Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Justice Department announced late Saturday that it was sending in the feds to conduct an investigation into potential civil rights violations amid all the violence that took place in Charlottesville, earlier that day. The big question is, whose civil rights were violated? Let’s review the events of the day:
- You had a properly permitted demonstration by a bunch of white supremacist dimwits that took place without violence;
- Until, that is, those dimwits were set upon by a bunch of Antifa and Black Lives Matters agitators who were not properly permitted;
- Violent clashes took place when law enforcement officials were reportedly ordered by Democrat officeholders not to try to prevent them, exactly as happened earlier in the year in Berkeley;
- After the white supremacist dimwits had been dispersed, one of them decided to commit murder by driving his car into a pack of the leftist agitators, most of whom were white;
- The one leftist killed by the idiot was also white.
- So, whose civil rights were violated in Charlottesville on Saturday? As detestable as they are, the white supremacists did have a legal permit for their repugnant demonstrations. Violence only broke out when they were set upon by an obviously orchestrated, non-permitted group of leftist thugs. The murderer made no racial distinction about who he attempted to kill, and killed only a fellow white person.
- If the Justice Department investigators want to properly do their jobs, they might want to start by investigating the leftwing political activist Mayor of Charlottesville and VA Governor Terry McAuliffe, and determine which of them ordered the police to stand down and allow the non-permitted leftwing agitators to assault the white supremacists. It is, after all, a felony for any official to knowingly make a decision that causes any protesters to be violently assaulted while in the exercise of their first amendment rights. The investigators might also want to determine which Soros-funded leftist group it was that organized and paid those leftist agitators to be there on Saturday. Other than those things, it’s really hard to see, based on the information in the public domain thus far, what other “civil rights” violations might have taken place in Charlottesville on Saturday.
- Carrying tiki torches and nazi flags, and chanting idiotic white power slogans is detestable for sure. It is also free speech protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution, and it is a federal crime to violently interfere with anyone’s right to exercise free speech.
- I will no doubt be attacked and accuse of all sorts of false things for writing this, but if we aren’t willing to stand up for the protection of free speech and peaceful assembly in this country, then we soon won’t have a country.
- The Mooch turns media moocher. – The Mooch is back, and he’s cashing in, folks, obviously trying to take full advantage of his 15 minutes – make that 10 days – of fame, and the fake news media is perfectly willing to play host to the comeback, as long as he’s critical of only the ‘right’ people. Those people, of course, include White House Chief Strategy Advisor, Steve Bannon, but do not include National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster or any of the career Obama loyalists who still infest the White House staff.
- During his interview with fake anchor and longtime Clinton toady George Stephanopolous, The Mooch identified only one senior advisor by name as being a negative influence on the President, and that was Bannon, who has been the main White House target of the fake news media since Inauguration Day. The Mooch identified Bannon as a likely source of many of the leaks that have come out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. since January – which is a very common assumption, and not really news at all – and predicted that he’d be removed by new Chief of Staff John Kelly soon.
- As long as The Mooch toes this party line, and doesn’t criticize McMaster or any of the media’s sacred cows in the White House, he’ll be a golden boy, and we’ll be seeing a ton of him on network TV in the coming weeks and months. After all, with Senator From The News Media John McCain out of action, there is a ton of fake Republican air time to be filled, and the networks and CNN can only go to the Lindsey Graham well so many times. The Mooch’s next stop, in fact, is tonight on CBS’s The Late Show, where he will be interviewed by Trump-hater Stephen Colbert. If he gives Colbert enough red meat about Bannon, he’ll be on MSNBC with Chris Matthews by Wednesday.
- Pretty soon, we’ll have to start calling him The Media Mooch. It’s a great gig if you’re willing to sell yourself out, and with a nickname like The Mooch, can there really be any doubt on that score?
Just another day in fading free speech America
That is all.