- Supreme Court nominee John Gorsuch was voted out of the Senate Judiciary Committee on a party-line vote. Hard to believe that not a single Democrat on the Committee chose to do the right thing and vote to confirm him. That kind of lock-step behavior is so out of character to those open-minded liberals. Bwah, hahahahahahahahahahhhhhhh!!! Man, I’m really cracking myself up here.
- If you expected the major television networks to properly report the bombshell revelation that Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice actively ordered the unmasking of members of the Trump campaign and transition team dozens of times since at least last July, think again. Neither ABC nor NBC dedicated a second to reporting on what, if proven, would be the biggest presidential scandal of the nation’s history, and CBS aired a report in which their fake reporter actually defended Ms. Rice’s actions. These people are going to play out this farce in coordination with the Democrats to the very last move.
- In reaction to the Susan Rice story, Senator Rand Paul suggested the Senate Intelligence Committee should subpoena her to testify under oath. Senator John McCain, who has been feverishly pushing the Democrats’ “Trump/Russia” fantasy at every opportunity, was noticeably silent on the matter.
- Eleven Russians are dead thanks to what authorities describe as a suicide bombing that took place in the St. Petersburg subway on Monday. The attacker was a Muslim man who hails from the Muslim nation of Kyrgyzstan. The fake anchors and fake reporters at CNN will spend the next couple of weeks pretending not to know what the poor man’s motivations might have been.
- President Donald Trump, as he promised, donated his presidential salary for the first quarter of 2017 to the National Park Service on Monday. The $78k+ will go to the preservation of historic battlefields. No word yet if the country’s social justice warriors have figured out a way to classify this act as somehow being “racist”, “sexist” or “homophobic”, but it’s just a matter of time.
- The fake reporters and editors at the NY Times found no room in their fake newspaper to do a proper report on the Susan Rice matter, but did manage to find space for a 1,000 word instruction for Millenials titled “How to find your missing keys.” It includes such helpful hints from key-finding “experts” as “don’t look where you don’t need to look,”, “don’t go round in circles,” and the capper of all the cappers, “The most efficient way to find something is not to look where you don’t need to look.” Now that, my friends, is fake news that fits in the fake newspaper of record.
- The White House unveiled the first official portrait of First Lady Melania Trump. The fake news media universally used the occasion as an opportunity to jealously cluck about the size of her 25 karat anniversary ring. *sigh*
- Today is National Hug a Newsperson Day. I’m not kidding. However, it only applies to real, actual, non-fake newspeople, so the pickings are extremely thin. So if you manage to find such an animal to hug, be sure to share it generously.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- I swear I don’t make this stuff up: Real headline in Sunday’s Washington Examiner: “Minimum Wage Activists Call Tipping Racist.” This is the latest talking point being used by activists who want to implement a $15 minimum wage for all jobs, nationwide, a move that would obviously destroy millions of jobs in the process. My wife and I are both “over-tippers” who generally tip more than the recommended 15-20% whenever the service is not awful, because we both had to work jobs like that at one point in our lives and know how hard they are. But now, I suppose we’ll be called “over-racists” for doing so. Honestly, the greatest fantasy writers in the world just could not make up the stuff progressives really think and say every day of the week.
- How about ‘no’, Chuck?: Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer told an interviewer on one of the Sunday morning talk shows about his latest bright idea to avoid nuking the filibuster over the Gorsuch nomination: Withdraw Gorsuch’s name from consideration, and set up a committee consisting of both Republican and Democrat senators who would have to unanimously approve any subsequent nominee before he would go to the Senate Juduciary Committee for consideration. Thus, you would have a committee making a recommendation to another committee making a recommendation to the full Senate. Yeahhhhhhhhhh…no.
- Hey, he’s got more credibility than our people do.: When the fake editors at the Washington Post wanted an opinion piece to defend what the writer calls “Sound and accurate journalism”, did they reach out to one of their own fake “journalists”? No. Did they reach out to any of the thousands of other fake journalists working at other news outlets in the nation’s capital? Nope. Did they reach out to any of the tens of thousands of other fake journalists working at other media outlets all across America, or even in other countries? Nopey. No, when the WaPo’s fake editors want an opinion piece to defend “Sound and accurate journalism” they do to right, by God: they go for an actor who once played a real journalist in a movie! Yes, Robert Redford has an opinion piece in the Sunday WaPo in which he defends “Sound and accurate journalism.” Mr. Redford apparently hasn’t gotten the memo that you could count the number of “sound and accurate journalists” in Washington today on the fingers of one hand. All the others are just partisan hacks. But hey, it’s been 42 years since he made that movie. Give the guy a break.
