- Democrats are celebrating this morning – their wet dream has arrived: a special counsel appointed by the Justice Department, a career-long creature of the DC swamp, with no limits on what he can investigate, with an unlimited time frame during which to conduct his investigation, and with a pretty much unlimited budget for his investigation. This is what they’ve wanted since Election Day, and thanks to the decision by Attorney General Jeff Sessions to stupidly recuse himself from anything related to the Russia investigation, Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein gave it to them yesterday in the form of former FBI Director Robert Mueller.
- Every time one of these atrocities of federal law has been established, the fake news media immediately trots out testimonials about the man’s (they’re always old, white men – you would think all the social justice warriors would object to that part of the scam at some point) impeccable credentials and character. He will then make a statement – which will surely come today – about how he is going to be laser-focused on the supposed topic of his investigation, and he will make damn sure the investigation is conducted efficiently and won’t turn into some sort of witch hunt that ends in some sort of kangaroo court that throws people like Scooter Libby in prison for a made-up crime just so the special counsel can claim a scalp.
- After making that pledge – which again, Mr. Mueller will certainly make later today or no later than tomorrow – the special counsels of the past have then embarked on a long, unlimited witch hunt that has always ended up in a kangaroo court climax accusing and prosecuting individuals for “crimes”, real or imagined, that were usually not remotely the subject of the investigation to begin with.
- Regardless of his own personal character, intentions and qualifications, Mr. Mueller’s investigation will inevitably be taken in this traditional direction and end in this traditional outcome, because he is little more than a figurehead, the “upright man”, the public face of a process that will soon be staffed and run by a group of young, ambitious lawyers who will make it their goal to collect as many scalps as they can in order to make names for themselves, so that they too can become fabulously wealthy, career-long creatures of the DC swamp.
- And if you think the Trump Administration leaks like that 35 year-old sieve you got as a wedding gift in 1981, just wait until you see the magnitude of leaks that will soon begin flowing from Mr. Mueller’s staff. Again, it’s the Democrats’ wet dream, not to mention the WaPo and the fake NYTimes.
- But hey, you’re sitting there thinking, the positive side of this is that all those congressional investigations will now be shut down and congress might actually get some real business done, right? Wrong. Leaders of both the House and Senate Judiciary Committees and the House Oversight Committee have already announced that the appointment of Mr. Mueller will not in any way affect their own efforts to provide the Democrats in congress with a daily array of talking points and classified material to leak to the press. Republicans are too stupid to do anything else. Silly you for thinking otherwise.
- Mr. Mueller is no doubt a fine man – the obligatory testimonials to that effect are already rolling in, and there is no reason to doubt them. As well, he has been a fine public servant, as his leadership of the FBI during the George W. Bush administration by and large attests. But we heard the very same sorts of testimonials and saw similar records of public service in the past about Ken Starr, Lawrence Walsh, Patrick Fitzgerald and every other old white guy who has served as a special counsel over the last half century.
- But every one of the special counsel investigations of the past have followed the exact same pattern of promised quick efficiency and laser-like focus on a narrow investigation, to inexorable and dramatic expansion, to outright years-long witch hunt, to a kangaroo court conclusion. Why? Because that’s how this process was designed to work by the creatures of the DC establishment who wrote the governing statute. It would be better named the DC Swamp Preservation Act.
- So get ready for a witch hunt followed several years from now by a kangaroo court that sends people to prison for “crimes” completely unrelated to the ostensible subject of Mr. Mueller’s investigation. The hope of the Democrats is that Mr. Mueller finds away to still be “investigating” on Election Day 2020, and the odds are very much in favor of that being the case.
Just another day in here-we-go-again, special counsel America.
That is all.
- The latest fake shoe to drop.: The NY Times took fake journalism to new lows Tuesday evening, running a report claiming President Trump kind of, sort of, not-really-but-we’ll-pretend-like-he-did-so-we-can-get-more-clicks-on-our-website “asked” James Comey back in February if he “could see his way clear” to let the investigation of Mike Flynn go. The Times ran this incredibly inflammatory story based solely on the word of an anonymous “source” who alleged Comey wrote a contemporaneous memo at the time of this request. Not that the Times has actually seen this memo – oh, no, waiting to see the memo before running with such a story would be an act of actual journalism, so the Times could never do that – rather, the Times ran with this story after this anonymous source read part of the memo to one of its fake reporters. #Fakenews, defined.
