent years as the press spokesman for the nation’s first pathologically lying sociopath president. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Susan Rice when she spent half an hour on his Sunday morning fake news show in September 2012 blaming the assault on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi on an Internet video. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Barack Obama when he claimed his administration didn’t spy on fake journalists just like him. Nor was he asked why he didn’t act to silence Hillary Clinton when she claimed she didn’t know anything about the illegal email server she used for four years. Funny how these panel discussions work.
- Is this kind of content really why people subscribe to the Financial Times?: Unendingly obnoxious minor celebrity Lena Dunham told an interviewer with the Financial Times that Hillary Clinton’s loss was “heartbreaking” for her. I know, I know, you’re as sick of hearing about Lena Dunham’s bed-wetting over the election outcome as I am. But this blurb just made me think, why in the hell is the Financial Times interviewing Lena Dunham? Seriously.
- Here at Wellesley, the beatings will continue until you love us.: The student newspaper at Wellesley College came right out and admitted the truth about its fascist goals, publishing an op-ed that advocates violence against those who don’t conform to whatever the school’s progressive/fascist majority believes. “[I]f people are given the resources to learn and either continue to speak hate speech or refuse to adapt their beliefs, then hostility may be warranted,” the piece said. Funny, that’s sort of how I feel about anyone who still thinks Hillary Clinton isn’t a pathologically lying scumbag. It’s the progressive/fascist in me coming out, I guess.
Just another Good Friday in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
Illustration Credit: Fireandreamitchell.com