The Evening Campaign Update (Because the Campaign Never Ends)
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, #EnemyOfThePeople. – Hat tip to the guys at the Conservative Treehouse for calling this one out. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is now heavily lobbying the Trump Administration to not move ahead with an executive order beefing up mandates on Big Pharma and other medical supply multi-national companies to bring their damn supply chains out of China and back to America.
Because of course this is what the CofC is doing. The CofC is one of the most anti-Trump – and in this case, anti-America – institutions in the nation’s capital. It has used its pernicious influence to undermine Trump’s policies on illegal immigration so that its huge corporate members can continue enjoying the fruits of cheap labor, and now it is using its pernicious influence to try to ensure that our country remains outrageously over-reliant on China for our medicines and healthcare supplies.
From a report by Reuters on the matter:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and dozens of other business and trade groups urged U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow and other top U.S. officials to drop plans for the order, arguing it would also damage U.S. trading relationship for years to come.
“Preventing federal agencies from sourcing medical equipment and pharmaceutical ingredients from abroad … would only exacerbate the supply shortages racking the United States,” said a letter from the groups, which was also addressed to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer.
White House trade adviser Peter Navarro, a long-time trade hawk who is crafting the order, told Fox News late on Wednesday evening that he expected movement on the issue shortly.
“The president’s gonna get that done soon,” Navarro told Fox News’ “Hannity” program, without giving an exact date.
The push has sparked concern in China and elsewhere, rekindling tensions with Beijing at a moment when global leaders are calling for a coordinated response to the outbreak.
Let’s review what is at stake here for Americans:
- This virus originated in China in November;
- The communist Chinese government lied to the global community for two solid months;
- During those two months, an average 10,000 Chinese citizens came to America EVERY DAY, creating the epidemic we are now dealing with by shutting down 75% of our economy;
- The very same dynamic took place in pretty much every country on earth;
- Today, thanks to all the horrible trade deals that the CofC lobbied the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama Administrations to implement over the 28 years before Trump took office, our country is reliant on supply chains that at least in part move through China for over 90% of our pharmaceutical products and medical supplies;
- And the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its giant multi-national corporate members want to keep it that way.
Bottom line, the CofC must be defeated. When you go to the polls this fall, vote for candidates who are NOT taking money from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Unless, of course, those candidates are Democrats. We must end this group’s destructive power in the nation’s capital.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.