- Not exactly profiles in courage, but it works.: This latest episode of the deep state coordinating its efforts with the fake news media and the Democrat Party provides another great example of the different ways politicians in the two parties respond in such situations. Within moments of the Times report – because they had all certainly been given an advance notice by the Times – every Democrat in Washington was seeking out microphones so they could recite the same inflammatory talking points and slanders against the President. This is what Democrats always do – they hang together and take political advantage.
- The Times said what? Ooops, time for dinner.: The Republicans, meanwhile, were completely disorganized and confused, as they usually are. Most of them simply slunk off to their $300 dinners or whatever fundraiser they had planned and avoided comment. Fox News Anchor Brett Baier spent a solid hour on his nightly news cast searching in vain for a GOP member of congress who would come onto his program to discuss the matter. He found no one.
- The party that hangs together doesn’t get hanged.: This willingness of Democrats to hang together in a crisis, and rank disloyalty by Republicans in the same situations is why Barack Obama could be caught abusing the IRS, corrupting the Justice Department and loading up a plane with $400 million in foreign currency for the Iranian Mullahs and never have to pay any price whatsoever for abusing his office. Meanwhile, a Republican President expresses a “hope” to a subordinate, and suddenly it’s the end of the world. Of course, it helps that the Democrats have 98% of the news media willing to coordinate with them, but that doesn’t excuse the stupidity of the GOP.
- In actual news that you won’t see in the NYTimes, an investigator into the mysterious death last July of senior DNC staffer Seth Rich announced that he can prove that Rich sent more than 44,000 DNC emails WikiLeaks. This confirms what WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had already basically admitted, which is that Mr. Rich – not Russia – was his source for the damaging DNC emails that were released just prior to last year’s Democrat National Convention. You can bet the fake news media will avoid this story like a new strain of swine flu since it basically destroys their entire Trump/Russia collusion fantasy.
- He plans to cuss them into submission.: Speaking of the DNC, its serial cussing Chairman, Tom Perez, announced he is going to hold several meetings with pro-life Democrats in an effort to mend fences with them. This comes in the wake of his statements several weeks ago that anyone who respects the life of unborn children has no place in his political party. Which is true, but he now wants to pretend that it isn’t, because the Democrats need all the votes they can get. No word if he plans to cuss at these people while he’s trying to make nice with them, but doing so would certainly be in keeping with his (lack of) character.
- She hated dark money until her scam foundation failed. Then she needed a new scam.: Meanwhile, that famous critic of “dark money” in politics – The Most Corrupt Woman In America – announced she is forming her own 501(c)(4) political action organization that will be funded entirely by “dark money”. As is always the case with the Clintons, if they are demonizing some behavior you can be sure they are deeply involved in that behavior.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Today’s Fake News From The Deep State: The Washington Post filed a fake report based on nothing but anonymous sources claiming that President Trump revealed classified information about ISIS during his recent meeting with senior Russian officials. Here’s the problem with this report: The fake news media wants us all to believe this report, but we can’t trust our fake news media to tell us the truth about anything relating to President Trump, since the fake media has been revealed a multitude of times issuing fake reports about him. The WaPo is among the worst offenders in this regard.
- The really disturbing aspect of this report – which is offered without any real evidence and has been denied by multiple people who were actually in the room at the time – is that there are so many people in the fake news media, in the Democrat Party and in the U.S. intel community who are dead set on leading our country into a shooting war with Russia. That’s what the whole “Trump colluded with Russia” fantasy play is all about, it’s what this WaPo story is all about, and it’s what the Democrat Party’s entire strategy towards this Administration appears to be all about: They are attempting to make it literally impossible for a U.S. President to establish anything resembling positive relations with the world’s third largest military power. A real journalist would be doing his or her best to try to figure out why that is the case. Unfortunately, there are only about three real journalists working in the fake national news media these days, so no one should be holding their breath waiting for this to happen.
- Cancel the Press Briefings, now.: this report is just one more reason why the President should cancel the daily White House press briefings today, because today’s farce will consist of nothing more than hostile fake reporters asking loaded, hostile questions about this fake report in the Washington Post. Why should the White House host an event that will only serve to give fake reporters a chance to continue harping on a fake narrative? Today would be a great day to stop this madness.
