Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
It’s never a good things for any news outlet when it becomes “the story,” but that’s what has happened to the Fake News-purveying CNN. It couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.
- It’s official: The Fake News Network, aka CNN, has now become “The Story.” The Story is no longer Russia Collusion, or Obstruction, or Obamacare Repeal and Replace, or Tax Reform, or whatever President Donald Trump happened to tweet out this morning. CNN is now The Story, in the wake of the release of a second expository video from James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas, in which communist former Obama advisor and long-time CNN contributor Van Jones calls the Fake News Network’s focus on Russia Collusion “A big nothing burger.” That’s all he said in the very brief clip, but it’s all he needed to say.
- Suddenly, nobody is talking about Russia or Obstruction anymore, and everyone is talking about CNN and Project Veritas. The fake journalists at CNN spent more time defending themselves and their Fake News Network on Wednesday than they did attempting to slander the POTUS. Yes, much of the media noise about CNN/Veritas was slamming Veritas and defending CNN, but that misses the point. The point is that this was The Story that everyone in the fake national news media was focused on. Given that O’Keefe says he plans to release another new CNN-exposing video every day for the rest of this week, it’s a safe bet that this will continue to be the case.
- The bad news for the rest of the fake news media is that CNN is not the only fake news outlet getting such attention. Legendary Watergate reporter Bob Woodward, in remarks he gave following a screen of “All The President’s Men” in New York City, chastised the fake journalists at the NYTimes and other big media outlets for engaging in the same sort of unmitigated bias that characterizes CNN’s 24 hours of fake journalism every day. Sharyl Attkisson, another fantastic real journalist who was fired by CBS News for actually investigating the Obama-era abuse of the IRS, told a Fox News panel that the national news media gives the public a “false sense of reality”, and that many of those posing as journalists on TV and in social media are nothing more than “well-funded actors.” Ouch.
- Amidst all of this, CNN is being stalked by AT&T, and rumors abound that CNN CEO Jeff Zucker’s head might be on the chopping block should that buyout take place.
- Of course, CNN’s on-air fake talent tried desperately to shift the focus, smearing O’Keefe and his “heavily-edited” videos, and laughably claiming that Jones was “taken out of context”. Wolf Blitzer, who was captured on film sharing wine and snacks with the Clinton staff at the Democrat National Convention, tried to shift focus back to President Trump, claiming that his calling the fake news media “the enemy of the people” back in January is putting fake journalists like him in danger. *sigh*
- Predictably, CNN’s ratings continued to crash and burn, with the Tuesday night ratings showing a significant drop from Monday’s. Fox News continued to increase its renewed dominance of CNN and MSNBC, with its total audience very nearly equaling both of its main competitors combined.
- Make no mistake about it, CNN is in deep trouble at the moment. Its reputation is dead to anyone with functioning synapses in their cranial cavity, its leadership is in peril, its ratings are tanking, and it may soon be bought out and have to answer to new overlords.
- Meanwhile, President Donald Trump held meetings with energy leaders and victims of illegal immigrant crime, hosted the Chicago Cubs at the White House, and continued to press GOP senators for their support for the repeal and replacement of Obamacare, hinting at the end of the day that the senate was about to produce a “big surprise” on the Obamacare issue.
Just another day in fake news media becoming The Story America.
That is all.
- Now you know why his statement was so carefully worded.: I pointed out in Tuesday’s update that our bi-polar FBI Director’s “denial” of “wiretapping” allegations contained in President Trump’s tweets was very specific and extremely carefully worded to specifically only “deny” the exact wording contained in the tweets. Thus, Mr. Comey’s statement only “denied” that he was in possession of any evidence that “Obama” had “wire-tapped” “Trump Tower.” Nothing more. Yesterday, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) demonstrated why, revealing that he had uncovered information proving that then-President-elect Trump and his transition team were indeed spied upon by the Obama Administration, between election day and the inauguration. Mr. Comey obviously showed up to that hearing on Monday determined to reveal only information that might be harmful to the President, and to withhold anything helpful to him.
