Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- You know, it would be easier to have more sympathy for these DACA recipients if we didn’t keep seeing photos and videos of them shooting the finger while holding up profanity-laced, anti-American signs all over social media. They sort of go against the Democrat/fake news media narrative that these are all just wonderful, smart, patriotic “children” who want to stay in the only country they’ve ever known.
- In reality, most of them aren’t “children” at all. Per U.S. government data from 2014, more than half of DACA applicants that year were over the age of 20. While no one appears to be able to discover the average age of all 800,000 DACA qualifiers in the country – the government obviously wants to keep that a secret since it agitates against the Democrat/fake news media narrative – the best estimates are that it is somewhere around 25-26 years old. Go figure.
- Indeed, even the Democrats/media get their narrative confused on the issue constantly, as they alternately pretend that these are just poor, helpless children, or are doctors, scientists and member of the U.S. military. “Children” do not hold such jobs.
- Newsweek reports that a recent Center for American Progress study conducted among 3,000 DACA recipients found that fully 9/10ths of the respondents said they are employed, and that their average wage is $17.46 per hour. Again, “children” do not sport such statistics.
- Then there is the myth that applicants for DACA benefits have to file their applications before they reach the age of 16. I saw at least 3 different leftists spout this myth on cable TV on Tuesday. The fact is that, while DACA applicants must have been brought to the U.S. by their illegal alien parents before they reached the age of 16 in order to qualify, they have until the not-so-childlike age of 31 to get their applications in.
- Here’s the truth about DACA: It is an unconstitutional mess created by Barack Obama in an effort to placate the immigration activist segment of the Democrat voter base during the 2012 campaign against Mitt Romney. It was a cynical move by Obama, who publicly acknowledged on dozens of occasions the did not have the power to change immigration law via executive order. But knowing the he didn’t have to worry about any critical coverage by the fake news media, he did it anyway, allowing these 800,000 illegal immigrants to cling to a “legal” status that has no real basis in the law. This is what Democrats refer to as “compassion.”
- Faced with having to try to defend this unconstitutional atrocity in federal court, Attorney General Jeff Sessions correctly advised President Trump to rescind the clearly illegal order, and put the ball in congress’s court, where it has always belonged. Surely, fake Republicans like John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake can come to some sort of consensus deal with enough senate Democrats to get a fix done in the next six months, right?
- Well, don’t just jump to that conclusion. It is not at all clear that the Democrat Party really wants to make this change to immigration law in a way that would withstand constitutional scrutiny. After all, the Democrats had near-super majority status in both houses of congress in 2009-10, and Barack Obama in the White House, and did not lift a finger or spend a moment of time trying to address what they now tearfully claim is an issue of compassion and decency.
- Instead, the Democrats focused all of their efforts on nationalizing 1/6th of the U.S. economy through Obamacare, in hopes that the Saul Alinsky principle that if you control people’s healthcare, you control their votes would hold true. That sure has worked out well for them, given that their party lost more than 1,110 seats in congress and state legislatures from 2010 through 2016.
- On Tuesday, President Trump did what any real president should do: he rescinded a clearly illegal order by his predecessor and told congress to do its damn job. While we all know what a crap shoot that is, it is the way this stuff is supposed to work. When they aren’t shooting the finger at some random camera, the DREAMers make for a sympathetic interest group, but they are not above the law.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.