Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Hey, remember when campus Social Justice Warriors, the Texas news media and the management at UT-Austin claimed that the implementation of Texas’s new “Campus Carry” law would be a disaster and lead to all sorts of death, violence, and just general mayhem? Yeah, predictably, that didn’t happen. UT reported yesterday that, in the year since the law went into effect, its’ campus police have had to investigate just 4 gun-related incidents on campus (Oklahoma’s football team alone averages more than that per semester), and just 1 of those incidents could even theoretically be somehow tied to the new law. That single incident came when a grad student, posing for a photo for the campus newspaper The Daily Texan, lifted his shirt to reveal the pistol he was legally carrying. Because the gun was no longer “concealed” when he briefly lifted his shirt, some campus snowflake called the campus cops and fled to his safe space. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- Social Justice Warriors have also tossed a fit in recent days due to the fact that the movie “Dunkirk” – which apparently does a great job of portraying the famous WWII Battle of Dunkirk – doesn’t have enough women and people of color in its cast. Another legacy of our nation’s refusal to teach recent generations anything about history – someone needs to inform these simpletons that almost everyone who fought and died at Dunkirk was – gasp! – a white male. The same is true of most – but not all – of the famous battles of WWII fought by British and U.S. forces. Can someone please put these SJW nitwits in a remedial history program?
- After 9 illegal immigrants tragically died from heat exposure in the back of a large truck in San Antonio over the weekend, liberals and their fake news media agents speculated that this just had to have happened because of President Trump’s new policy of actually enforcing immigration laws. The trouble with this argument is that, during the George W. Bush era of open borders in 2003, 19 illegal immigrants suffered the exact same fate in the back of another large truck in Victoria, Texas. Folks, the ranches of deep south Texas are littered with the bodies of illegal immigrants who have died from overexposure to heat, starvation, lack of water and from being shot by the “coyotes” who smuggle them into the country. Perhaps the real problem here is the thoughtless scofflaw policies followed by craven liberal leaders of the nation’s “sanctuary cities”, which serve as beacons of false hope for those who wish to enter the country illegally. But hey, that thought process is logical, and thus could never be followed by anyone on the American left or in our fake national news media.
- With Republicans like Richard Burr, who needs Democrats? – North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, who tragically chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, said the following to CNN when questioned about the refusal of Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice to testify: “The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I’ll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened. But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it’s not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it.” Honestly, why even bother to try fix our government anymore, if this is the attitude of the supposed “good guys”? A pox on all their houses.
- With Democrats like this, who needs fascists? – NY City’s “man of the people,” i.e., commie/Democrat Mayor Bill DeBlasio reportedly had a subway train cleared of the homeless people who normally occupy it so that he could take a photo-op ride on it and declare that it and the train station it was rolling into “looks clean.” Aren’t these Democrats just wonderful people?
- Finally, some drug dealer in South Florida named David Blackmon became so distraught after his huge stash of cocaine was stolen from his car – along with $50 in cash – that he did the only logical thing anyone named David Blackmon would do: He phoned 911, and was promptly tossed in the slammer. I swear it’s not me, although he is a handsome devil.
Just another day in Unfortunate Namesakes America.
That is all.
Photo credit: Redstate.com