Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The breathless headline at Buzzfeed this morning reads “CNN Is Imposing Strict New Rules On Its Russia Coverage”. Wow. “Strict new rules,” huh? What must those be? Well, if you read the actual story itself – which we know that most of Buzzfeed’s short attention-span browsers won’t, you find that these “strict new rules” involve CNN’s fake journalists having to – gasp! – check with a couple of editors before rushing their unsourced fake stories to the CNN fakenews website. What this tell us, if you understand what’s happening here, is that, prior to the issuance of this memo, CNN’s fake journalists could just toss stuff up there without having to check with an editor. Given that the memo was issued after CNN was revealed yet again has having posted an utterly false hatchet job on a former Trump campaign operative, it should come as no surprise that CNN has to this point been exercising literally no journalistic process at all.
- But now they are, right? Well, no. The thing to understand about this much-ballyhooed memo is that it targets only CNN’s fake journalists who post website stories. It does not impact CNN’s even faker reporters, anchors and talking heads to infest the fake news network’s television coverage. Those people are still free to toss out any slander, libel or fairy tale they want to toss while on the air. So, despite Buzzfeed’s blaring headline, it turns out these “strict new rules” are just CNN’s way of slathering a bunch more lipstick on its #fakenews pig.
- But hey, CNN is far from the only TV network dedicated to the pursuit and dissemination of fake news. Take NBC’s Chuck Todd as a great example. Mr. Todd, on his Meet the Press Sunday morning program, interviewed Communist Senator Bernie Sanders for eight full minutes without asking him a single question about why he and his wife find themselves under investigation by the FBI. This “oversight” by Mr. Todd extends the stonewall of this story by his entire network, which has to this point failed to spend a single second of air time informing its viewers of the Commie’s legal dilemma.
- But hey, it’s not just CNN and NBC: CBS and ABC have also joined NBC in stonewalling the Sanders story. See, FBI investigations are only “news” to the fake news networks when they target Republicans.
- But back to CNN: the greatest part of this entire episode is that CNN fake reporter Brian Stelter had to admit in his newsletter on Sunday that CNN’s editors are refusing comment on the matter, even to CNN’s own fake reporters! That, folks, is 100% priceless right there.
- Tired of Winning Yet?: Variety’s Sonya Saraiya reports in her weekend column that, after just 3 weeks on the air at her new home of NBC, Megyn Kelly’s “star is dimmer than ever.” Ms. Saraiya continues: “Kelly is didactic without being trustworthy; patronizing without being impressive. Her voiceover suggests doom without really proving it; there’s a scare-mongering side to her reportage. And, most importantly: She’s alienated everyone.” Ouch. Of course, Ms. Kelly’s planned morning program does not debut to September, so she hasn’t had a chance to alienate NBC’s morning viewers just yet. But she will; oh yes, she will.
Just one more day in #fakenews media America.
That is all.
- Democrats have now set themselves up with a big problem, thanks to their incessant, irrational talk about “Impeachment” over the last few months: They now have a radical leftwing base that expects them to deliver the goods, and soon. The trouble is, it’s a goal that is not deliverable any time in the foreseeable future. In doing this, the Democrats have set themselves up with the very same conundrum that Republicans set themselves up with on Obamacare.
- Why is it not deliverable? First because, simply, the impeachment of a president requires there to be a crime. So far, despite all the sound and fury and fake news reports based solely on unnamed “sources”, no crime has been identified. Indeed, no crime on the part of President Trump has even been alleged, as confirmed by a series of former Obama officials, the now-fired Director of the FBI and every Democrat Senator who has been willing to opine on the question. Hell, even the insufferable nitwit Maxine Waters was forced to admit this reality early this week. No crime, no impeachment. It really is that simple.
- Second is the next reality that the impeachment process is managed in the U.S. House of Representatives, where the Republicans currently control a very large majority of seats. The approval of articles of impeachment requires a majority vote in the house, meaning that, even if every Democrat were to vote in favor, dozens of Republicans would have to join them in that effort. And getting to that point assumes that Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan would even allow such a process to begin on his watch. Ryan has never been a fan of President Trump, obviously, but he is a loyal Republican, and it’s hard to imagine him allowing such a process to even begin on his watch, barring revelations that some real crimes have been committed by the President.
- Third is the reality that Impeachment simply means that the house has voted to accuse the President of crimes that merit his removal from office. The removal process is managed in the U.S. Senate, where again, Republicans have control, and where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has even more control over the process than Speaker Ryan does in the house. Making things even more difficult, the actual removal of a president from office requires a 2/3rds vote of the senate, not a simple majority, so it is not something Democrats would be able to accomplish by simply having disloyal Rinos like John McCain and Lindsey Graham join them in the effort.