- Today’s News The Fake National Media Won’t Report: In real news, a private investigator hired by the family of the late DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was mysteriously murdered last July just as WikiLeaks was beginning to release damaging emails obtained from the DNC server, told a local DC TV station yesterday that he has obtained evidence from Rich’s computer that proves Rich was in touch with WikiLeaks prior to being killed. The DC Police, without any evidence to support it, have claimed Rich’s murder was a robbery gone bad, even though nothing was stolen from him. Rich’s family has believed since day one that their son’s murder was connected with his job at the DNC. All I know is, this investigator probably should hire a body guard of his own.
- Speaking of the DNC…: The Democrat National Committee is now the defendant in a class action suit filed by workers who staffed the DNC National Convention last year in Philadelphia. The reason for the suit? The DNC, which has in its platform a demand to raise the minimum wage nationally to $15/hour, only paid the workers $8/hour. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Heat Street reports that the U.S. Supreme Court, thanks to an utterly idiotic ruling by the idiot majority on the idiot 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, may soon have to decide if school children can be arrested for fake belching in class. Thank God this case didn’t come up in 1967, or I would have probably spent a lifetime in prison. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- The fake editors at the NY Times approved an op/ed piece by someone named Lee Siegel. It’s headline: “For Liberals, Is It Time To Move To Norway?” To which I can only respond, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. Go ruin Norway and leave us alone, please. Sadly, as we saw with all the unfulfilled promises by an array of b-list celebrities to desert America for greener pastures after Donald Trump won the election, liberals never actually follow through on threats such as this, so we’re probably stuck with them despite M. Siegel’s ruminations.
- Speculation continues in the fake news media that President Trump is considering shaking up his communications staff (as I suggested he needed to do last Friday), and cancel the White House daily press briefings (as I suggested he should do in January), causing the heads of fake journalists all over Washington to explode. Writing in the Washington Examiner, Becket Adams offers a very good rationale for why the latter should take place. See? It’s not just me.
- Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made the rounds of the Sunday morning talk shows, and had the following exchange in his predictably softball interview with fake CNN journalist Jake Tapper:
“In many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system. And I think as well our institutions are under assault internally,” Clapper said on CNN.
“Internally from the president?” Jake Tapper so helpfully asked.
“Exactly,” Clapper replied. “The Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three co-equal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though that’s under assault and is eroding.
So apparently, Mr. Clapper believes the three co-equal branches of government are 1) the President, 2) the FBI, and 3) the rest of the Deep State, which the President is attempting to clean up. He and I obviously didn’t have the same history teachers.
- Just to prove the Democrats have no intention of in any way altering their obstruction strategy on literally everything, Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer announced this morning that his Senate Democrats would filibuster any nominee – anyone who is nominated, period – unless the Justice Department appoints a special counsel to investigate the Democrats’ Russia fantasy. This presents Mitch McConnell a golden opportunity to rid the Republic of the filibuster for all presidential nominees, period, or to revert it back to the old pre-1977 rule, which required anyone wanting to mount a filibuster to actually get up and talk for as long as he or she wants to talk. The current fake filibuster rule, which allows any of the 100 preening peacocks who infest the U.S. Senate at any given time to simply raise his or her decrepit hand and halt the government’s business for an indeterminate amount of time, has become a tool for mendacity, and a menace to our society. It is long, long past time to get rid of the thing for good, though I would settle for a reversion back to the days when the word “filibuster” had actual meaning.
Just another weekend in fake filibuster America.
That is all.
- I’ve written this several times, but it deserves repeating today in light of President Trump’s telling Fox News Host Jeanine Pirro that he is considering cancelling the daily White House press briefings and instead taking and answering questions in writing, and holding periodic press conferences himself: The President of the United States has no obligation whatsoever to hold daily press briefings. He has no obligation whatsoever to legitimize specific media outlets, especially those that serve – as almost all major national media outlets serve today – as nothing more than propaganda arms for the opposition party.
- The President of the United States does have an obligation to inform the public about his administration’s priorities and activities. Typically in the past, this has been accomplished through interviews and open press availabilities with a press corps that for the most part used to take seriously its obligation to accurately inform the public.