- Hey, think they can get Wendy Davis to run for Governor again? That’d be great.: In case you missed the earth-shattering news, the Texas Democratic Party has a new leading contender to be its sacrificial lamb to run against Senator Ted Cruz in the 2018 mid-term elections. His name is Beto O’Rourke – a fantastic Texas name if there ever was one – and he currently represents Texas’s 16th congressional district in congress. Beto is young, he’s smart, he’s articulate, he’s move-star good-looking, and hey, he even plays the guitar, so he’s cool, too. Given all of that, he has about the same chance of defeating Ted Cruz in the 2018 mid-term elections as you or I do. But he has a great, great name.
- Because that’s what the fake news media is all about.: The fake reporters at the NY Times reported over the weekend that Devin Nunes’ sources for the intelligence information on which he has been relying is two “White House staffers”, and even gave their names. The story naturally received massive attention and repetition in the fake news media. Trouble is, that report, like pretty much everything else in the NY Times these days, was false. Meanwhile, Adam Housley is reporting on Fox News this morning that his multiple sources inside U.S. intelligence agencies are telling him that the infamous liar Susan Rice was one of the high-ranking Obama officials who led the effort to spy on and unmask several members of the Trump Campaign and Transition Team. We can bet there will be nothing but crickets on this story from the rest of the fake news media.
Just another weekend in fake news media America.
That is all.
Some thoughts about the events of the past week:
- The ongoing demonization of House Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes by the fake news media and Democrat Party is classic Saul Alinsky tactics (Rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.). They see someone getting to the heart of a scandal that will ultimately cause great harm to the leftist cause, and so they demonize the messenger. There is absolutely nothing wrong in any action Nunes has taken in getting accurate, truthful information out regarding the Obama Administration’s blatant surveillance of the Trump campaign and transition team, and the illegal unmasking of General Mike Flynn and several others that resulted from that activity. Thus, having no way to refute the information Nunes has revealed, the fake media and Democrats focus on the messenger and the process in an effort to convince the public that that is the “real” issue at hand. It isn’t.
- Nunes must not resign or be removed from his chairmanship. If either happens, the fake media/Democrat strategy wins, and it will continued to be deployed against others so long as it is effective. We can likely trust Nunes to stand firm; but, can we trust Speaker Paul Ryan to do the same? That’s a perilous question.
- On the Senate side, watch Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley and his efforts to get our bi-polar FBI Director, James Comey, to release information regarding a Feb. 28 WaPo story that alleged that the FBI actually was paying the British intelligence agent who concocted the false “dossier” about then-candidate Donald Trump. Grassley issued a letter demanding information on the matter on March 6, which has been stone-walled by the FBI. So he issued a second letter this past week. The Senate hearings on this matter – which if true, should result in the removal of Comey and anyone else who was involved in constructing that false dossier – will be fascinating. Naturally, the fake news media has held a virtual blackout on reporting on this story. But they can’t ignore it forever.
- As well, the Evelyn Farkas matter is key. She went on record admitting that the Obama Administration did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and transition, and shared classified intelligence far and wide. Her denial this past week was weak and a transparent effort to do damage control. If she is not called by the House and Senate Intel Committees to testify under oath, then people should demand to know why.
- Also, pay attention to this story: Fox New’s Adam Housley reported on Saturday that he has spoken with multiple sources inside U.S. intelligence agencies who confirm that the Obama spying on Trump began “before Trump was the GOP nominee,” and that “The person who did the unmasking is “very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI.” John Brennan and James Clapper come immediately to mind as the prime candidates here.
The bottom line is this: The real story in all of this is that, for the better part of a year, we had a sitting presidential administration spying on the campaign of the other party’s candidate, all while the sitting President was actively out campaigning for his own party’s candidate. That is an abuse of power so extraordinary and stunning that it makes Richard Nixon look like a 4th grader playing tiddly winks. If the proof of this is ultimately made fully public, many Obama officials and probably media personalities will go to prison for a long time.
Congressional Democrats and those in the intel community who were involved know that that is the real story, and are continuing to pound on the fantasy “Trump/Russia” collusion nonsense, along with the “process” deflection about Devin Nunes as their means of deflecting media and public attention from the real story. Naturally, the fake news media goes along with the deflection in keeping with its willing role as the publicity arm of the Democratic Party.
Everything the Democrats and fake news media are doing here is classic Saul Alinsky 101. If they are able to prevail and prevent the truth from seeing the light of day, our country is well and truly doomed.
That is all.