- So basically, the Democrats, as the Republicans did seven years ago related to Obamacare, have now created an expectation among their base voters that they have no current way of satisfying, and let’s face it, the Democrat base is basically insane at this point in its overwhelming rage, and not known for its patience. This is a segment of our society that behaves in such an irrational manner because it believes it is entitled to have its way.
- The Democrats are now going to have to base their campaigns in the 2018 mid-term elections on a promise to impeach President Trump if they are given majorities in not one, but both houses of congress. This is a promise that, absent the revelation of some real crime committed by President Trump, is likely to turn as many people off as it turns on. It’s one thing to campaign against a piece of legislation, as the GOP did for the last 7 years; it’s quite another thing to base a campaign on the promise of never-ending chaos that is incredibly damaging to American democracy. Democrat base voters don’t care about such things, but independent voters by and large do.
- And here’s another pesky reality of life facing congressional Democrats: they aren’t likely to win a majority in either house of congress in 2018, much less both houses. House districts have been so expertly gerrymandered by both parties over the last 40 years that only a few dozen races will even be competitive, and Republicans will win their share of those competitive races. Democrats might close the gap in the House, but odds are very remote that they will turn it completely.
- The Senate is even tougher for Democrats, as more than half of their senate membership is up for re-election in 2018, and they will have to defend 25 of 34 seats that are in play. Eight of those seats currently occupied by Democrats are in states that were easily won in 2016 by Donald Trump. The most likely scenario for 2018 is that the Republicans will actually increase their majority in the Senate, not lose ground.
- Where does that leave the Democrats in 2019? It leaves them with an even angrier base of voters than they already have, though I know it’s hard to imagine that being the case. Further, it leaves them with literally no way to placate that perpetually enraged base going into the 2020 presidential elections. That in turn means that the Democrat Party will continue to migrate even further to the far left than it already is in its never-ending efforts to placate the rage. That leftwards lurch will almost certainly result in a presidential nominee who is unabashedly socialist/fascist, like Bernie Sanders, who will be pushing 80 by 2020, or the Fake Indian Senator from Massachusetts, who will be easily marginalized as the nut job she truly is.
- We have seen many Democrats now begin to back off from using the “I” word over the last couple of weeks, in part because of the appointment of a special counsel to investigate their Trump/Russia collusion fantasy, and in part because the smarter among them – like Sen. Feinstein – have worked through the same logical progression detailed above. But this won’t last for long, because their base of perpetual rage-filled entitlement babies won’t allow it.
- This is the house that the Democrats have built for themselves by allowing their worst nitwits to lead the party’s public messaging assault on President Trump. Who knows? Perhaps they’ll be able to manage it all to a successful conclusion. But the odds are very much against it, because the process of impeaching and removing a president was devised by much, much smarter people than they are.
Just another day in premature impeachment frenzy America.
That is all.
- We here in the Fake News Media want you to think today is something noble.: Today is May Day, which our fake news media will tell you all means it is “International Workers Day”. What the fake news media won’t tell you is that May Day is a celebration that originated in the Soviet Union, and is actually a celebration of communism. Which means all the progressives, social justice warriors and Bernie Sanders will be breaking the bubbly.
- She didn’t leave the commies, the commies left her.: Speaking of commies, even San Fran Nan Pelosi, that doddering, terminally confused leader of the congressional Democrats, is not radical enough for those celebrating Lenin and Stalin today. Her apparent lack of being quite stupid and out of touch with anyone outside of San Francisco enough for the Party’s ruling commie faction has led Senator Bernie Sanders to recruit a commie challenger for her when she runs for re-election next year. Man, it really is tough times to be in the Democrat “leadership” these days.
- It’s called projection.: Speaking of the Fake News Media, they had their annual celebration of faking the news in Washington DC on Saturday evening. Some really bad comic who no one over 16 has ever heard of emceed the event, at one point referring to Trump supporters as “his back country hick voters.” Meanwhile, speaker after speaker – including the Washington Posts’s Bob Woodward, who also used his speech to give out a commercial for Amazon stock – got up and felt the need to assure the audience that “we are not fake news.” Note to those speakers: If you feel the need to publicly claim you aren’t “fake news”, you probably are.
- Fake, but predictable.: In other words, the Fake News Media did exactly what President Donald Trump predicted they would do: They gave themselves a big congratulatory hug, profanely attacked the Administration, demonstrated zero sense of self-awareness or introspection about their collective abandonment of their intended role in this society as the protector of the public interest, and proved that they are indeed, in coordination with the Democrats, the Opposition Party. Then again, expecting these people to engage in introspection is like expecting your cat to quit shedding on your favorite pillow. Ain’t gonna happen.
