Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Tired of all this winning yet? – the fake news media are now eating their own. Ain’t it great? On Wednesday, the fake journalists at CNN, desperate to find a way to climb out of their perpetual third place position behind MSNBC and Fox News, ran a story alleging that MSNBC regular contributor Mark Halperin has been charged with harassment by no fewer than five women. CNN’s own lineup of pompous fake male TV hosts better hope that their own behavior in the workplace has been pure as the driven snow over the years, because you can bet their fake counterparts at MSNBC will out looking for some allegation of their own in the wake of this take-down of Halperin. It’s so great when horrible people start a war with one another. It’s like watching a football game between the Eagles and the Redskins.
- In the market for even more winning now? – Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has now called for the Justice Department to appoint a new special counsel to investigate the ballooning Uranium One scandal. On Fox News this morning, Sen. Grassley expressed his concern that current Special Counsel Robert Mueller is “conflicted” on this matter, given information that has come to light that the details of the scandal were kept hidden from the public by the FBI when he led that agency during 2009 and 2010. “Conflicted” is a very kind word for Mueller’s situation related to this matter.
- Grassley took a shot at Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who recused himself from being involved in any investigations related to allegations the Trump Campaign had somehow “colluded” with Russia, tweeting “Whoever in DOJ is capable w authority to appoint a special counsel shld do so to investigate Uranium One “whoever” means if u aren’t recused”. Ouch. But Sessions has no legitimate reason for expanding his idiotic recusal to Uranium One, given that the events related to it took place many years before the 2016 presidential contest.
- We already know we cannot trust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to act appropriately here. After all, he’s the guy who selected the hopelessly conflicted Mueller – best friend of key witness James Comey, and a running buddy of Rosenstein’s to boot – to investigate the whole Trump/Russia fantasy in the first place. Plus, he was working as a U.S. Attorney under Obama AG Eric Holder during the time period in which the Uranium One scandal took place, and has his own potential conflicts related to the matter.
- No, this is a decision Mr. Sessions must make himself, and a formal request for a special counsel from the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee carries with it a weight that will be hard to ignore. It really is long past time for Jeff Sessions to do his job.
- Speaking of Jeff Sessions doing his job, his Justice Department on Wednesday did lift its long-standing gag order that has prevented a supposed key witness in the Uranium One money laundering scheme to testify before congressional committees investigating the scandal. In a statement, DOJ spokesman Ian Prior said the the informant was authorized to disclose to the congressional leaders of three committees “any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market, including but not limited to anything related to Vadim Mikerin, Rosatom, Tenex, Uranium One, or the Clinton Foundation.”
- This scandal, suppressed successfully by the Obama Justice Department for seven long years, is now taking on a life of its own, and Senator Grassley, with his well-earned reputation for impartiality, has become the key player. Once Grassley weighed in with his request to DOJ, it made the scandal impossible for Democrats and RINOs like Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr to contain. After spending the last 10 months helping to facilitate the Democrat/news media Trump/Russia collusion fantasy play, even Mr. Burr will be forced to start taking a serious look at all the massive wrongdoing and lawlessness that took place during the Obama Administration. Thus, we can expect other Obama-era scandals like the thousands of unwarranted unmasking requests by senior officials and the real progeny of the fake Trump Dossier to become the subject of more intense scrutiny by congressional committees.
- The dam on Clinton/Obama corruption has burst, and we can thank Senator Grassley for having yanked all the RINO fingers out of the dike.
Just another day in the Worm is Finally Turning America.
That is all.