- However, the Republic somehow managed to survive and thrive without the rubric of daily White House press briefings for more than 190 years, until Richard Nixon became the first POTUS to establish this model of communication. Those briefings have continued since, for better or for worse.
- Back in January, I wrote that this daily press briefing model would be a lousy model for this particular President to continue, and that he and his staff should seriously consider changing it up, implementing instead a model in which the press, since it has chosen to be nothing more than an arm of the Democrat Party, is dealt with in a more arm’s-length fashion, and in which the President communicates more directly with the American people. It now appears that President Trump is having thoughts along these very lines.
- That’s a positive thing, something he should follow through on implementing. Yes, the fake news media would wail and demonize him and scream like stuck pigs and do all of its “reporting” about the administration with stories based on nothing but unidentified leakers. In other words, the status quo would prevail. So what? The current process is not good for anyone, not the White House staff, not the President, not the fake news media, not the public. There has never been a situation more in need of radical change, something President Trump is good at.
- To do that, though, will take a shake-up in the President’s communications team, which I advocated in this space yesterday. Sean Spicer is a trooper – figuratively and literally, given his National Guard service – but he is not cut out for this particular role. He needs to be reassigned. Much of the rest of the communications team also needs to go, given the awful advice they have been giving the President.
- A new team needs to be brought in, a new model established. Let the fake journalists who coordinate daily narratives and talking points with the DNC scream about it all. It doesn’t matter. What are they going to do? Call you a fascist? Hell, that happens 50 times a day on CNN alone anyway. Doesn’t matter. Are they going to accuse of suppression of the press? Hell, that happens 50 times a day on MSNBC alone anyway.
- The press has uniformly abandoned its intended role in our society, the role of the independent watchdog of the public interest, in favor of becoming nothing more than talking points monkeys for the increasingly radicalized Democrat Party. It really is time for the Trump Administration to stop this Kabuki dance, and stop legitimizing people who have voluntarily de-legitimized themselves and their industry.
- Today would be a good day to begin the process.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Tired of winning yet? Part I.: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reported on Thursday that its recent sweeps have resulted in the rounding up of more than 1,300 members of Mexican drug and human trafficking gangs. The main talking point the Democrats and fake reporters in the fake news media were able to agree on was to focus on the fact that more than 800 of those arrested were U.S. citizens, as if anyone with functioning synapses in their cranial cavities gives a flying rat’s ass.
- Tired of winning yet? Part II.: The Labor Department reports that new unemployment claims for the most recent reporting period fell to their lowest level since 1988. 1988, of course, was the last time we had a President of the United States who was not an integral part of the Washington, D.C. establishment. Coincidence?
- But the current President is getting bad, bad advice, and needs to shake up his communications team.: During an interview with the sitting President of the United States on Thursday, NBC fake news anchor Lester Holt – the man with the highest forehead on the face of God’s green earth – chose to rudely interrupt Mr. Trump and repeat questions constantly in what was one of the most disrespectful interviews of any president in history. Unfortunately, President Trump chose to sit calmly through the badgering without pushing back, something he certainly would not have done during the campaign. This is an indication that he is taking advice from his establishment communications advisers, who are no doubt telling him that if he just plays nice with these fake journalists, they will eventually start playing nicer with him.
- This is exactly the wrong advice for this particular President to accept.: Donald Trump was elected largely because he refused to play nice with the fake news media, who have treated him as a political freak since the day he announced his candidacy. He was elected because he was singularly unafraid of the fake news media, and he gave bombastic press conferences like the one he gave so well back in February. That is the model of press engagement he should be following, not this model of trying to have calm, sit-down interviews with the preening, self-absorbed jack-asses who fake the nightly news.
- But the people he has around him are all scared to death of the fake news media.: They are all telling the President that if he doesn’t play nice with the Lester Holts of the world, why, he will get negative press. And that tells you that they simply have no clue why Mr. Trump won the election in the first place, which was largely because he gets nothing but negative press. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump is now making the same mistakes in this regard that every Republican president in modern times – with the exception of Ronald Reagan at times – has made, accepting advice from communications advisers that is designed to work for Democrats, not Republicans. It’s the only model these advisers know to teach, and it never works for Republican politicians.
