Some thoughts about the events of the past week:
- The ongoing demonization of House Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes by the fake news media and Democrat Party is classic Saul Alinsky tactics (Rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.). They see someone getting to the heart of a scandal that will ultimately cause great harm to the leftist cause, and so they demonize the messenger. There is absolutely nothing wrong in any action Nunes has taken in getting accurate, truthful information out regarding the Obama Administration’s blatant surveillance of the Trump campaign and transition team, and the illegal unmasking of General Mike Flynn and several others that resulted from that activity. Thus, having no way to refute the information Nunes has revealed, the fake media and Democrats focus on the messenger and the process in an effort to convince the public that that is the “real” issue at hand. It isn’t.
- Nunes must not resign or be removed from his chairmanship. If either happens, the fake media/Democrat strategy wins, and it will continued to be deployed against others so long as it is effective. We can likely trust Nunes to stand firm; but, can we trust Speaker Paul Ryan to do the same? That’s a perilous question.
- On the Senate side, watch Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley and his efforts to get our bi-polar FBI Director, James Comey, to release information regarding a Feb. 28 WaPo story that alleged that the FBI actually was paying the British intelligence agent who concocted the false “dossier” about then-candidate Donald Trump. Grassley issued a letter demanding information on the matter on March 6, which has been stone-walled by the FBI. So he issued a second letter this past week. The Senate hearings on this matter – which if true, should result in the removal of Comey and anyone else who was involved in constructing that false dossier – will be fascinating. Naturally, the fake news media has held a virtual blackout on reporting on this story. But they can’t ignore it forever.
- As well, the Evelyn Farkas matter is key. She went on record admitting that the Obama Administration did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and transition, and shared classified intelligence far and wide. Her denial this past week was weak and a transparent effort to do damage control. If she is not called by the House and Senate Intel Committees to testify under oath, then people should demand to know why.
- Also, pay attention to this story: Fox New’s Adam Housley reported on Saturday that he has spoken with multiple sources inside U.S. intelligence agencies who confirm that the Obama spying on Trump began “before Trump was the GOP nominee,” and that “The person who did the unmasking is “very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI.” John Brennan and James Clapper come immediately to mind as the prime candidates here.
The bottom line is this: The real story in all of this is that, for the better part of a year, we had a sitting presidential administration spying on the campaign of the other party’s candidate, all while the sitting President was actively out campaigning for his own party’s candidate. That is an abuse of power so extraordinary and stunning that it makes Richard Nixon look like a 4th grader playing tiddly winks. If the proof of this is ultimately made fully public, many Obama officials and probably media personalities will go to prison for a long time.
Congressional Democrats and those in the intel community who were involved know that that is the real story, and are continuing to pound on the fantasy “Trump/Russia” collusion nonsense, along with the “process” deflection about Devin Nunes as their means of deflecting media and public attention from the real story. Naturally, the fake news media goes along with the deflection in keeping with its willing role as the publicity arm of the Democratic Party.
Everything the Democrats and fake news media are doing here is classic Saul Alinsky 101. If they are able to prevail and prevent the truth from seeing the light of day, our country is well and truly doomed.
That is all.
- Yes, if by “core values” you mean no values at all.: Student snowflakes at swanky Swarthmore College who recently staged an anti-fossil fuel sit-in are upset that they are actually being punished for impinging on the rights of fellow students and administrators to get their business done. Several of the sensitive children were issued citations by the university this week, with “punishments” ranging from simple warnings to – gasp! – probation. The children have responded predictably for a bunch of entitled nitwits, claiming that the school’s actions represent a violation of Swarthmore’s “core values.” I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Note to fake news media: A pig that has lost a whisker remains a pig.: A fake journalist named Lissie Lapowsky published a piece at Wired in which she whines that President Donald Trump is “gutting the federal budget.” For the record, the Trump budget proposal would reduce discretionary federal spending by a not-so-whopping 1.2 percent. Obviously, the fake editors at Wired agree with their fake writer that 1.2 percent, a percentage that could easily be saved by a simple hiring freeze, amounts to “gutting.” But the fake media is not biased, oh, no. Perish the thought.
