Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Tired of all this WINNING yet? Not a chance. – All major U.S. market indexes once again attained all-time record high closes on Monday. It was the ninth straight record trading day on the NASDAQ, its longest such streak since 1998. As we approach the end of 2019, the Trump economy has now taken all of the Democrat/media recession promoters, folded them collectively up into a massive wad of smelly BS, and tossed them into the garbage dump of history. It’s a wonderful thing for America.
Tired of all this WINNING yet? Part II. – The stock markets weren’t the only area in which Americans were WINNING bigly on Monday. The leaders in China finally signaled capitulation to the reality of President Trump holding all the real leverage in the trade negotiations between the worlds two largest economies yesterday, announcing a massive reduction in tariffs on U.S. imports into their country:
China will lower tariffs on products ranging from frozen pork and avocado to some types of semiconductors next year as Beijing looks to boost imports amid a slowing economy and a trade war with the United States.
Next year, China will implement temporary import tariffs, which are lower than the most-favored-nation tariffs, on more than 850 products, the finance ministry said on Monday. By comparison, 706 products were taxed at temporary rates in 2019.
The tariff changes were made to “increase imports of products facing a relative domestic shortage, or foreign speciality goods for everyday consumption,” the ministry said in a statement on its website.
This, friends, is WINNING, and it is only going to get better in 2020. Heck, it will likely only get better before 2019 is over – after all, we have a whole week to go.
Why is Pelosi making impeachment a permanent process? – After I posted yesterday afternoon’s update detailing the Democrats’ latest move to make impeaching President Donald Trump a permanent feature of their rule in the House of Representatives, several readers sent messages asking why she and Schiff and Nadler would do this? What purpose does it serve?
Well, there are several reason why San Fran Nan’s traveling congressional freak show is going down this road – let’s lay them out in bullet point form:
- First and foremost, the Democrats have nothing else. This is all they got, and they know it. They have no real policy agenda heading into the 2020 elections other than promoting the Green New Scam and Venezuela-style socialism, and those are unpopular policy proposals that they must pursue under the radar.
- Second, because they can. There is no honest media establishment working to inform the American people of the truly subversive nature of what they are doing, and thus, no negative consequences politically from going down this despicable road.
- Third, because they can never admit that the 2016 presidential election was legitimate. Think about it: They and their corrupt media toadies have spent three entire years now promoting first the Trump/Russia myth and then the Trump/Ukraine myth in their frenzied effort to overturn the results of that election. If they were to stop now, it would be an admission that the entire pretense that enabled them to attain their House majority in the 2018 election was a false one.
- Fourth, because pursuing permanent impeachment supports their new narrative in which they are already making the case that the 2020 presidential election will be illegitimate. Having a President win re-election while “under investigation” is key to that narrative.
- Fifth, because they know that Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in terrible health, making it very likely there will be an opening on the Supreme Court at some point next year. Making impeachment permanent enables them to argue that President Trump can’t fill that seat while he’s under “suspicion.”
I suspect it is possible that Ginsburg, who is 85 and has survived several bouts with lung and pancreatic cancer, or liberal justice Stephen Breyer, who is 81, may have even informed Pelosi and others that she or he plans to retire at the end of the current Supreme Court session, which would help to explain the urgency behind the Democrats’ efforts to keep impeachment alive.
Now, if you are thinking that none of the reasons listed above are legitimate reasons for the constitutional abomination Pelosi is perpetrating on our society, I agree. But we have to remember that everything Pelosi, Schumer or any Democrat leader does has a single goal in mind: The acquisition and maintenance of political power. That’s it.
Considerations such as what might be best for the country never enters the minds of these demented and depraved people. Once you realize that reality and accept it, everything they do makes perfect, if evil, sense.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.