- President Trump desperately needs to fire most of his communications team, or move them into other jobs, and bring in new people who understand him personally.: He needs to bring in people like Laura Ingraham, or Kimberly Guilfoyle of Fox News, both of whom have been rumored as potential senior communications advisers in the past, and both of whom clearly understand him as a person and as a political figure, and who would be loyal to the President. A big shake-up needs to happen, and it needs to happen soon.
- Here’s what he needed to do with Lester Holt yesterday.: About the third time Holt interrupted him, he should have simply told Holt that he could either quit interrupting and show proper respect for the office he holds, or the interview would be terminated. And then the next time Holt interrupted, he should have simply ended the interview. Why? Because instinctively, that’s what Donald Trump would do. And Donald Trump, not these pathetic advisers, is who the American people elected to serve as President. This is not rocket science.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.
- Tired of winning yet?: The Border Patrol reports that border crossings are down by 76% since the first of 2017. No wall, no new laws, no big increased budget, no deployment of new technology. Down 76% simply on the news that we have a president who will enforce the nation’s immigration laws. If you’ve wondered in the past when I’ve said on numerous occasions that former President Barack Hussein Obama used doing nothing as a strategic weapon, now you know part of what I mean when I say that. Where illegal immigration is concerned, he raised doing nothing to an art form.
- Can we go ahead and nominate him now?: Actor Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, told GQ Magazine that “it’s a very real possibility” that he will run for president in the future. Lots of observers recoiled in horror at the prospect, but my reaction is that I hope he’s telling the truth. Seriously, look around at the collection of radical nutjobs, career criminals and hopeless nitwits the Democrat Party otherwise has available to offer for the nation’s highest office, and you have to inevitably conclude that The Rock would be a gigantic upgrade.
- Here’s what I wonder about the Democrats and their fake journalist agents in the fake news media this morning: How are you going to sustain this outrage for eight years? Seriously, how are you going to do that and retain your physical health? Your emotional health, such as it is?
- No kidding, Donald Trump is most likely going to be a two-term President – he is well on his way to ensuring his re-election already. There is not going to be any impeachment, not over the firing of James Comey, or anything else. Impeachment is a very specific thing, a thing that requires the commission of “high crimes and misdemeanors” by the President, and there aren’t any such things present now, and won’t likely be any in the future. And honest to goodness, it really does not matter what nitwits like Maxine Waters say about it.
- You people are living in a fantasy world in which firing the Director of the FBI is, for whatever reason you wish to make up out of whole cloth – like he did it at the wrong time, or he didn’t deliver the message to Comey in the right way, or he did it for nefarious reasons – is an impeachable offense. Here’s news for you: You’re wrong about that, and James Comey agrees with me, not you. Indeed, Mr. Comey himself, in a farewell note to FBI employees yesterday, acknowledged that “a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all.” You folks can whine, or yell, or pull your hair out, or post nasty notes to me on social media all you want, but you’re wrong, and James Comey agrees with me, not you.
- Really and truly, you people need to get a grip on yourselves. I know you have all been systematically brainwashed by your heroes in the fake national news media to believe Donald Trump is somehow an illegitimate president, but he isn’t. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that the Trump campaign somehow conspired with the Russians to steal the election, but they didn’t. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that Donald Trump is a flaming moron who is destroying America, but he isn’t – he’s actually extremely intelligent and thinks way ahead of you and all the people who say that about him. I know you’ve been brainwashed to believe that only your thoughts and opinions matter in this society, and that people who don’t think exactly as you think are evil people who should be tossed on prison or executed, but that’s wrong, too.
- Honest to God, you are wrong about everything. Literally everything. I know the fake news media keeps telling you otherwise, but they’re wrong too, because most of those people are just like you and have been brainwashed just like you have been. They’re so brainwashed, in fact, that they don’t even understand that they’re now the ones doing the brainwashing.
- The fact that you are wrong and I’m right is why the Republican Party currently holds the Presidency, both houses of congress, 2/3rds of state governorships, and majorities in 2/3rds of state legislative bodies. The crazier you get, the faker the fake media becomes, the fewer people vote the way you do. If you represented the majority of thought in this country, those numbers of office-holders would be reversed, especially after having your overlord and savior, Barack Hussein Obama, ensconced in the White House for eight long years.