- Because some folks just need firing.: If Mr. Comey had any credibility prior to Monday, it is now gone. A new poll released on Wednesday by Harvard-Harris shows that the nation’s highest-ranking law enforcement officer is viewed favorably by just 17% of registered voters, an approval rating so low that it rivals that of the fake news media. The poll finds that Mr. Comey is viewed favorably by only 12% of Democrats, and a still-pitiful 26% of Republicans. Given that the poll’s sample was taken prior to Monday’s hearing, it’s a safe bet that ranking among Republicans will have fallen off precipitously by now. Familiarity breeds contempt, and the American public has become entirely too familiar with its FBI Director over the last year and a half. Enough.
- Breaking: Ol’ Bug Eyes is upset. Film at 11.: The Intel Committee’s ranking Democrat, the bug-eyed Adam Schiff, did his best to put lipstick on his party’s latest smelly pig, tossing out an array of hastily-prepared talking points for the fake media to parrot, but the pig perseveres nonetheless. We know now that we had an out-going presidential administration surveiling an incoming presidential transition team, and there is no way you can pretty that fact up. We also now know that the FBI is refusing to cooperate with the Intel Committee’s effort to investigate this matter. So it is what it is, and what it is is a big ol’ fat pig. And we can bet there is more yet to come on this front.
- Because that’s what the Fake News Media does.: The fake reporters, fake analysts, and fake anchors across the fake news media naturally did their best to toss cold water on Rep. Nunes’ allegations, but no matter how hard they try to support their Democrat benefactors, the fake media cannot escape the reality that all Nunes’ information does is confirm the accuracy of this report from the Jan. 19 edition of the NY Times. The key paragraph of that report is here:
The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.
- Remember, that was Jan. 19, and the “White House” that passage refers to was the Obama White House. That report by the NY Times was re-published by hundreds of its fellow fake news media outlets, including CNN, MSNBC, all three major networks, and pretty much every major daily newspaper in this country. Thus, despite their whole Claude Rains “I am shocked, shocked!” acts today, they all have already admitted that Trump’s tweets were true. They’re hoping you will all forget that reality, and honestly, most Democrats either will or already have.
- Still don’t think this is a serious problem for Democrats?: You don’t have to believe me – I give you Bob Woodward, on Wednesday’s Bill O’Reilly program: “If (what Nunes says) is true, the unmasking of U.S. civilians would be a gross violation…a felony.” He goes on: “You had people in the Obama administration passing around highly classified gossip.” Mr. Woodward is as DC establishment as DC establishment gets, and does not have a history of making such assertions lightly. Ask Richard Nixon.
- Was it poverty? Poor parenting? All those Gilligan’s Island re-runs? The heartbreak of psoriasis?: The perpetrator of the Islamic terrorist attack in London yesterday has been identified as well-known ‘hate-preacher’ Abu Izzadeen. The fake reporters, fake analysts and fake anchors throughout the fake news media will now spend weeks in a vain attempt to figure out what this poor man’s motivation could have possibly been. CNN will never figure it all out. Because that’s what the fake news media does.
- Chelsea Clinton just keeps on winning, for no discernible reason.: Great news, everybody! Chelsea Clinton, the achievement-devoid, 37 year-old daughter of The Most Corrupt Couple in America, is now going to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award, and nobody really knows why! Isn’t that great? Aren’t you all thrilled? Wait…what? Yes, Sweet, Sweet Chelsea, fresh off the heels of being given a lucrative seat on Expedia’s Board of Directors, despite an utter lack of any accomplishment or skillset for that job, is now being honored by The Lifetime Network for her lifetime achievement in the field of…ummmm… wellllllll….er,….oh yeah, “public service”. See, in between getting paid about $600k a few years back by NBC for doing about three TV interviews – including one very memorable gabfest with the Geico Gekko – and having the unsuspecting donors to her family’s fake “Foundation” foot the bill for her million dollar wedding to a now-failed hedge fund hustler, Chelsea apparently spent about ten minutes on something called “The Alliance For A Healthier Generation”, although no one knew anything about that until now. Funny how that works, but only if your name is Clinton.
- Some things never change.: Meanwhile, every Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee continued to make asses of themselves, twisting themselves into pretzels of illogic in their fruitless questioning of Supreme Court Nominee Judge John Gorsuch. Gorsuch has proved to be the most capable nominee any GOP president has put forth in modern times, answering each and every idiotic question so completely, likeably and unassailably that his pathetic opponents are left with no means of countering them. If there aren’t enough Democrats who are still conscientious enough to break a filibuster against this nomination, then the Party is well and truly doomed to die. There is literally no legitimate grounds to oppose this man’s nomination. None.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.