Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Coincidence? Probably not. – ICE agents found, arrested and deported the last known Nazi WWII-era prison guard living in America. The Democrat Party, its paramilitary arm, Antifa, and it’s propaganda arm in the national fake news media all want to abolish ICE. Let that sink in. They also all want to confiscate your guns and abolish the 2nd amendment. Think about why that is.
The Robert Mueller Special Counsel Juggernaut thus far… – Ok, lessee here. To this point, here is what Bob Mueller and his gang of Clinton/Obama hacks have produced thus far in their 16 month-long “investigation”, i.e., Witch Hunt:
– Obtained convictions of Paul Manafort for a series of financial crimes committed a decade ago while Manafort was working for Ukrainian clients alongside…wait for it… Tony Podesta, the brother of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta;
– Had to farm out the Michael Cohen case to the Southern District of New York due to its irrelevance to anything having to do with the Special Counsel’s charge;
– Has now postponed any sentencing of Gen. Mike Flynn for the FIFTH TIME since Flynn entered his guilty plea for “lying to the FBI,” a plea that has now been conclusively shown to have been given under duress as Mueller and his thugs threatened Flynn’s family;
– Is begging to get 30-90 days in jail for George Papadopoulos, who the fake news media tried for months to portray as the very justification for the FBI’s illegal spying on the Trump Campaign during 2016, but has now been conclusively revealed as little more than a bit player, if a player at all;
– Has indicted about 30 Russian ham sandwiches who will never come to America to stand trial;
– Was forced to desperately postpone the trial against the lone Russian ham sandwich that did show up for trial because he and his thugs were completely unprepared to make a case;
– Has in 16 months brought ZERO charges that in any way relate to allegations of Trump “collusion” with Russia, the ostensible justification for the investigation in the first place;
– Has in 16 months delivered ZERO evidence to support rampant media allegations of obstruction of justice on the part of President Trump.
This is a clown show, folks. Or a better analogy is that it’s like Seinfeld – a show that everyone watches and laughs about and talks about the next morning over the water cooler at work, but which is ultimately about nothing. A big, ol’ flaming bag of nothing.
The Cohen thing is different in that it is at least about something real, not about a fantasy concocted in concert by the Democrats and the fake news media. The problem for Trump haters is that it, like the charges against Manafort, is also about ancient history, two alleged affairs private citizen Trump supposedly had with a porn star and a centerfold more than a decade before he ran for office.
Again, the charges to which Cohen pleads are irrelevant to anything related to the Trump campaign or presidency – tax fraud, bank fraud and one charge of a campaign finance violation. The problem with that last charge is that no money ever passed through any account in any way related to the Trump campaign. The overly-zealous prosecutors in the case are going to try to claim that the payoffs to the porn star and centerfold were made in an effort to “influence” the 2016 election, and thus amount to a contribution in-kind to the Trump campaign.
Okayyyyyyyyy…do the Democrats and fake news media really want to go there? Think about the possible implications of this line of reasoning for a moment. If one accepts this logic, then basically every minute of programming that aired on CNN during 2016 would have to be classified as an illegal in-kind contribution to the Clinton campaign, not to mention 90% of the fake reporting by the rest of the fake news media. This is billions of dollars worth of outright advocacy designed to – guess what? – influence the 2016 election.
By the same logic, every moment that Jim Acosta and April Ryan and 90% of the White House press corps spend on White House grounds should be accurately classified as opposition research for the Democrat Party and efforts to influence the 2018 mid-term and 2020 presidential elections. Because if we’re going to be honest about this, that is all they are doing. They are nothing more than operatives for the Democrat Party.
The other speculation is that the Cohen plea deal gives Democrats a reason to pursue impeachment should they take control of the House in November. Again, do the Democrats really want to go there? These are the same Democrats who steadfastly refused to condemn then-President Bill Clinton for having sex with a 22 year-old intern in the Oval Office, and then brutally bullying her to remain silent about it. Most of them still refuse to condemn Clinton to this day, in fact.
The Democrats in 1998 couldn’t offer up a single vote in favor of impeaching Clinton when he was brought up on proven charges of obstruction of justice, perjury, lying to federal investigators, and abuse of FBI files. Not one. Single. Vote. But now they’re going to try to impeach a Republican president for the “crime” of entering into a hush money agreement over two alleged affairs from 10-12 years ago?
Without doubt, Trump’s behavior, if true, is wholly immoral and should be condemned on those grounds. But as has been pointed out many, many times, Americans did not elect Donald Trump on the illusion he was a choir boy. Besides, the Democrats voluntarily and unanimously surrendered any moral authority in these matters 20 years ago, and there is just no going back from that.
Despite all the media frenzy flying around today, Donald Trump will serve out this term and most likely end up being a highly successful two-term president.
The blood of Mollie Tibbets is on Congress’s hands. – Fake news media outlets all over America feverishly worked to avoid mentioning yesterday’s revelation that University of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbets was murdered by an illegal alien, because of course they did. Doesn’t fit the narrative, after all. One MSNBC Democrat spokesperson who nobody’s ever heard of refused to even mention Ms. Tibbets’ name, referring to her only as “some girl in Iowa…who Fox News is talking about.”
Many on the right, meanwhile, rushed in to blame Ms. Tibbets’ killing on the Democrats and their refusal to cooperate in the building of the border wall, but this is overly simplistic. The truth is that the the current insane construct of our nation’s immigration laws has been a bipartisan enterprise that has been constructed by a series of congresses and presidents of both parties going all the way back to the 1960s. Who can ever forget, for example, the “Gang of 8” that led the fight for a horrific comprehensive immigration reform bill in 2013? That despicable exercise, which would have provided overarching amnesty, institutionalized open borders and turned the nation over to the Democrat Party into perpetuity, included the very worst the U.S. Senate has to offer, including Republicans like Jeff Flake and John McCain, and Democrats like Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin.
So you can’t just blame the Democrats for this murder and the ongoing crime spree by those living illegally in our country – the GOP establishment wing deserves all sorts of credit for it as well. This has been a purely bipartisan exercise.
Just another day in Mueller is Seinfeld America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.