Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Oh, noes! Not Nancy! – San Fran Nan, defending herself from a rising movement to replace her as House Minority Leader in the wake of Tuesday’s humiliating loss in Georgia’s HD 6, held a bumbling, stumbling, mumbling press conference on Thursday. During the presser, she repeated herself constantly, flailed about for words, and finally blurted out the following: “I always, always, always quote Martin Luther King in so many ways. But in this score, he said, Dr. Mar— he said, the ballot, the ballot, the ballot, legislation, legislation, legislation, your life, your life, your life.” Trouble is, Dr. King never said any such thing. But then, she’s a Democrat, so she’ll be protected by Joe and Mika this morning.
- The thing is, he’s right. – Noting the perils of Pelosi, President Trump hit Twitter with the following: “I certainly hope the Democrats do not force Nancy P out. That would be very bad for the Republican Party – and please let Cryin’ Chuck stay!” Of course, the President is right about Ms. Pelosi’s value to the GOP – she is the Republicans’ easiest and most toxic target for congressional candidates to run against in about 3/4ths of the country. If the Ds were to replace her with someone with a more “moderate” image – though with the same radical leftist policy priorities – like Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan, they would take that easy target away from the Rs. Then again, it would be a very simple thing to replace San Fran Nan’s mug with that of the equally repugnant and toxic Chuck Schumer in those GOP ads. As he so often does, President Trump managed to sum up a fairly complex matter in a 140 character Tweet.
- She’s about to start making people offers they can’t refuse. – In any event, taking down a sitting Majority Leader of either party in the midst of a congressional session is no easy thing. San Fran Nan functions like a Mafia don, raising and distributing tons of money among her capo regimes, doling out favors, collecting chits, rewarding those who are loyal with powerful positions, punishing anyone who crosses her. Martin Scorsese could make a bang-up movie about her rise to power and her decade as the party’s leader in the House. Those Democrats who are now organizing an effort to overthrow her had better start checking under the covers for severed horse’s heads before they climb into bed.
- Hey Jake Tapper, you’ve been TrumpTrolled! – In other news, President Trump ended his two month-long Twitter trolling of James Comey and the fake news media, issuing a Tweet in which he admitted he never taped any conversations with our bi-polar former FBI Director. This naturally caused great outrage among all the fake journalists in the fake press corps, as they watched their dreams of another opportunity to claim “it’s Watergate all over again!” fly out the windows of their sad little cubicles.
- And right on cue, now that he believes there are no recordings of his conversations with President Trump, Mr. Comey and his wife were spotted by the Daily Mail’s Jennifer Smith strolling into the NYTimes Building. We should expect to see another “bombshell” scandal report out of the fake journalists at the fake newspaper of record, based entirely on some mysterious “anonymous source” within the next 48 hours. As we now know, this is how Mr. Comey has always functioned.
- Finally, here’s another reason to expect a new anonymously-sourced “bombshell” from either the NYTimes or the WaPo over the weekend: After a couple of months in which the fakenews scandal-mongers at All-Russia-All-the-time MSNBC had led in the prime time ratings, Fox News has now re-taken the top spot that it had held continuously for more than a decade, as the public becomes increasingly aware that the whole Russia Collusion canard is just a Democrat fantasy. These ratings are proof that the public has moved on, even if MSNBC and CNN haven’t.
Just another day in Scrambling Nancy Pelosi America.
That is all.