- Fake reporter Jeremy Diamond ran a report at CNN with this headline: “Trump Moves Agenda Forward Even As Russia Controversy Swirls.” Mr. Diamond is obviously astonished that the President is not hunkered down in a corner sucking his thumb as the fake media continues to focus on a fake “controversy” about which a) no one, not one single person has presented a single piece of evidence of the “controversy’s” existence, and b) every former Obama official who has testified before congress admits they have seen no evidence of the “controversy’s” existence. But because the fake media insists on reporting all Russia, all the time, the fake reporters at CNN expect the President to stop all work. Folks, it really has come to the point that, if you spend a moment watching CNN, you are committing an unpatriotic act. Seriously.
Just another week in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
- This makes them different from the Democrats….how, again?: With the Democrats threatening to shut down the federal government over the pending expiration of the current continuing resolution (CR), Republican “leaders” in both the House and Senate have already conceded that they will continue to fund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, and will deny President Trump’s request for funding for the border wall. I’m sorry, but didn’t we just have an election about every one of those funding priorities last November, and didn’t the voters indicate they prefer to reverse all three of those decisions by the pathetic GOP congressional leadership? What am I missing here?
- Let’s just rename it The Federal Bureau of Non-Disclosure.: You would have had to search long and hard to find it due to the mainstream fake media blackout on anything not harmful to President Trump, but the Weekly Standard reports that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes pointed out yet again that the FBI is still stonewalling his Committee’s requests for information related to its investigation of the Democrats’ Trump/Russia fantasy. In response to Nunes’s statement, the FBI sent a spokesman out to say “We’re cooperating”, and then presumably went back to stonewalling the Committee.
- But was her son, Scut, involved? What about his toady, Grover Dill?: Speaking of stories you can’t find, a former Obama official named Evelyn Farkas told Mika Brzezenzski (or however you spell that name) on MSNBC early in March that she and many other Obama officials had indeed participated in an organized effort to circulate raw surveillance intelligence involving members of the Trump Transition Team, and had gladly shared the intel with members of the fake news media, unmasking some American citizens in the process. She told this all to MSNBC gladly, and in a manner that made it obvious she is in fact proud of her actions. She apparently did not understand that, in the process of that interview, she was potentially admitting to the commission of multiple felonies by herself, other Obama officials and members of the fake news media. Thus, the fake news media has been jointly sitting on this story hoping it would just fade away. Trouble is, the story has been getting a ton of attention in the realm of talk radio this week, so suddenly Ms. Farkas felt the need to go back on cable TV on Thursday to deny everything she had told Mika. And her friends in the fake news media will nod their heads and move on. Nothing to see here, all is well.
- Editor: you really think the public will buy that cock and bull story? Reporter: Well, sure, er, the Democrats will, at least.: Rather than report on the admissions of Ms. Farkas, the fake (literally fake, since it is no longer in print) magazine Newsweek ran with a “blockbuster” story about how our suddenly intrepid (now that he’s bashing a Republican) bi-polar FBI Director James Comey really, truly, no kidding was begging to run to the NY Times late last summer with an op-ed in which he would reveal the Russian efforts to “rig” the elections. And guess who stopped him? Why, our hero, Barack Obama, of course! Also of course, this Newsweek “blockbuster” is based solely on the word of not one, but two (!) source…who naturally remain unidentified. *sigh* #Fakenews at its finest.
- A story you can easily find this morning is the Wall Street Journal’s report that General Mike Flynn has offered to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity. Upon hearing of this offer by Gen. Flynn, talking heads all over the fake news media exploded, and immediately jumped to the conclusion they have jumped to 1,000 times before over the last 21 months, which is that “this is finally it” for President Trump. Trouble is, if you read the whole WSJ story, you find this statement from Gen. Flynn’s lawer:Mr. Kelner, Mr. Flynn’s attorney, decried the “unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason” and other charges by lawmakers and media commentators.“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,” he said.That doesn’t sound much like someone who’s getting read to toss the POTUS under the bus. It sounds a lot like someone who saw the shameful travesty that happened with Scooter Libby during the last Republican presidential administration, and who wants to avoid the same fate.
