Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Anonymous sources everywhere, but never a one to believe.: Fox News reports this morning that an anonymous source “familiar with the situation” has told their reporter that Jared Kushner did not in fact raise the idea of opening a back channel of communication with Russian officials last December, contrary to all the fake reports all over the fake news media the last few days, reports that were also based solely on anonymous sources. The subject was, according to Fox’s anonymous source, actually broached by Russian officials, and would have resulted in a single telephone conversation regarding the Obama Administration’s atrocious, utter failure of a Syria policy, not a permanent back channel, as the NYTimes and WaPo have claimed. So whose anonymous source is to be believed – the ones that resulted in the Weekly World News-like, sensationalist reports in the Times and Post, or the one that results in what sounds like a far more likely scenario at Fox News? In today’s America, the lines of belief will no doubt break down largely along partisan lines.
- Today’s Required Reading.: Kurt Schlichter pens a fantastic piece at Townhall.com titled, “Liberals Are Shocked To Find We’re Starting To Hate Them Right Back.” Seriously, just read it. You’ll be glad you did.
- That’s the way it has always been for communists in America.: In a rare bit of real news at its site, Politico has a report out about how tough it is for Bernie Sanders supporters these days, as it seems that his supporters are finding it darn near impossible to capture actual levers of power, even within the commie-friendly confines of the Democrat Party. Gosh, I just feel so, so bad for these people, victims as they are of their own brand of nitwittery.
- Still prosecuting the last war after all these years…: Terry Frei, a sports reporter for the Denver Post, was fired within two hours of the end of the Indy 500, after he tweeted that he is “uncomfortable” that a Japanese driver had won the race on Memorial Day. Some will moan about the Post’s cow-towing to the Gods of political correctness, but dang, man, World War II ended 72 years ago. Can’t we all just get along at long last? Holy cow.
- But hey, WWIII could be just around the corner, if John McCain gets his way.: The Senator From The News Media, in an interview with the Australian Broadcasting Company, said that “[Vladimir] Putin is a bigger threat than ISIS.” The tirelessly warmongering Senator was unfortunately not asked by the interviewer where he would place himself in that same ranking, but most informed observers would put him way up there.
- That escalated quickly.: When Texas Republican state representative Matt Rinaldi called ICE after he was threatened by some in a very large and loud group of pro-sanctuary city protesters who had gathered in the state capitol building while the legislature was in session, Democratic state rep. Pancho Navarez threatened to kill him. This is what the Democrat Party of today refers to as peaceful debate of the issues.
- Meanwhile, in the realm of winning…: While the Democrats and the fake news media continue their tireless efforts to distract the American people from reality, the Trump Administration keeps on winning, systematically erasing huge chunks of the Obama “legacy”, such as it is. This includes progress on building the promised wall along the southern border, where, as the DC Examiner reports, planning is well underway, contracts are being bid out, and there is, despite fake media reports to the contrary, plenty of money in the budget to start construction.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.