Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Pyong Yang ain’t the kind of place to raise your kids… – The fake journalists in the fake news media will never give him credit for it, but President Donald Trump has successfully issued one of his famous linguistic kill shots at the Crazy Little Fat Guy in North Korea. The President started using “Rocket Man” as is nickname for the NORK dictator last week, and according to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, by Monday everyone at the UN General Assembly was using the demeaning moniker as well.
- “It worked,” she said, when asked about it by a clearly verklempt George Stephanopolous on Good Morning America, “I was talking to a president of an African country yesterday, and he actually cited ‘Rocket Man’ back to me… This is a way of getting people to talk about him, but every other international community is now referring to him as ‘Rocket Man.'”
- The linguistic kill shot is a Donald Trump specialty, one we saw him use time and time again to dispatch opponents during his presidential run. Who can forget his killing Jeb! Bush and his $200 million war chest in one of the early primary debates by calling him “low energy”? Carly Fiorina became a “robot,” Ben Carson was “too nice,” Marco Rubio was “sweaty” and “Little Marco,” Ted Cruz was “Lyin’ Ted.” Every time a major challenger arose, the verbal kill shot having something to do with their physical characteristics or character came, the voters internalized it and the challenger fell to the wayside.
- In the general election, Hillary Clinton first became “Crooked Hillary,” something most Americans already knew about her but had never heard said by one of her opponents, and then Trump began questioning her “stamina”. That latter kill shot came just before Ms. Clinton was filmed collapsing while trying to get into her van following a 9/11 ceremony in New York City, and voters understood then what Trump meant.
- The Kill Shot was crucial in the campaign, and it is also important at the UN. It is much easier for despots who dominate third world countries to continue to lend support to a nutjob like Kim Jong Un when everyone keeps referring to him in formal diplomatic terms under the pretense that he is a legitimate “leader”. But it becomes much harder when everyone walking the halls at the UN headquarters is laughingly talking about and ridiculing the Rocket Man.
- Again, no one on the political left or in the fake news media will ever give him credit for it, but the linguistic kill shot is a big part of the President’s genius, and a big factor why he is where he is today. We can anticipate much more usage of this tool in next year’s midterm elections, and if the GOP leaders in congress don’t get something big done on Obamacare or taxes, some of those kill shots will be directed at them, and deservedly so.
- If you watch “The View”, you are living a sad and depressing life, part 7,352 – Naturally, the ‘ladies’ on “The View” had the most idiotic take possible on the “Rocket Man” kill shot, with both Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar claiming the President was making a phallic reference in using it. There are so many mean things I could say about this coming from these particular ladies, but I am going to exercise a little self-restraint for once.
- Watch out! George is gonna get angry! – If you want a bunch of good laughs this morning, go take a look at the clips of MSNBC fake host Lawrence O’Donnell going absolutely berserk at his staff during commercial breaks while taping the August 29 episode of his fake talk show. We’ve always known that O’Donnell was a raving lunatic, and these outtakes prove it beyond all doubt. Warning: lots and lots of profanity involved.
- The Apocalypse is always just around the corner… – The Sun reports that “A mass extinction which wipes out humanity will be underway by the year 2100, scientists have claimed.” Because, you know, science or something.
Just another day in linguistic kill shot America.
That is all.