But hey, it’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome, all the time in the fake news media.
That is all.
- Remember, if a Democrat is guilty of some wrong-doing, the first thing he does is accuse a Republican of the same behavior: Guests at a swanky New York restaurant reported that Chuck Schumer chased a couple of diners there from the establishment Sunday evening, because they voted for Donald Trump. Several guests heard Schumer questioning how they could do that, because “he’s a liar!” Schumer’s belief about the President’s honesty may be heartfelt, at least to the extent he actually possesses a heart, but that did not prevent him from enjoying the free drinks and hors d’ouvres at the East Room of the White House at a reception just 24 hours later.
- That’s true, Mr. President, but you’re not supposed to say it.: Upon finding out about Schumer’s restaurant outburst, President Trump called Schumer the Democratic Party’s “Head Clown.” Upon learning of the President’s retort, California Rep. Maxine Waters felt highly insulted.
- Remember, if Democrats see a Republican member of congress performing effectively, the first thing they do is demonize him.: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes continues to be the target of a focused demonization campaign by the Democrats and their agents in the fake news media, to the point now where Democrats on the committee are now refusing to participate in hearings, and even to read the intelligence they have been provided which demonstrates that the Trump Transition Team was indeed under surveillance by the Obama Administration. Saul Alinsky would be proud.
- The target has moved.: Everyone should note that the Democrats’ demand on the Trump/Russia fantasy has now shifted from “we want a special prosecutor” to “we want a special Commission“. This shift took place after Jeff Sessions was confirmed to become Attorney General and began filling key roles there with people who aren’t loyal to Barack Obama. Their fear of a special prosecutor is that Sessions would appoint someone who is not a creature of the DC establishment, and thus might conduct an honest inquiry into the matter. With a special Commission, however, the Democrats know that they and establishment Republicans will be able to pack such a thing with their establishment cronies who, as we saw with the 9/11 Commission, will be perfectly happy to produce a fake report on the matter. Remember, the goal is here is not just to de-legitimize President Trump, it is to ultimately impeach him. The Establishment can’t do that unless it has “proof” of the Trump/Russia fantasy, even if the “proof” is fake.
- Now, that’s what I call breaking a drought!: But hey, there’s good news out there, too. The Mirror reports that Mexico has invented a cloud that rains tequila! No word if the Mexican government plans to park this party cloud over construction crews in order to slow construction of President Trump’s border wall, but they should.
Just another day in Saul Alinsky America, and Jose Cuervo Mexico.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Mirror.com
- Great idea – where do we go to pitch in?: Don’t look now (ok, go ahead and look), but Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks, who led the whole “Brexit” effort to a successful conclusion, have now turned their attention to support for the “Calexit” effort. Well, except that it’s not really the “Calexit” effort we’ve been hearing about – you know, the one that would blessedly remove the entire state of California from the United States of America. No, the effort for which Farage and Banks have successfully raised about a million bucks is a plan that would split the Golden State down the middle from north to south, leaving an inevitably Democrat-dominated state on the coast, and an inland state in which Republicans would most likely dominate. While not as pleasing as the real “Calexit”, the Farage/Banks plan (CalSplitzit?) would have the happy effect of diluting California’s impact in presidential politics, and likely add two more Republicans to the Senate. However, the one big drawback is that the CalSplitzit plan would relegate Napa Valley and its fabulous wines to the tyranny of the Marxist state into which West California would inevitably devolve. Still, any outcome that dilutes the influence of West coast lefties is a good plan for America. Sign me up!
- Hey, ABC keeps out-faking us – whadda we gonna do?: Management at NBC/MSNBC obviously became worried their news was just not fake enough last week, so they decided to hire former Obama White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest as a new political contributor. Thus Mr. Earnest follows in the #FakeNews footsteps of George Stephanopoulous, who pretends to be a news anchor on rival ABC. Who can doubt that Mr. Earnest will be pretending to host his own fake news program in the very near future?