- Yes, if by “core values” you mean no values at all.: Student snowflakes at swanky Swarthmore College who recently staged an anti-fossil fuel sit-in are upset that they are actually being punished for impinging on the rights of fellow students and administrators to get their business done. Several of the sensitive children were issued citations by the university this week, with “punishments” ranging from simple warnings to – gasp! – probation. The children have responded predictably for a bunch of entitled nitwits, claiming that the school’s actions represent a violation of Swarthmore’s “core values.” I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Note to fake news media: A pig that has lost a whisker remains a pig.: A fake journalist named Lissie Lapowsky published a piece at Wired in which she whines that President Donald Trump is “gutting the federal budget.” For the record, the Trump budget proposal would reduce discretionary federal spending by a not-so-whopping 1.2 percent. Obviously, the fake editors at Wired agree with their fake writer that 1.2 percent, a percentage that could easily be saved by a simple hiring freeze, amounts to “gutting.” But the fake media is not biased, oh, no. Perish the thought.
- Fake reporter Jeremy Diamond ran a report at CNN with this headline: “Trump Moves Agenda Forward Even As Russia Controversy Swirls.” Mr. Diamond is obviously astonished that the President is not hunkered down in a corner sucking his thumb as the fake media continues to focus on a fake “controversy” about which a) no one, not one single person has presented a single piece of evidence of the “controversy’s” existence, and b) every former Obama official who has testified before congress admits they have seen no evidence of the “controversy’s” existence. But because the fake media insists on reporting all Russia, all the time, the fake reporters at CNN expect the President to stop all work. Folks, it really has come to the point that, if you spend a moment watching CNN, you are committing an unpatriotic act. Seriously.
Just another week in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.
- This makes them different from the Democrats….how, again?: With the Democrats threatening to shut down the federal government over the pending expiration of the current continuing resolution (CR), Republican “leaders” in both the House and Senate have already conceded that they will continue to fund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, and will deny President Trump’s request for funding for the border wall. I’m sorry, but didn’t we just have an election about every one of those funding priorities last November, and didn’t the voters indicate they prefer to reverse all three of those decisions by the pathetic GOP congressional leadership? What am I missing here?
- Let’s just rename it The Federal Bureau of Non-Disclosure.: You would have had to search long and hard to find it due to the mainstream fake media blackout on anything not harmful to President Trump, but the Weekly Standard reports that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes pointed out yet again that the FBI is still stonewalling his Committee’s requests for information related to its investigation of the Democrats’ Trump/Russia fantasy. In response to Nunes’s statement, the FBI sent a spokesman out to say “We’re cooperating”, and then presumably went back to stonewalling the Committee.
- But was her son, Scut, involved? What about his toady, Grover Dill?: Speaking of stories you can’t find, a former Obama official named Evelyn Farkas told Mika Brzezenzski (or however you spell that name) on MSNBC early in March that she and many other Obama officials had indeed participated in an organized effort to circulate raw surveillance intelligence involving members of the Trump Transition Team, and had gladly shared the intel with members of the fake news media, unmasking some American citizens in the process. She told this all to MSNBC gladly, and in a manner that made it obvious she is in fact proud of her actions. She apparently did not understand that, in the process of that interview, she was potentially admitting to the commission of multiple felonies by herself, other Obama officials and members of the fake news media. Thus, the fake news media has been jointly sitting on this story hoping it would just fade away. Trouble is, the story has been getting a ton of attention in the realm of talk radio this week, so suddenly Ms. Farkas felt the need to go back on cable TV on Thursday to deny everything she had told Mika. And her friends in the fake news media will nod their heads and move on. Nothing to see here, all is well.
- Editor: you really think the public will buy that cock and bull story? Reporter: Well, sure, er, the Democrats will, at least.: Rather than report on the admissions of Ms. Farkas, the fake (literally fake, since it is no longer in print) magazine Newsweek ran with a “blockbuster” story about how our suddenly intrepid (now that he’s bashing a Republican) bi-polar FBI Director James Comey really, truly, no kidding was begging to run to the NY Times late last summer with an op-ed in which he would reveal the Russian efforts to “rig” the elections. And guess who stopped him? Why, our hero, Barack Obama, of course! Also of course, this Newsweek “blockbuster” is based solely on the word of not one, but two (!) source…who naturally remain unidentified. *sigh* #Fakenews at its finest.
