Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
How weak is the 20-person Democrat field? – It’s so weak that a 76 year-old, miserable two-time loser in presidential politics who has been wrong about literally every major issue facing this nation over the last half-century is sucking all the air out of the room. That’s weak.
Three new polls released yesterday show Biden blowing away the rest of the Democrat field and getting close to eating up half the support among the Party’s mind-numbed voter base: He comes in at 44% support in the Harvard-Harris poll , 46% in the Hill-HarrisX online poll and 40% in the new poll from Morning Consult. The Commie lags far behind in 2nd place with just 14% support in both of the first two polls, and a little stronger 19% in Morning Consult. None of the 18 other candidates registers even in double digits in any of the polls.
That’s how weak the 20-person Democrat field is. Yikes.
Now, these are just three polls and as I pointed out in yesterday’s Campaign Update, Biden was always destined to have some really good polling numbers coming out of the gate in his carefully-scripted campaign launch. He is a two-term vice president, a guy who spent more than 30 years in the U.S. Senate, and the most known quantity out of all of the candidates in the field. He had lead the polls consistently before he even declared his candidacy, and that lead was inevitably going to grow once he finally jumped in. So that was all a given.
But, as unreliable as we all know that political polls are these days, there is no denying that a) three polls with fairly consistent results represents something of a trend, and b) some of the numbers posted by the other, supposedly “major” candidates in this race are stunningly weak.
The best example is the numbers put up by former darling of the fake news media, Irish Bob O’Rourke, who registers at 3, 3, and 5 in these polls, respectively, despite his very strong, if fading, fundraising numbers. It turns out that even mindless Democrat base voters want something more from a candidate – even one who just 3 months ago was touted by our fake news media as the “next Kennedy” – than jumping up on tables, waving arms and spouting meaningless platitudes. Go figure.
But what about the wymyn-folks? Well, the Party’s two most prominent wymyn, Faucahontas and Willie Brown’s Paramour, are doing better than Irish Bob, but that’s not saying much given that you can triple his numbers and still be mired in single-digits. The Fake Indian is averaging just 6.7% in these three polls, while Kamala Harris, who many “experts” were touting as the most likely Party nominee as recently as March, is doing a little better with an average of 7.3%.
But hey, at least they’re both out-pacing Irish Bob, and looky here – they’re both doing better than the fake news media’s latest Prom Date, Mayor Pete! Pete Buttigieg registers at 2, 8, and 6 in these three polls, for a not-very-impressive average of just 5.3%, despite having received hundreds of millions of dollars worth of fawning, free media coverage over the past two months.
Who else is even worth mentioning here? Well, there’s the “other” African American candidate, Cory Booker, who all the smart people in D.C. and the fake media were telling us last year might become the “next Barack Obama”, God help us. But that was all before his “I am Spartacus” moment in the Kavanaugh hearings last October. In these three polls, Sen. Spartacus comes in at 3, 3, and 3. Hey, at least he’s consistent.
Amy Klobuchar, who registers at 2, 0, and 2 is the only other candidate who even manages to come in at above 1% support in any of these polls. Kirsten Gillibrand’s candidacy is such a joke that the folks at RealClearPolitics have stopped even listing her in their average of polls table. My goodness.
Now, some observations:
- First, the field is very crowded right now and that means that support is scattered among the competing candidates. As the field narrows, voters will consolidate their support among those who remain in the race.
- There is no doubt, for example, that the other Commies in the race, like Fauxcahontas and Mayor Pete, are sucking support away from the real Commie, Bernie Sanders. The problem the Commie is going to have is that Mayor Pete, as the only openly gay candidate in the race, is likely to have some real staying power in the race, since the media will be afraid to report anything negative about him.
- Fauxcahontas is also likely to have some staying power, since she is the most shameless liar in this liar-filled field. We all know how mindless Democrat base voters love to be lied to. So the Commie is in real trouble here.
- Kamala Harris needs to do something, anything to set herself apart from the crowd, but her main problem is that she is a terrible campaigner and a singularly dislikeable individual. As a person who literally got ahead by sleeping with a powerful benefactor, her backstory is very unappealing, and her off-putting personality doesn’t help anything.
- I still think Andrew Yang will have his moment in the sun in this race. Once the debates begin – and he’s already raised enough money to be on the stage – he will stand out from the rest of this moribund, unappealing field because he is so much more intelligent than any of his opponents.
- Everybody else who is currently in this race is wasting their time and money, even those who, like Irish Bob, believe they might make an appealing running mate for either of the two near-octogenarians at the top of the polls. Biden’s already focused on Georgia gubernatorial loser Stacey Abrams – who apparently feels she’s entitled to the slot – and any other potential nominee is more likely to look outside of a bunch of just-defeated candidates for their running mate.
Again, I continue to believe that this week is the best polling week Biden will have in this race and that someone else will ultimately be the Democrat nominee. But at this point, given the amazing weakness of the rest of the field, I wouldn’t hazard a guess who that eventual nominee might be.
Honestly, I don’t really care. President Donald Trump will wipe the floor with any of these weak sisters, brothers and who-knows-what.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.