- The Dumbest Thing You Will Read This Week. Promise.: Speaking of fake journalists, fake reporter Norm Ornstein has a new piece in The Atlantic in which he proposes that all these allegations – for which we still have yet to see a single, solitary bit of real evidence – that the Russians and Trump campaign coordinated during the past election mean that we simply must change the rules for presidential succession. This piece is so breathtakingly devoid of solid reasoning or journalistic ethics that it simply must be read to be believed, so follow the link above if you dare.
- Can highway funds be far behind?: Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Monday that sanctuary cities will soon be cut off from receiving any and all of their current funding from the Justice Department. This is what is commonly known as “a good start.”
- If you have another explanation, please let me know.: The New York Post reported over the weekend that Hillary Clinton’s long-time companion Huma Abedin is supposedly going to give her pervert husband, Anthony Weiner, another chance to make their “marriage” work. Weiner is currently under investigation for having inappropriate relations with a minor, among many other things, and Huma reportedly remains in potential legal jeopardy due to her long association with The Most Corrupt Woman in America. In case you haven’t figured it out already, the obvious reason for these two habitual offenders to remain married is so that they can preserve the right to claim “spousal immunity” in each other’s eventual prosecutions. Not exactly brain surgery.
- She blames the Russians.: In other news, a woman was arrested for the second time since Election Day for attempting to jump the fence at the White House. Can somebody please get Hillary Clinton under control?
Just another day in CalSplitzit America.
That is all.
...how else to explain this announcement from Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee:
“I am not inclined to filibuster, even though I’m not inclined to vote for him,” Leahy said.
And please spare me any crap about Leahy’s respect for Senate tradition, his spirit of bi-partisanship, or any other nonsense like that. Leahy’s as partisan as partisan gets. This guy helped plan and execute the “high-tech lynching” of Clarence Thomas, for God’s sake.
For the last quarter of a century, everything – literally every action, utterance and even thought – the Democrats have done in Washington, DC has been based on nothing more than polling and focus group data. Period.
So if Pat Leahy is going wobbly on filibustering John Gorsuch, it’s a 100% certainty that is because the Party has received some bad polling or focus group information about taking that action. Which is not surprising, given the incredibly calm and reasoned performance Gorsuch put forward during his confirmation hearings. Filibustering Gorsuch is like filibustering the Easter Bunny.
That statement by Leahy is significant, and it was floated today intentionally. Expect more to follow.
- The Senator From the News Media is quickly becoming the Senator From the EU: Cranky old John McCain went off on President Donald Trump overseas again, this time at The Brussels Conference, attended by most of the leadership of the European Union and NATO. The Senator criticized the President on foreign soil for his insistence that EU nations actually begin paying their fair share of their own defense, for which the United States taxpayers have footed the lion’s share of the bill since the end of WWII. He also whined that he hasn’t been invited to meet with President Trump since he became President. Gee, wonder why?
- Yeah, uh-huh, sure, you betcha, Joe. Now, have some Metamucil.: Joe Biden told an audience on Sunday that he “probably could’ve won” last year’s election against Donald Trump. In saying that, he joins 17 failed Republicans and one massively failed Most Corrupt Woman in America. It’s a big and growing crowd.
- Another pro-Trump rally, another clash with masked thugs.: This is becoming a weekly occurrence. A bunch of pro-Trump people get together to show their support for the President; they are then set upon by a bunch of violent thugs wielding pepper spray; and the fake news media then feigns shock that such a thing could happen, even though this is exactly the sort of behavior among leftwing idiots that its own coverage of Donald Trump sanctions each and every day. This past weekend it happened in Huntington Beach, CA; next week, it will happen somewhere else. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
- Back when America’s leftwingers knew how to conduct a peaceful demonstration: Althouse.com reminsces on its blog about the fact that 10,000 Americans congregated in Central Park on March 26, 1967 to celebrate a “Human Be-in.” The Grateful Dead played, and Timothy Leary distributed vast quantities of LSD. No one shot anyone else with pepper spray. CNN didn’t exist. Coincidence?