- I know you’re hopelessly outraged by all of this, but this is the truth of your situation. Donald Trump is going to be President for four full years, because you simply do not have the votes to take over congress in 2018 and execute an impeachment. He is also very likely to serve a second full term in office after being re-elected President in 2020, because despite what your heroes in the fake news media keep telling you, he is keeping his promises made during the campaign in a very big way. Again, they’re lying to you because they know you prefer it that way.
- By the way, this preference for being lied to in order to support the fantasy world in which you live is the very same reason why you keep voting for pathological liars to be your party’s presidential nominees. Think about it: your last five presidential nominees have been Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. This is like the murderer’s row of pathological liars. It will take a change in your preference for being lied to before that ever changes.
- So, how are you going to sustain this outrage for eight years? How long can you go on waking up each morning with smoke pouring out your ears at the thought that Donald Trump still sits in the White House? How long are you going to keep carrying some cardboard sign with something stupid or obscene written on it out to the local freeway to block traffic? How long are you going to keep putting on black ski masks and vandalizing college campuses? More to the point, how much longer is your grandma going to be willing to put you up in her basement and cook supper for you?
- Eight years is a long time to be angry, a long time to be outraged, a long time to continue alienating everyone you used to call a friend and family members with profane and borderline insane rants on Facebook, not to mention those three dozen 140-character outbursts on Twitter you post each day. At some point, the nature of human existence requires all of us to grow up and either make an effort to become a productive member of society or doom ourselves to a lifetime of failure.
- Waking up outraged for eight years – or even just four – will pretty much doom you to the latter path. How long can you keep it up with the knowledge that Donald Trump isn’t going anywhere? It’s a question you’re all going to have to answer, because he really is not going anywhere.
Just another day in Perpetually Outraged Liberals America.
That is all.
- Well, yesterday was a very slow news day, so I think I’ll just take a day off from the Campaign Update….what? There was a firing? Comey? James Comey? How did I miss that one. Ok, well, that was probably non-controversial, right? I mean, after all, every Democrat in America was calling for Comey’s head barely a week ago, blaming him for the loss by their hero, The Most Corrupt Woman in America, last November, so surely no one raised a fuss when Trump fired such a universally-detested public figure. Right? No? Ok, better go check the news, dang it.
- Ok, just kidding. By now, we all know that Democrats went even crazier than usual at the news of Comey’s firing, doing yet another 180 on their view of our former bi-polar FBI Director, who has done more to starkly reveal the abject intellectual dishonesty of every day Democrats than any public figure in American history. As I posted on Facebook last night, Democrats were for James Comey (July 5, 2016) before they were against him (October 28, 2016) before they were for him (November 6, 2016) before they were against him (May 3, 2017) before they were for him (today).
- Another Facebook post from last night: This is the Democrats, furiously deleting every Tweet and Facebook post they’ve made demanding Comey’s firing since last October 28:
- Someone pointed out that I should have added fake journalists to that caption, but all fake journalists are is Democrats with by-lines, so it was already implied.
- What else to say about Comey? Look, he did this to himself. He had a chance last July 5 to make himself a true American hero. He and he alone had a chance to demonstrate that no one in this country is above the law. He could have done that by making a criminal referral to the Attorney General in the case of Hillary Clinton and her illegal email server, a case he himself very publicly made before then refusing to make the referral. Last week he claimed he did that because he (correctly) believed the Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, was hopelessly corrupt and would not take appropriate action on his referral. Regardless of whether that is true or not, that was not his judgment to make. His job was to make a criminal referral when he had found criminal activity. Everything that has happened to and with Mr. Comey since that time has simply been a natural extension of the wrongness of his decision that day.
- I just flipped over to Morning Joe, and I’m pretty sure Mika is about to have a nervous breakdown. Come to think of it, she looked exactly the same way the morning after Election Day, so maybe it’s just how she looks whenever justice prevails in America.
- Fake journalist Mark Halperin is badgering Sarah Huckabee Sanders (who is a superstar) about why the President felt an urgency to act on the firing as soon as he had received that recommendation from the Justice Department. While Sanders gave a very non-confrontational answer, the real, true answer is that he had to act as quickly as possible so that scumbag Obama holdovers in the Deep State weren’t able to leak the information to fake journalists like Mika, Joe and Mark Halperin. This is really not rocket science here.
