Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Those loud noises you hear are the sounds of American liberal heads exploding. – Despite being the target of a clownish witch hunt of his own, Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu was indirectly elected to serve a record fifth term in that job yesterday in Israel’s parliamentary elections. His conservative Likud Party in fact received its strongest percentage of the vote since the 2003 elections, winning 35 seats in the 120 seat legislature, where it will be able to form an alliance with other conservative parties who together won 30 seats.
All the “experts” had of course predicted that Netanyahu would be brought down by the media-promoted witch hunt in which politically-motivated prosecutors threaten to indict him for allegedly accepting illegal gifts from leaders of other nations and his wife for filing to be reimbursed by the government for the costs of holding state dinners at the couple’s modest home. This kind prosecuturial nonsense was rewarded by voters with a significant shift in favor of Netanyahu and other conservative parties when compared to the results of the country’s previous three elections. Just wait until you hear all the liberal heads exploding here in the U.S. when the same kind of backlash takes place in our country’s own 2020 elections. It will be glorious.
Meanwhile, here in America, the New York Times just kept on faking the news for its demented leftist reader base, declaring these very positive results to be a “setback” for Netanyahu, based not on the actual election results, but by always-inaccurate exit polls conducted by fake news media organizations. I swear I don’t make this stuff up. Who could?
Do we finally have a real attorney general on the job? – Bob Barr certainly made all the right noises during his testimony before the House Appropriations Committee yesterday.
In what was supposed to be a hearing about his department’s budget for Fiscal Year 2021, Barr was of course repeatedly questioned by craven Democrats who have no interest in actually doing their job about the Mueller report and when he plans to release it. During the course of that off-topic questioning by rank demagogues, the Attorney General delivered a wealth of extremely interesting information:
- On the Mueller report, he said he would likely be able to release a properly-redacted version of it within the next week, and even hilariously promised to color-code the redactions for Democrats who aren’t capable of reading or thinking above a third-grade level.
- He spelled out four areas of information he would redact consistent with statutes that have been on the books for decades: 1) grand jury information; 2) information related to U.S. intelligence-gathering; 3) information that could compromise ongoing investigations; and 4) information that could violate the privacy of individuals who were not direct subjects of the Mueller witch hunt.
- Regarding his four-page summary of the Mueller report that was released two weeks ago, Barr revealed that he offered Mueller the opportunity to review and comment on the summary prior to its release, an offer Mueller refused to accept.
- Barr told the committee that he anticipates that DOJ Inspector General Micheal Horowitz will finally, at long last, be wrapping up his own investigation into the rampant abuse of the FISA process by the deep state cabal inside his department sometime in May. Yay.
All of that is fine and good, but then came the really big news:
- The Attorney General informed the committee that he has initiated an investigation into how, why and when the FBI decided to begin a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump Campaign, which we know actually began in late 2015 despite FBI and media lies claiming it only started in July, 2016.
If true – and there is no apparent reason not to take Barr at his word at this point in time – this is a very big deal, because any honest and thorough investigation into that particular subject will inevitably reveal that all of these Obama-era DOJ and FBI officials and their media co-conspirators have been lying to congress, investigators and the public about all of this for two and a half years now.
Further, any honest and thorough investigation into this subject will inevitably ensnare James Comey, Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page, Bruce and Nellie Ohr, Sally Yates and even Obama CIA Director John Brennan in its web, in addition to many others. Such an investigation would also inevitably reveal that Attorney General Loretta Lynch was intimately aware of everything that was happening, as well as then-President Barack Hussein Obama, given that every president receives a weekly briefing on U.S. counterintelligence operations.
Sadly, here is what Barr’s revelation also most likely reveals: That Salt Lake City U.S. Attorney John Huber and his staff of hundreds of investigators have most likely not been doing a damn thing on any of this over the last 18 months. It was the fall of 2017 when ex-Attorney General Jeff Sessions used Huber as a lame excuse for his refusal to appoint a second special counsel to look into all of this, claiming then that he had authorized Huber to conduct this exact investigation. Apparently, that was just a dodge by an attorney general who was intent on doing nothing, and did nothing well.
As I said, we have no reason not to take Barr at his word at this point in time, and we can always hope he is not engaging in a Sessions-style dodge now. Hopefully, he won’t give us any reason to start doubting his word in the months to come.
Our nation needs justice here, real justice. Demands it, in fact.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.