- Wait, what? Who, me? No way! It was that other guy!: And the blame falls to the Freedom Caucus, as it should. That group of GOP doctrinaire conservatives were the consensus choice on the Sunday morning talk shows for who should bear most of the blame for the death of the Republican “repeal and replace” bill. Practically the lone dissenter on this view was Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, who is the leader of that group of my-way-or-the-highway by-God conservatives. Even though everyone in Washington knew the Freedom Caucus had the killing of this bill as its one and only goal in this process, Rep. Jordan was mysteriously reticent to take credit for his victory. Maybe that happened when he woke up Sunday morning with the realization that he gets to take credit for saving federal funding for Planned Parenthood in the 2018 mid-term elections. That should be fun.
Just another day in blame-deflecting America.
That is all.
- Hard starboard! No, make that port! No, starboard! No, wait…: That crashing sound you heard around 2:30 CT Friday was the GOP’s chances of holding both houses of congress in 2018 running upon the shoals of Obamacare. Unlike the Democrats in Congress, Republicans have always had a very hard time goose-stepping in lockstep on any piece of legislation – unless it is simply a repeal bill they know will fail in the senate – and the party’s pitiful congressional leadership couldn’t hold the caucus together. Thus, as is so often the case with a Republican congress, it proves yet again incapable of governing the country in a positive manner. Some things never change.
- Actually doing stuff is risky, so…: The Senate is no better. Presented this year with a grand opportunity to make use of the Congressional Review Act to rescind a raft of horrible last-minute Obama regulatory actions, the House has actually acted on more than a dozen items. But the Senate, using the excuse of the confirmation process, has only managed to act on a handful. With the timetable governing use of the CRA set to run out in late May, and the congressional schedule littered with days off and a two-week vacation between now and then, the GOP senate is going to end up leaving millions of disappointed constituents in the wake of its failure to act. Again, some things never change.
- I got this Tweedle-dee here, or this Tweedle-dum – take your pick.: In the end, American voters are left with a choice between one ruling class party (the Democrats) that actively hates the majority of the country, and a second ruling class party (the Republicans) that at least pretends to love the country but cannot summon the political courage needed to do anything positive to help it.
- Nothing says “ruling class” like an unearned two-week vacation.: As mentioned above, Congress will be taking the 2nd and 3rd week in April off. Many members of both parties will be holding public townhall meetings during those weeks. What are the Republicans going to say to their no-doubt hostile audiences about Obamacare? Remember, over the last 7 years, these people have said, “just give us a majority in the House, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the House, and failed. Then they said, “just give us a majority in the Senate, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the Senate, and failed. Then they said, “just give us the presidency, and we’ll repeal Obamacare.” They got the Presidency, and even holding every lever of power in the nation’s capitol, they still failed to do a damn thing.
- Paul Ryan’s new book: The Seven Habits of Highly-Ineffective Speakers.: Here’s a thought: A Speaker who is a real leader would cancel this two-week vacation and hold the House in session until his party’s caucus produces a “repeal and replace” bill that it can pass. There is nothing sacrosanct about the published congressional schedule, and no reason why a congress that has thus far produced basically nothing of note in three months deserves two weeks off. Warning: holding your breath waiting for this to happen could be hazardous to your health.
- This better be good.: In other news, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has called bi-polar FBI Director James Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers back to testify before his committee next week in a closed session, so that the witnesses might actually answer dozens of questions that they claimed they could not answer in last Monday’s public hearing. Naturally, the ranking Democrat on the Committee, the bug-eyed Adam Schiff, virulently opposed this opportunity for the committee to have access to full information on the question of whether the Obama Administration spied on the Trump Transition Team and campaign. We should not be surprised if Schiff and his fellow Democrats boycott the hearing, or pull some other public stunt to distract attention away from the real legal issue at play in this matter.
Just another week in the un-drained swamp of Washington DC.
That is all.