- A story you can easily find this morning is the Wall Street Journal’s report that General Mike Flynn has offered to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity. Upon hearing of this offer by Gen. Flynn, talking heads all over the fake news media exploded, and immediately jumped to the conclusion they have jumped to 1,000 times before over the last 21 months, which is that “this is finally it” for President Trump. Trouble is, if you read the whole WSJ story, you find this statement from Gen. Flynn’s lawer:Mr. Kelner, Mr. Flynn’s attorney, decried the “unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason” and other charges by lawmakers and media commentators.“No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,” he said.That doesn’t sound much like someone who’s getting read to toss the POTUS under the bus. It sounds a lot like someone who saw the shameful travesty that happened with Scooter Libby during the last Republican presidential administration, and who wants to avoid the same fate.
But hey, it’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome, all the time in the fake news media.
That is all.
- Remember, if a Democrat is guilty of some wrong-doing, the first thing he does is accuse a Republican of the same behavior: Guests at a swanky New York restaurant reported that Chuck Schumer chased a couple of diners there from the establishment Sunday evening, because they voted for Donald Trump. Several guests heard Schumer questioning how they could do that, because “he’s a liar!” Schumer’s belief about the President’s honesty may be heartfelt, at least to the extent he actually possesses a heart, but that did not prevent him from enjoying the free drinks and hors d’ouvres at the East Room of the White House at a reception just 24 hours later.
- That’s true, Mr. President, but you’re not supposed to say it.: Upon finding out about Schumer’s restaurant outburst, President Trump called Schumer the Democratic Party’s “Head Clown.” Upon learning of the President’s retort, California Rep. Maxine Waters felt highly insulted.
- Remember, if Democrats see a Republican member of congress performing effectively, the first thing they do is demonize him.: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes continues to be the target of a focused demonization campaign by the Democrats and their agents in the fake news media, to the point now where Democrats on the committee are now refusing to participate in hearings, and even to read the intelligence they have been provided which demonstrates that the Trump Transition Team was indeed under surveillance by the Obama Administration. Saul Alinsky would be proud.
- The target has moved.: Everyone should note that the Democrats’ demand on the Trump/Russia fantasy has now shifted from “we want a special prosecutor” to “we want a special Commission“. This shift took place after Jeff Sessions was confirmed to become Attorney General and began filling key roles there with people who aren’t loyal to Barack Obama. Their fear of a special prosecutor is that Sessions would appoint someone who is not a creature of the DC establishment, and thus might conduct an honest inquiry into the matter. With a special Commission, however, the Democrats know that they and establishment Republicans will be able to pack such a thing with their establishment cronies who, as we saw with the 9/11 Commission, will be perfectly happy to produce a fake report on the matter. Remember, the goal is here is not just to de-legitimize President Trump, it is to ultimately impeach him. The Establishment can’t do that unless it has “proof” of the Trump/Russia fantasy, even if the “proof” is fake.
- Now, that’s what I call breaking a drought!: But hey, there’s good news out there, too. The Mirror reports that Mexico has invented a cloud that rains tequila! No word if the Mexican government plans to park this party cloud over construction crews in order to slow construction of President Trump’s border wall, but they should.
Just another day in Saul Alinsky America, and Jose Cuervo Mexico.
That is all.
Photo Credit: Mirror.com
- Great idea – where do we go to pitch in?: Don’t look now (ok, go ahead and look), but Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks, who led the whole “Brexit” effort to a successful conclusion, have now turned their attention to support for the “Calexit” effort. Well, except that it’s not really the “Calexit” effort we’ve been hearing about – you know, the one that would blessedly remove the entire state of California from the United States of America. No, the effort for which Farage and Banks have successfully raised about a million bucks is a plan that would split the Golden State down the middle from north to south, leaving an inevitably Democrat-dominated state on the coast, and an inland state in which Republicans would most likely dominate. While not as pleasing as the real “Calexit”, the Farage/Banks plan (CalSplitzit?) would have the happy effect of diluting California’s impact in presidential politics, and likely add two more Republicans to the Senate. However, the one big drawback is that the CalSplitzit plan would relegate Napa Valley and its fabulous wines to the tyranny of the Marxist state into which West California would inevitably devolve. Still, any outcome that dilutes the influence of West coast lefties is a good plan for America. Sign me up!
- Hey, ABC keeps out-faking us – whadda we gonna do?: Management at NBC/MSNBC obviously became worried their news was just not fake enough last week, so they decided to hire former Obama White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest as a new political contributor. Thus Mr. Earnest follows in the #FakeNews footsteps of George Stephanopoulous, who pretends to be a news anchor on rival ABC. Who can doubt that Mr. Earnest will be pretending to host his own fake news program in the very near future?
