Evening Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
I expected to be moderately disappointed today, but instead am feeling pleasantly surprised. This IG Report is actually quite devastating for the FBI, which is exactly what it should be. Michael Horowitz has done his job admirably.
First, a little house-cleaning…
- Most, if not all of the mainstream, fake media organizations are rushing to get their clickbait “BREAKING” reports out based on reading the report’s Executive Summary only. That summary is written in a way to intentionally soften the media reaction to the report, and feed the fake media’s confirmation bias that this thing is no big deal. So the reporting we’re seeing from those outlets so far is very predictable. Great work, DOJ!
- It seems, at least on the surface, that Comey’s going to be given a pass on his role in all of this. Based on what I’ve read so far, I don’t expect a criminal referral related to him, despite all the “insubordinate” behavior he engaged in on Hillary’s behalf.
- There are no criminal referrals in this report – there were never going to be. Those come later, if there are going to be any. Remember the Andrew McCabe report a couple of months back? That one had no criminal referrals in it, either. Horowitz issued a referral to Sessions on McCabe later on the same day the report was released, but that was very fast for a reason – they were working to get McCabe out of the FBI by the next Monday, and the report was released on a Friday.
- There are, however, internal disciplinary referrals on 5 FBI employees contained in the report, including on Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. Strzok specifically has been referred to the internal Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for further internal investigation.
- There also may never be any criminal referrals at all related to this specific report. As I pointed out this morning, we have to remember that, despite the huge size of this 500 page report, its scope is very limited – only to the conduct of its fake investigation into the Clinton email scandal. We have to remember that fake investigation did not involve criminal activity like defrauding the FISA courts or illegal unmaskings or faking 302 reports. Those were related to operation Crossfire Hurricane and other DOJ/FBI shenanigans that are the subject of Horowitz’s pending, final report.
- So the focus of the report is on the internal process followed, and violations of FBI protocols, because that’s what this particular investigation was focused on.
There. Clear as mud?
Now, what this report does a great job of is setting the stage for the next report, which will be the climax of Horowitz’s work. It’s like Act I of a three act play.
Here is the scene it sets:
- The FBI in 2016 was a place in which Horowitz documents “numerous FBI employees, at all levels of the organization” – including some senior ones – accepting bribes against agency policy from multiple news media outlets. Meals, golf outings, sports tickets, you name it, these people were getting it from their favored leak recipients.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place that leaked like a sieve to those very same media outlets.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place run by long-time associates and fans of Hillary Clinton. Comey has known her for 20 years, Page and Strzok worshipped her, Andy McCabe’s wife was taking gobs of money from her former bagman, Terry McAuliffe while McCabe himself was helping fix the agency’s fake investigation into her email “problem.”
- The FBI in 2016 was a place at which the outcome of an “investigation” would be determined months in advance of even interviewing the suspect or her senior staffers, a place where the final report of an investigation was already drafted months prior to said intervews.
- Even worse, the FBI in 2016 was a place where the senior agent running the fake investigation was aware that many of Clinton’s emails had been intercepted by foreign governments, and did his best to cover up that fact.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place where a stunning revelation that more than 600,000 of Clinton’s emails, including many containing classified and secret information, were found on the PC of the disgusting pedophile husband of Clinton’s longtime companion, and that revelation would go completely unaddressed in any way for more than a month.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place in which the Director made decisions vitally important to the well-being of a nation of 315 million people base on his certainty that Hillary Clinton was going to ultimately win the election.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place in which the Director, his chief counsel and the deputy chief of the counterintelligence division all used their personal GMail accounts to conduct official business and transmit and receive classified information.
- The FBI in 2016 was a place in which that deputy chief of counterintelligence, which asked by his mistress to assure her that Trump couldn’t win the election, replied “No. We’ll stop it”.
All of this and no doubt much more is clearly laid out in this Horowitz report. There will be much more revealed as everyone has a chance to comb through it over the next 24 hours.
This is a picture of an agency – supposedly the nation’s premier law-enforcement agency – that was out of control, overwhelmingly biased and utterly corrupt. That is a devastating picture.
End of Act I
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.