- They reached that point around November 9, Mike.: Meanwhile, President Trump held a rally before a huge and raucus crowd in Pennsylvania to celebrate the end of his first 100 days in office. Vice President Mike Pence, while warming up the crowd, blamed “left-wing activists and their willing allies in the media” for “ignoring the facts and spreading that fake news. He’s driving them all a little bit crazy.” Which just proves that our Vice President remains a master of under-statement.
- She’s a feminist hero, after all.: HeatStreet reports that Linda Sarsour, a pro-terrorist, pro-sharia law activist who has ironically served as a major organizer of “women’s” marches around the country, is now a protected client of the Democrat National Committee. DNC Vice Chairman Michael Blake – a radical holdover of the Obama Administration – Tweeted this out over the weekend: “Making it real clear. If you keep coming after [Linda Sarsour], we’re going to respond directly, consistently, and with all heart and soul.” Thus, the very public and transparent co-option of the Democratic Party by radical Islam proceeds apace.
- Has anyone seen Joe Biden recently?: PJ Media reports that someone in Waynesboro, VA has been going around kidnapping cats, shaving their underbellies and then returning them home in the dead of night. No word if this guy – or gal – was an attendee at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, but he would have fit right in at the MSNBC table.
Just another day in fake news media, cat-shaving America.
That is all.
- Who you gonna believe, us or your lyin’ eyes?: There was another Islamic terrorist attack in Paris for which ISIS has taken credit, and everyone in authority and in the fake media in that country and in America is doing everything they can to pretend it has nothing to do with Islamic terrorism. Who could’ve ever seen that coming?
- Hey, whatever happened to that Jill Stein? Isn’t she a pistol?: Turns out that the insufferable Ms. Stein and her Green Party are now coordinating efforts with the Council on American and Islamic Relations (CAIR) to “fight Islamophobia”. CAIR, of course, has long served as an apologist group for Islamic terrorists and is known to have many ties to terrorist organizations. Hey, maybe ol’ Jill can get her new friends to demand a recount of the number of their ISIS buddies were killed by that MOAB we dropped Afghanistan last week. That’d be great.
- Speaking of prominent radical Islamists…: Keith Ellison, the Islamist Vice Chairman of the Democrat National Committee, told an audience on Thursday that his Party would be in far better shape if Barack Obama hadn’t been such a bad Party leader. That is absolutely true, and everyone should appreciate such a rare moment of abject honesty coming from any Democrat leader.
- Here at the DNC, we are unified in our separate-ness.: Speaking of the DNC, Chairman Tom Perez, the DNC’s serial-cussing Chairman, and Commie Senator Bernie Sanders kicked off their “Democratic Party Unity Tour” this week, with the stated goal of unifying the Democrats behind a far-leftists agenda and turning it into “a 50-state party”. Because, you know, right now it’s about a 12-state party at best. The problem is, in his first interview on the tour, the Commie Senator told the interviewer that he is “not a Democrat”, which kind of puts the lie to the whole deal, doesn’t it?
- You know he’s lying because he still has a job at CNN.: CNN fake journalist Jake Tapper, who drank the Obama Kool-aid for 8 long years, told an interviewer that too many in his profession were “too friendly” to Mr. Obama, and “drank the Kool-aid.” In his next breath, the putz claimed that he was “very tough” on Obama. No word if Mr. Tapper also thinks Harry Potter is, like, a real person.
- Tired of winning yet? Part I: The Labor Department reports that continuing jobless claims fell below the 2 million mark in April for just the second time since 2017, a 17 year low. Democrats and fake journalists across the country hate this news with a passion, trust me.
- Tired of winning yet? Part II: The American Action Forum reports that the actions taken by President Donald Trump to rescind Obama-era regulations in just his first 85 days in office have already saved the American people more than $86 billion, a pace of more than a billion dollars every day. Elections matter.
- God Bless Texas.: Today is San Jacinto Day, the 181st anniversary of the 18-minute battle that won Texas’s independence from Mexico. If you’re a Texan, take a minute out of your day to remember the brave individuals whose actions led to all that this great state gives you today. If you’re an American, you should also take a moment to reflect on these events, because the Battle of San Jacinto was not just a great day for Texas, it was a great day for America as well.
Just another day in God Blessed America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: BusinessInsider.com
- And don’t even get them started about Belle…: Social Justice Warriors all across the interwebs tossed a fit over the weekend about the trailer for the new Wonder Woman flick. Their latest source of perpetual outrage derives from the ghastly fact that Wonder Woman – gasp! – has no armpit hair! Oh, the humanity! I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Note to self: Time to start using Trivago…: Based on no merit whatsoever, Expedia announced late last week that the newest member of its Board of Directors is…wait for it…wait for it…Chelsea Clinton! The company’s management gave no justification for this appointment – which will net the talent-less younger Clinton $45k in cash and $250k in stock each year – other than presumably Chelsea’s famous last name. For the uninitiated, corporations normally seek out professionals who have demonstrated expertise in the business world for seats on their Boards, because the role of the directors is to ensure the company’s management isn’t making god-awful decisions, like naming Chelsea Clinton to sit on the board of directors.
