Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The whole “CalExit” secession movement might be dead for the time being, but California’s radical leftist political class remains intent on separating their state from the rest of the U.S. in every way imaginable. Despite being so near insolvency that Governor Jerry Brown has had to beg the federal government for massive monetary assistance no fewer than four times during the first half of 2017, the state’s Attorney General, the execrable Xavier Becerra, announced on Friday that he was adding four more states to California’s own travel ban. This travel ban prevents state employees from traveling to other states in the union which have implemented policies with which California’s lunatic public officials don’t agree. The ban list now applies to 8 states, including Texas, which sets up an interesting test case when football season begins in September. San Jose State is currently scheduled to travel to Austin that month to get its collective ass whipped by the Texas Longhorns. The problem here is that the Spartans’ coaching staff are all state employees. It will be interesting to see how the team fares, playing a game against a superior opponent with no coaches on the sideline.
- In other lamebrain California policymaker news, the Democrat plan to implement a Canadian-style single-payer healthcare system was finally pulled by the Assembly Speaker on Friday, ending a farce everyone knew was doomed to fail. Seems it’s kind of hard for a state that already sports a massive annual budget deficit to come up with the $400 billion it would take to fund such a system on an annual basis. Yes, that’s “Billion” – it’s not a typo.
- Finally, Democrats in Los Angeles are considering a proposal to re-name Rodeo Drive “Barack Obama Boulevard”. You know Rodeo Drive, right – that famous street where preening leftwing hucksters sell gaudy, over-hyped products for insanely high prices? Hey, sounds just like ObamaCare! How fitting is that?
- The University of Texas and the Texas Tribune released a new poll pretending to show Donald Trump is highly unpopular in the Lone Star State. The poll doesn’t make its sampling method public, but it does break down its findings between Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Doing a little extrapolating seems to show that the pollsters surveyed more Democrats than they did Republicans. This would have been an appropriate sample breakdown in 1990, the last time Democrats dominated an election in Texas. The last time the voters of Texas elected a single Democrat in a statewide election was 1994. Just another #fakepoll. Sad to see it coming from UT.
- Meanwhile, in our nation’s capital, the Democrats’ “Russia Collusion” fantasy play has become so toxic to voters that many Democrat members of congress are banding together to try to force San Fran Nan, Cryin’ Chuckie Schumer and the rest of the Democrat congressional leadership to stop even talking about it. These Democrats actually want and expect their leaders to talk about real issues instead. Hilarious. That’s like expecting your dog to quit eating its own vomit. Not gonna happen.
Just another day in lunatic Democrat America.
That is all.