Photo credit: CNN.com
Some actual serious commentary on this serious Friday morning:
- It’s seeming increasingly likely that House Speaker Paul Ryan is indeed working to sabotage the effort to repeal and replace Obamacare, as has long been rumored. Absent that motivation, it’s hard to explain why any Speaker would call a vote for what is supposed to be one of his two top priorities for the session before he knows he has the votes in-hand. But that’s exactly what the Speaker did yesterday, only to cancel the scheduled vote late in the afternoon when it became obvious the votes weren’t there. A very smart lawyer once told me that you don’t ask a question unless you know what the answer is going to be. Ryan’s not a lawyer, but, dayum that was a stupid move.
- The punishment for everyone else in the House is that they have to stay over in Washington DC through Friday and actually work a full week for once. That’s always upsetting to our ruling class legislators, who are accustomed to flying out to DC on Monday mornings and flying out of DC on Thursday afternoons, for what normally amounts to the equivalent of a 3 day work week. Whether the hardship of an extra day of work will change any recalcitrant minds on this vote remains to be seen. But the Speaker and President Trump are demanding a vote today, so we will find out very soon.
- The alternative to acting on this legislation is to allow Obamacare to completely implode, which it is in the process of doing, exploding the federal debt even further in the process. Republicans in DC worry that that will mean big losses for them at the polling places in November 2018. Ordinary Americans should worry about what that means for those among us who desperately need their medical insurance due to ongoing significant health issues. If Republicans fail to fix the current atrocity of a system after seven years of rank demagoguery on the issue, then they will deserve what the get in the mid-term elections.
- James Rosen of Fox News, one of the few remaining actual working journalists in the nation’s capitol, reported late yesterday that the National Security Agency – which, unlike the FBI, has been cooperating with the House Intelligence Committee’s investigations – is going to provide members of that committee with “smoking gun” evidence that Barack Obama’s evil minions did indeed spy upon the Trump Transition Team, illegally un-mask American citizens in that process, and illegally share the intel collected within the Obama Administration and outside of it. According to Rosen, that information will be shared with committee members as early as today. Rosen also reports that ranking Democrat on the committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, has already been briefed on the intel yesterday, which may explain why he quit making his prior wild allegations to any fake reporter he could find yesterday.
- If Mr. Rosen’s reporting is correct – and his track record is very good – it might explain why then-President Obama issued an order in early January which dramatically increased the number of people in his administration who could legally share this kind of confidential intel information involving American citizens. The cynic in me thinks that he and his evil minions probably woke up one morning realizing this stuff had been illegally viewed by several people, and decided to make that change in order to provide some legal cover for them. Where the Obama people are concerned, the cynic in me has, if anything, consistently underestimated their capacity for mendacity over the last 9 years.
- Also, if Mr. Rosen’s reporting is correct, we’re going to have months of high-profile prosecutions of members of the Obama Administration, which will cause the fake news media to become even more virulent and insane than it has already been. These people have their entire senses of self-worth vested in the virtual canonization of Mr. Obama and his evil minions, and they will relentlessly demonize anyone who goes after them, regardless of the evidence at hand.
- If Mr. Rosen’s reporting is not correct, and there is no “smoking gun” to support the claims made Wednesday by Rep. Devin Nunes, then his days at chairman of the House Intelligence Committee are probably numbered, and they should be.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced yesterday that his caucus will indeed filibuster the nomination of Judge John Gorsuch to fill the vacant seat on the Supreme Court. This is an idiotic decision since Mr. Gorsuch handled himself so ably during his hearings, but senate Democrats are now so beholden to the radical, rage-filled leftists who fund their campaigns that they really have little choice. So they’ll gladly walk this plank to keep that campaign money flowing in.
- But wait – Mitch McConnell could bail them out! Later in the day, Schumer made it known that he was offering a compromise to the Senate Majority Leader: The Ds would allow Gorsuch’s nomination to be confirmed if McConnell promises not to do away with the filibuster on any future Supreme Court nominations by President Trump. If Sen. McConnell falls for this deal, then the Republican Party will be revealed as being well and truly worthless to millions of ordinary Americans who voted them into office in the last three election cycles, and gave them their current majority in the Senate.
Just another day in do-nothing Congress America.
That is all.