Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Heads exploded all over the fake news media last night over a Reuters report that, in a conversation with the President (i.e., Dictator) of the Phillipines, President Trump “revealed” the fact that the U.S. has two nuclear submarines somewhere in the general vicinity of North Korea: “We have a lot of fire power over there. We have two nuclear submarines, not that we want to use them.” The fake journalists who are trying to brainwash you want you to believe that this is the revelation of some deep, dark secret, right? Right. Trouble is, these two subs made a very, very well-advertised port of call in the general vicinity of North Korea just a few weeks ago.
- As a friend who knows about such things reminded me last night, this is called “projection of power”, a tactic designed to let the Crazy Little Fat Guy who rules North Korea know that we’re keeping a very close eye on him. It’s been pretty effective, too, since we haven’t heard much out of the Crazy Little Fat Guy – who just a few weeks ago was widely reported to be about to lead the world into WWIII – recently, have we? We should not expect the abject ignoramuses who infest our fake news media to understand any of this, of course, but that doesn’t mean we should let our heads to explode, too.
- He’s got my vote.: Montana Republican congressional candidate Greg Gianforte was accused of body-slamming a fake reporter with the U.K Guardian who barged uninvited into an event yesterday, on the eve of the vote to fill the seat vacated by new Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. Americans all over the nation found themselves wishing they lived in Montana just so they could help Mr. Gianforte win.
- Today’s Required Reading.: There Remains No Evidence Of Trump-Russia Collusion. Seriously, just read it. It will make you smarter and better-informed than you were before. Promise.
- But doggone it, people like him!: Ed Morrissey reports that Minnesota Senator Al Franken has ruled out running for the presidency in 2020. He has apparently decided he isn’t good enough or smart enough.
- Writing in the NY Post, Maureen Callahan describes the problem MSNBC has on its hands with notorious serial fabricator Brian Williams: “Pre-election, the left-leaning MSNBC had been planning to pivot to hard news. Post-Trump, they’ve doubled down on punditry, to their great advantage. It’s hard to believe that not one executive is mulling their greatest contradiction: How can they employ an anchor known for pomposity, grandiosity and lies while decrying these very traits in the American president?” Well, hey, this is after all the same cable channel that has employed the likes of Al Sharpton, Keith Olberman, Larry O’Donnell and Andrea Mitchell. So, no problem at all.
- If her name was Trump lefties everywhere would be screaming about obstruction of justice. And they’d have a point.: The terminally vapid Debbie Wasserman Schulz was caught on camera threatening a police chief for collecting evidence related to her IT staffer’s alleged crimes. Oddly, none of the fake journalists in the fake news media accused the former DNC chair of any sort of misbehavior at all. Funny how that works.
- Whew! That was close.: Speaking to graduates of the Harvard Kennedy School, former Secretary of State Lurch, er, John Kerry, the architect of the very worst international agreement in American history with the Mullahs in Iran, told the audience that “this is not a normal time” for America. Well, color me relieved then.
Just another day in projection of power America.
That is all.