Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Getting tired of all this #WINNING yet? No? Expect more today. – The S&P 500 and NASDAQ indexes again closed at all-time highs on Thursday on news of a pending deal in U.S./China trade talks and news of a landslide win in the UK elections by Boris Johnson and his Conservative Party. The Dow Jones Industrials had reached an all-time high in late-day trading before falling back slightly at the close. All three indexes were poised to open at new all-time highs in pre-market trading.
Speaking of that vote in the UK… – As we noted back on November 29, the Conservative Tories had been poised to regain massive majority control of Parliament according to all the polls, and for once, the polls were right. Even the exit polls came close to getting it right, projecting a likely final Tory majority of 368 seats, just 4 away from the final official number of 364 of the chamber’s 650 total seats.
Johnson will now control a 78-seat majority, the largest for any party since the Margaret Thatcher-led election in 1987. Meanwhile, the largely communist “Labor” Party is left with a paltry 203 seats, its fewest since the election held in 1935.
Some of the dynamics of this election will sound very familiar to U.S. voters; others will no doubt turn out to be predictive of those we will see in the U.S. elections in 2020, just as the July 2016 Brexit vote turned out to be predictive of the U.S. election results five months later.
Here are some examples:
- Despite broad predictions that the British pound would crash after a landslide Johnson win, the value of the pound soared in post-election trading;
- The same is true of the British stock market, with every major British index moving substantially higher in post-election trading;
All of that is reminiscent of wild election night 2016 predictions in the U.S. by hacks like the New York Times’s resident economist Paul Krugman that the U.S. economy would “never recover” from the Trump victory
- The Tories achieved their landslide by breaking through what Brits like to call the “red wall” in England’s industrial areas in the north and “midlands.” The British media, unlike the U.S. media, properly associates the communists’ favored color of red with the Labor Party, and he color blue with the Conservatives. You can see what the country’s new election map looks like today below:
- Thus, just as the U.S. was a virtual sea of Republican “red” following the 2016 elections, England is today a virtual sea of Tory “blue” following this election;
- What does this breakthrough by the Conservatives in traditional blue-collar, industrial areas remind you of? If you said Donald Trump’s 2016 victories in the states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, you win the prize;
- Trump’s soaring polling numbers with African Americans and other minority groups are today positioning him to pick off other traditionally Democrat states like Minnesota and New Mexico in next year’s elections;
- Indeed, should the President pull anything close to the 34% of black voters who currently support him in a variety of national polls next year, the whole country outside of California, New York and Washington DC is basically up for grabs.
So, why did Johnson’s landslide happen now? Again, even that is eerily similar to the election dynamic building in the U.S. today. Simply put, the vast majority of Brits have grown weary of their wishes expressed in the resounding Brexit election win in 2016 being subverted by the Labor Party communists and globalist Conservatives, who have gone to extraordinarily-underhanded lengths to kill every Brexit plan that has come along.
Again, Americans, does that sound familiar?
Just as the public’s disgust with the antics of the Labor communists and duplicitous Tories finally built to the boiling point in the U.K., we can feel the public’s disgust with the antics of the Democrat communists and duplicitous, globalist Republicans building out here in Flyover Country. If the Democrats continue to just double-down on ever more-extreme attacks on the President, that disgust will have reached the boiling point by the time November 2020 rolls around.
In public life just as in private life, politicians reap what they sow. With their never-ending efforts to deny the American voters the fruits of their choice in the 2016 election, the Democrats are sowing the seeds of a blowout landslide in 2020.
I’m cool with that. You should be, too.
Addendum: And just like clockwork, the communist Laborites have created their own “resistance” movement, just like the communist Democrats did in the U.S. following the 2016 election:
So. Damn. Tiresome.
This is literally a fight for the survival of free western democracies. Those on the radical left will never again accept an election defeat. They will fight to the bitter end. We must be prepared to do the same. Never forget that reality.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.