- The Dumbest Thing You Will Read This Week. Promise.: Speaking of fake journalists, fake reporter Norm Ornstein has a new piece in The Atlantic in which he proposes that all these allegations – for which we still have yet to see a single, solitary bit of real evidence – that the Russians and Trump campaign coordinated during the past election mean that we simply must change the rules for presidential succession. This piece is so breathtakingly devoid of solid reasoning or journalistic ethics that it simply must be read to be believed, so follow the link above if you dare.
- Can highway funds be far behind?: Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Monday that sanctuary cities will soon be cut off from receiving any and all of their current funding from the Justice Department. This is what is commonly known as “a good start.”
- If you have another explanation, please let me know.: The New York Post reported over the weekend that Hillary Clinton’s long-time companion Huma Abedin is supposedly going to give her pervert husband, Anthony Weiner, another chance to make their “marriage” work. Weiner is currently under investigation for having inappropriate relations with a minor, among many other things, and Huma reportedly remains in potential legal jeopardy due to her long association with The Most Corrupt Woman in America. In case you haven’t figured it out already, the obvious reason for these two habitual offenders to remain married is so that they can preserve the right to claim “spousal immunity” in each other’s eventual prosecutions. Not exactly brain surgery.
- She blames the Russians.: In other news, a woman was arrested for the second time since Election Day for attempting to jump the fence at the White House. Can somebody please get Hillary Clinton under control?
Just another day in CalSplitzit America.
That is all.
...how else to explain this announcement from Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee:
“I am not inclined to filibuster, even though I’m not inclined to vote for him,” Leahy said.
And please spare me any crap about Leahy’s respect for Senate tradition, his spirit of bi-partisanship, or any other nonsense like that. Leahy’s as partisan as partisan gets. This guy helped plan and execute the “high-tech lynching” of Clarence Thomas, for God’s sake.
For the last quarter of a century, everything – literally every action, utterance and even thought – the Democrats have done in Washington, DC has been based on nothing more than polling and focus group data. Period.
So if Pat Leahy is going wobbly on filibustering John Gorsuch, it’s a 100% certainty that is because the Party has received some bad polling or focus group information about taking that action. Which is not surprising, given the incredibly calm and reasoned performance Gorsuch put forward during his confirmation hearings. Filibustering Gorsuch is like filibustering the Easter Bunny.
That statement by Leahy is significant, and it was floated today intentionally. Expect more to follow.
- The Senator From the News Media is quickly becoming the Senator From the EU: Cranky old John McCain went off on President Donald Trump overseas again, this time at The Brussels Conference, attended by most of the leadership of the European Union and NATO. The Senator criticized the President on foreign soil for his insistence that EU nations actually begin paying their fair share of their own defense, for which the United States taxpayers have footed the lion’s share of the bill since the end of WWII. He also whined that he hasn’t been invited to meet with President Trump since he became President. Gee, wonder why?
- Yeah, uh-huh, sure, you betcha, Joe. Now, have some Metamucil.: Joe Biden told an audience on Sunday that he “probably could’ve won” last year’s election against Donald Trump. In saying that, he joins 17 failed Republicans and one massively failed Most Corrupt Woman in America. It’s a big and growing crowd.
- Another pro-Trump rally, another clash with masked thugs.: This is becoming a weekly occurrence. A bunch of pro-Trump people get together to show their support for the President; they are then set upon by a bunch of violent thugs wielding pepper spray; and the fake news media then feigns shock that such a thing could happen, even though this is exactly the sort of behavior among leftwing idiots that its own coverage of Donald Trump sanctions each and every day. This past weekend it happened in Huntington Beach, CA; next week, it will happen somewhere else. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
- Back when America’s leftwingers knew how to conduct a peaceful demonstration: Althouse.com reminsces on its blog about the fact that 10,000 Americans congregated in Central Park on March 26, 1967 to celebrate a “Human Be-in.” The Grateful Dead played, and Timothy Leary distributed vast quantities of LSD. No one shot anyone else with pepper spray. CNN didn’t exist. Coincidence?
- Wait, what? Who, me? No way! It was that other guy!: And the blame falls to the Freedom Caucus, as it should. That group of GOP doctrinaire conservatives were the consensus choice on the Sunday morning talk shows for who should bear most of the blame for the death of the Republican “repeal and replace” bill. Practically the lone dissenter on this view was Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, who is the leader of that group of my-way-or-the-highway by-God conservatives. Even though everyone in Washington knew the Freedom Caucus had the killing of this bill as its one and only goal in this process, Rep. Jordan was mysteriously reticent to take credit for his victory. Maybe that happened when he woke up Sunday morning with the realization that he gets to take credit for saving federal funding for Planned Parenthood in the 2018 mid-term elections. That should be fun.
Just another day in blame-deflecting America.
That is all.