- Nothing to see here, folks, move along. Nothing to see here. – ABC’s Brian Ross proved once again yesterday that he really should be working at CNN. Ross’s breathless morning report that Mike Flynn was ready to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump had instructed him to collude with the Russians to try to impact the election threw the entirety of the fake news media and social media into a tizzy, with liberals at every media outlet excitedly predicting that this was the “beginning of the end” for President Trump.
- There was just one problem, though: the story was, as Ross’s stories so often turn out to be, completely false. But ABC let it hang out there all day long, negatively impacting the 401K accounts of millions of Americans by tanking the stock market, before finally forcing Ross to correct his fake story on the network’s nightly newscast.
- The report was fake, but inaccurate. – On that broadcast, Ross told fake news reader David Muir that, well, gosh, actually, ummmm….welllll, it turns out that what his “source” had really told him was that, er, candidate Trump had simply instructed Flynn to start coming up with suggested approaches to a number of issues facing the U.S. and Russia, and then, after the election, President-elect Donald Trump told him to do his damn job and start making contacts with Russia, along with many other countries, which is what every other president-elect in modern U.S. history has done.
- ABC characterized Ross’s followup report as a “clarification”, but that’s not what it was at all. It was in fact an admission that the original report was simply false, and that Flynn’s plea deal is extremely unlikely to have any significant real impact on President Trump or his administration at all. Put simply, there is no story here, and never really was.
- Here’s what really happened yesterday: Mike Flynn agreed to plead guilty to making false statement to the FBI, a process crime that has literally nothing to do with what Robert Mueller’s special counsel office is supposed to be investigating. In exchange for that plea deal, Flynn agreed to give testimony in cases against other targets of this sham investigation, most likely Paul Manafort or Jared Kushner.
- In his statement before the court, Flynn made it very clear that what he won’t be doing is offering any testimony that might be characterized as an admission that he or anyone else in the Trump operation engaged in collusion with anyone from Russia to influence the election. In other words, there is absolutely nothing new here at all. Not one damn thing took place yesterday that we did not already know was going to happen, and yet our entire society was disrupted for half a day because ABC let Brian Ross, a reporter already well-known for filing fake reports, file a completely fake report.
- We as a country have a desperate need to find ways to penalize these giant fake media operations when they engage in such heinous false reporting as ABC did yesterday. Episodes like this have a major disruption on our entire society, costing our economy and our citizens billions of dollars in the process.
- Worse than that, the fake media monolith is literally brainwashing a vast segment of our society that has no ability to filter the fakeness or think rationally. These people live in a fantasy world in which the Russians, not Donald Trump, defeated Hillary Clinton, where it’s more important to be politically correct than it is to protect the lives of U.S. citizens, where socialism – which has failed all over the world for a century and resulted in the deaths of hundreds of millions of people – is the peachy idea for America’s future.
- The fake media is destroying this country, dividing the population irreparably with a constant stream of false reports like Ross’s, driving our nation inexorably towards a second civil war, all in support of their Democrat Party benefactors. If we can’t find a way to penalize their intentional brainwashing of the public within the bounds of the First Amendment, then the First Amendment will end up destroying the country.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.