Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- What happened in Charlottesville, VA on Saturday should surprise no one. This was an inevitable outcome of this country’s lack of anything resembling an independent national news media. If anything, it’s surprising it took this long for such a tragedy to happen.
- For two years now, leftist agitators funded by George Soros-supported groups have been violently assaulting supporters of Donald Trump without a single word of objection or condemnation from any leader of the Democratic Party. Not a word. Worse, none of these “leaders” have been asked by anyone with any major national news outlet why they stand silently by as supporters of their political party engage in increasingly vile and violent protest actions. Not a single Democrat politician has been questioned by any “journalist” why they not only refuse to condemn such actions, but tacitly endorse them by proclaiming themselves to be participants in the “resistance”. Not a single “journalist” has asked any Democrat why they refuse to even condemn the rise of a neo-fascist group that calls itself “Antifa”, and which pays masked thugs to burn buildings, attack law enforcement officers and beat up anyone who disagrees with them.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe is one of those Democrat “leaders” who has proclaimed himself to be a part of the resistance. It should surprise no one that, armed with the knowledge that a bunch of ignorant redneck White Supremacist dimwits were coming to one of his state’s cities to stage a rally, McAuliffe looked the other way as the Soros groups bused in hundreds of paid Antifa and Black Lives Matter (also Soros funded) counter-protesters into the city.
- Guess what? Violence ensued. Lots of violence, as the police – no doubt on orders from Democrat politicians – made little effort to keep the violent leftist agitators separated from the ignorant redneck White Supremacists. People were beaten with fists. People were beaten with bats. People were sprayed with pepper spray. Police were assaulted, mainly by the Soros people (no surprise there).
- Then, once all the rednecks had finished with their “White Supremacistin’ ” – presumably because their tiki torches had burned out and their wife beater shirts had begun to reek – and dispersed, some idiot from Ohio decided to drive his Dodge Challenger into a group of counter-protesters, killing one and sending 19 more to the hospital.
- We will hear much talk in the news media in the coming days about the background of this guy, whose names is James Alex Fields, Jr. We’ll see every fake journalist at CNN and MSNBC and the broadcast networks do everything they can to tie him around the neck of President Trump, and Republicans in general, something they have steadfastly refused to do with the Democrats and their Antifa and Black Lives Matter troops.
- What we won’t hear much about is the fact that, as abhorrent as they are, the redneck dimwits had a valid permit to stage their rallies. It’s sad, but it is a reality in our free society that clown shows like these people get to stage peaceful rallies if properly permitted. That’s what the first amendment guarantees. When properly managed by local officials and law enforcement, there is no reason for anyone to get hurt.
- We also won’t hear that the Antifa and Black Lives Matters protesters had no such permit. We won’t see much, if any analysis of who it is that paid those counter-protesters to show up, who paid for the buses they arrived in. We won’t see much, if any analysis of the fact that the mayor of Charlottesville is himself a self-described “Democratic Activist” who was educated at…wait for it…Berkeley, whose campus was the scene of an Antifa-fed riot early this year. We won’t see anyone in the mainstream news media point out the reality that all of the violence that took place on Saturday could have been easily avoided had the Democratic public officials in charge of the situation done their jobs rather than actively encouraging the confrontations.
- It is because of the things we won’t see the media do in the wake of this tragedy – because we do not have a functioning, independent news media in this country that works to hold favored public officials accountable in any real sense – that we will see more and more Charlottesvilles repeated in other Democrat-run cities and states in the coming years
Just another reason to be thankful that Democrats only control 15 governor’s offices these days.
That is all.