Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Sen. From the News Media John McCain sent what may have been a final “f you” to the American people in the wee hours of the morning, joining quasi-Democrat Susan Collins and the flip-flopping Lisa Murkowski as the 3 GOP votes needed to kill the final effort to get an Obamacare reform bill passed out of the senate. A few minutes prior to casting his vote, Sen. McCain was seen yukking it up with Chuck Schumer on the Senate floor. No doubt they were sharing memories of all the previous times they had joined hands in efforts to screw the American people. Good times…good times…
- Anthony Scaramucci is either in waaaaaayyyyyyy over his head, or he is exactly the guy President Trump needed to bring in as a senior advisor to help clean out the swamp creatures who still infest the West Wing of the White House. I can’t really decide which option to believe about this guy, and yesterday’s hysterics did not inspire a lot of confidence. Not because of all the profanity – such discourse is the norm in DC – what disturbs me is his apparent naivete’ when dealing with leftwing fake journalists like Ryan Lizza at the New Yorker. After Lizza published his telephone tirade against Reince Preibus and Steve Bannon, Scaramucci claimed he thought their conversation was “off the record.” This displays a belief that he or any other person loyal to the President can actually trust one of these fake journalists to keep their word with them. So, in saying that he thought the conversation with Lizza was off the record, Scaramucci is either lying or reveals himself to be a babe in the woods when it comes to dealing with the snakes in the fake news media. Scaramucci can have his choice of those options, but neither one is good. Let’s hope he uses yesterday as a real learning experience.
- In his rant with Lizza, Scaramucci did promise that he was going to “fire 3-4 people” today. Given that dozens of Obama holdovers still work in the White House operation, that would represent a good start. Let’s hope it’s true.
- Fox News got a call from one White House worker who said ” “This is getting out of hand. I am honestly getting concerned for my safety in the office tomorrow.” Hopefully, this squeamish individual will one of the 3-4 staffers on the Scaramucci hit list today. If a few cusswords terrify you, you have no business advising this particular POTUS.
- As expected, the fake news media is doing its dead level best to cover up for Debbie Wasserman Schulz in the growing scandal related to her chief IT advisor’s arrest at Dulles Airport Tuesday. Imran Awan is accused of bank fraud after he was discovered taking out fraudulent loans and sending the funds to associates in Pakistan. Awan and several family members had worked for several dozen other congressional Democrats prior to the announcement weeks ago that the Capitol Police had opened an investigation into his and his family’s activities. Every Democrat except for Cong. Schulz had fired Awan shortly after that announcement, but Schulz mysteriously kept him on her payroll until the day after his arrest, and has taken aggressive action to impede the investigation.
- If that seems like a real news story to you, well, it doesn’t seem that way to ABC and NBC, who have not aired a single second of reporting on the scandal. CBS devoted a full 37 seconds to it on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the Washington Post managed to publish a 420-word report on the matter without mentioning Cong. Schulz or the word “Democrats” a single time. No major media outlet other than Fox News has mentioned the fact that Mr. Awan is represented by an attorney who is a long-time Clinton toady. Because that’s what fake journalists do.
- Meanwhile, the House Judiciary Committee announced that it is finally, at long last, allocating resources to investigate the leaking activities of James Comey and the obstruction activities by Loretta Lynch in the Hillary Clinton email investigation last year. Naturally, the vote to proceed was strictly along party lines, with no Democrats in support.
Just another day DC Swamp insanity America.
That is all.