- While the fake news media is spinning the Comey firing as somehow “unprecedented”, and an “abuse of presidential power,” the same fake media outlets cheered in 1993 when Bill Clinton had his people dummy up an ethics complaint against then-FBI Director William Sessions and fired him because he had allegedly used his government jet a few times to visit his daughter. Again, if you’re expecting intellectual honesty or consistency of thought from those on the political left, you are doomed to a lifetime of disappointment.
- Other than the Comey firing, the big news yesterday was that the fake journalists at the NY Times published an editorial that was actually critical of abortion. Surely, someone will be getting fired over that decision, given that the leaders of the Democrat Party have repeatedly said there is no room for diversity of thought on that subject in their party anymore.
Just another day in Perpetual Liberal Outrage America.
That is all.
- I love the sound of Sierra Club wails in the evening.: Those loud explosions you heard Friday evening weren’t North Korean rockets going up in flames a few seconds after liftoff; they were the sounds of heads exploding all around the nation’s Climate Fraud Lobby, after the Trump Administration got rid of fully half of the political hacks who had occupied seats on an EPA “Scientific Review Board”. EPA has in the past filled such panels with political fellow travelers, many of them “scientists” who themselves receive mucho dinero in federal grants to “research” climate-related issues, and thus are little more than rubber stamps for anything EPA wants to do. Given that their entire climate scam is based on EPA actions and endorsements, the Climate Fraud Lobby is mightily upset at the prospect of having those seats replaced by people who might actually question some EPA regulatory priorities. Go figure.
- Uh, would you care to revise and extend those remarks, Congressman?: Idaho Republican congressman Raul Labrador told a townhall audience over the weekend that “nobody dies because they don’t have access to healthcare,” which, in a year in which unbelievably stupid utterances from Democrat public officials has become more the norm than the exceptions, may well be the single most unbelievably stupid utterance of all.
- They love her, they really, really love her!: Speaking of Democrat public officials who regularly say incredibly stupid things, California Cong. Maxine Waters got herself a standing ovation when she was introduced to the audience at the MTV Movie and Television Awards. Which, given that the average IQ in that audience is approximately the same as the average parakeet, is completely appropriate.
- Speaking of people with low IQs, residents of Islamic terrorism-ravaged Paris cast 90% of their votes in Sunday’s presidential elections for a guy who is famous for saying that “there is no such thing as ‘French culture.'” And so, soon, there won’t be.
- Don’t put your money where SJWs are allowed to run amok.: Enrollment at the University of Missouri continues to implode, with latest figures showing that freshmen enrollment for the 2016/17 session off by more than 35% in the two years since the massive campus protests in 2015, and the feckless handling of campus social justice warriors by school officials. Heat Street also reports that contributions from alumni and athletics boosters to the school have plummeted, with giving to the athletics department down by a whopping 62%. Hopefully, this will become a national trend.
- Reliance on the public’s stupidity has its limits.: Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber, who famously admitted to a congressional committee that the only way he and Barack Obama were able to sell the monstrosity was due to “the stupidity of the American public”, appeared on Fox News Sunday to debate Karl Rove on the Republican reform bill that was passed by the House of Representatives on Thursday. Predictably, things did not go well for Mr. Gruber, as Rove yanked out his trusty white board and refuted every lie Gruber had told. In case you missed it, there’s a clip at this link. Good stuff.
- They love him, they really, real…oh wait, no, they still hate him.: Now that Obamacare reform has passed the House, the fake news media is turning its attention to the Senate, desperate to find some way to kill the effort there. One tactic they’ll try early is fawning over Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, portraying him as the “cool head” who will stop the wild man Trump in his tracks. A great example of this tactic is this piece in The Atlantic, which carries the headline “There’s Something About Mitch.” One thing the fake media will find out quickly about Mitch is that he’s pretty much impervious to this sort of cajoling exercise, especially coming from fake news outlets that have never previously had a positive word to say about him. So this little honeymoon period for Mitch won’t last very long, and the inevitable demonization exercise will begin shortly. Because that’s what the fake news media does.
Just another day in wailing Sierra Club America.
That is all.