Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Why did Monday ever have to end? – Monday must have felt like a birthday, Christmas and Festivus all rolled up into one for President Donald Trump and the White House staff, as the good news started early in the morning and continued to pour in all day long.
Throughout the day, of course, they all got to watch as a parade of news-faking cretins flittered across their TV screens, vainly trying to concoct a rationalization for why they have been lying to their viewers and fans for more than two years as they promoted the Democrats’ “Russia Collusion” fantasy play. From Morning Joe and Mika and Donny Deutsch, to the despicable hack Carl Bernstein, to the contemptible Andrew Napolitano, to the seditious – no, make that treasonous – John Brennan, to the terminally unfunny and odious Stephen Colbert, with dozens of other circus clowns and cranks sprinkled liberally in between, the cascade of disgraced nitwits, dupes and just plain old liars was glorious.
As if that weren’t cause enough for joy in Trump Land, shortly after noon came the news that the Creepy Porn Lawyer had been indicted and arrested on charges of extortion and mail fraud. Yes, friends, the guy who everyone at MSNBC and CNN spent half of 2018 touting as a legitimate contender for the Democrats’ presidential nomination in 2020 due solely to the fact that he represented a porn star has been caught red-handed, as the Justice Department released damning telephone transcripts that show him explicitly blackmailing Nike for $25 million. Thus, a major tormentor of the President appears likely to soon be headed for the pokey.
But it got even better. It turns out that the Creepy Porn Lawyer’s alleged partner in this extortion plot is none other than attorney and – until yesterday – paid CNN “legal analyst” Mark Geragos. Yes, that Mark Geragos, the selfsame Mark Geragos whose most prominent current client happens to be …wait for it…oh, you have to wait for this one…JUSSIE SMOLLETT!!!!!
Yes, friends and neighbors, that would be the very same actor Jussie Smollett who is currently facing prison time of his own for creating an outrageous hoax in an effort to smear the President and everyone who supports him. That Jussie Smollett.
I swear I do not make this stuff up. The greatest, most imaginative fiction writer in world history could not in a million years make this stuff up.
But things just kept getting better and better all day long, as a seemingly endless stream of positive news stories for the President and his 2020 re-election ambitions came across the wire. Here are some examples:
- In Texas, all House Democrats boycotted a committee hearing on a bill that would …wait for it…OUTLAW INFATICIDE. Yeah, that’s not gonna play well with Texas voters next year.
- Two-term New Mexico Senator Tom Udall announced he would not stand for re-election in 2020, opening up the seat for a strong GOP challenge.
- Trump appeals court nominee Bridget Bade received a favorable cloture vote in the senate, paving the way for her to become the President’s 37th addition to the federal appellate courts, an all-time record for a first term president.
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced the scheduling of a Senate vote on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s hair-brained, economy-destroying “Green New Deal”, which Democrats had been desperate to avoid since it will force them to go on-record.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVoss announced that DOE has opened investigations into eight universities tied to the still-unfolding college admissions and bribery scandal.
- While the Democrat Party remains mired in a slipperly-slope towards rank anti-Semitism, President Trump held a White House ceremony with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in which he formally recognized the Golan Heights as part of Israel.
- To cap the day off, the Pentagon announced that it has formally authorized the transfer $1 billion to kick-start the building of the southern border wall.
It was, for this President and his supporters, the Best Monday Ever.
Let’s hope today is the Best Tuesday Ever. Might as well start a new trend.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.