- Progressive “logic” at work: The fake news outlet The Hill published a fake op/ed by fake opinionists Lisa Graves and Arn Pearson titled, “Trump may not last a year, his Supreme Court shouldn’t last generations.” The main thesis of the piece is that Barack Obama had higher poll ratings when he nominated Merrick Garland to fill the Supreme Court’s vacant seat than Donald Trump enjoys today; thus, Neil Gorsuch should not be confirmed. I’m not kidding -read the piece here.
- Ok, all you progressive suckers get your wallets out, ’cause Mama needs money!: The Most Corrupt Woman In America announced on Saturday that she is “ready to come out of the woods” in order to “help bring people together.” This is Clinton code speak for “our fake foundation has fallen apart now that we don’t have any influence to sell, so I’ve got to find a new racket, and I can’t do that sitting in my living room in Chappaqua.”
- And speaking of suckers…: …how about all those saps who worked so hard for Bernie Sanders’ campaign last year, under the thought that he was an advocate for “the little guy”? Since making a deal with The Most Corrupt Woman to cancel his presidential campaign, Bernie has cashed in admirably. Over the weekend, he closed on a nice $600k beach house – which the fake news media uniformly referred to as “modest” – which means he now owns no fewer than three homes, something that only a handful of his Bolshevik heroes managed to achieve.
- He also has pro-Constitution leanings, which are totally disqualifying.: Circa News reports that Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee “plan to grill” Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch “on his pro-corporate leanings” when his confirmation hearing begins this morning. The Democrats’ (as is always the case) faulty reasoning is that “He expresses a lot of empathy and sympathy for the less powerful, but when it comes time to rule, when the chips are down, far too often he sides with the powerful few,” according to Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer. See, in the mind of the perpetually aggrieved Democrats, the job of a federal judge is not to interpret the law based on the text of statutes and the Constitution, it is to issue rulings base on the relative needs of the plaintiff vs. the defendant. Which explains why an Obama-appointed federal judge in Hawaii issued a stay on President Trump’s travel ban based not on the law, but on the judge’s concern that someone might have their feelings hurt. This is American liberalism in a nutshell.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
– Tired of winning yet? Here is what fake NY Times columnist Paul Krugman – who the Times loves to bill as a “Nobel Prize-winning economist” – had to say about the victory of Donald J. Trump on Election Night: “If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.” Yesterday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average shot up 303 points to close over 21,000 for the first time ever. Obviously, Mr. Krugman’s Nobel Prize was exactly as well-deserved as the one given to Barack Obama for no good reason whatsoever in 2009.
– But not everyone is winning in Trump’s America. Bloomberg reports that Mexican Billionaire Carlos Slim – who famously overpaid for a 17% stake in the dying New York Times a few years back – has seen his net worth plummet from $68 billion to $51 billion since Election Day. D’oh!
– In today’s latest episode of Democrats eating their own, the far-far-far-leftwing of the Democratic Party – as opposed to the more moderate far-far-leftwing of the Party – is now out recruiting far-far-far-left candidates to oppose the 10 incumbent far-far-leftwingers who hold Senate seats in states that President Trump won in the 2016 election. It seems that being far-far-leftwing and voting only 98% of the time with the likes of Bernie Sanders just is not far-far-far-leftwing enough for the true radicals who actually fund the Democratic Party these days. This is of course great news for Republicans since it demonstrates conclusively that the people who run the Democratic Party have learned absolutely nothing at all from the utter devastation the Party has incurred at the polls over the last decade. Cool.
– “We fundamentally reject the assumption that Democrats can only win in red states by pandering to racists and big bankers,” said Claire Sandberg, a co-founder of the progressive political action committee We Will Replace You. “The way we beat Trumpism and take back Congress and statehouses is offering a coherent vision of our own to put people back to work. … We don’t need to completely compromise our own values and principles.” To be clear, the next time Ms. Sandberg or any of her compatriots offers any sort of “coherent vision” about how to put people back to work will be the day Hell officially freezes over.
– Bowdoin psychology professor Zachary Rothschild and University of Southern Mississippi psychology professor Lucas A. Keefer have produced a new study in which they assert the following: “When people publicly rage about perceived injustices that don’t affect them personally, we tend to assume this expression is rooted in altruism—a “disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.” But… professing such third-party concern—what social scientists refer to as “moral outrage”—is often a function of self-interest, wielded to assuage feelings of personal culpability for societal harms or reinforce (to the self and others) one’s own status as a Very Good Person.”
Friends, I give you today’s American Progressive Facebook-posting nutjob.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.