- Today’s Required Reading: George Soros, that evil old leftist radical who funds Black Lives Matter and other U.S. leftist violent protest groups, essentially owns the Democratic Party, and who has played such a large role in the flooding of Europe with Muslim immigrants, is now buying up district attorneys around the country. Great report on his latest efforts to destroy the free world here.
- Can we get the WaPo and NYTimes to quit making stuff up about Comey now?: Guy Benson, one of the handful of real journalists still working in Washington DC today, posted video on Twitter yesterday from James Comey’s May 3 sworn testimony to congress. In response to a question, Mr. Comey clearly and unequivocally states that no one in the Trump or any other administration, not the President or anyone else, has ever asked him to stop any investigation, ever. Period. In response, the WaPo and NYTimes issued several more made-up stories about Comey based on nothing but unidentified, anonymous “sources”. Because that’s all they know to do anymore.
- Cats everywhere are cringing in fear…: The Daily Mail reports that officials in China have banned the selling and consuming of dog meat at the nation’s annual Yulin festival, at which dog meat has traditionally been the dish of choice. The government is not planning to ban the killing and serving of any other types of animals that people in the Western world tend to name and treat like family members these days. I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- If this surprises you, you just don’t understand the real ability of House Republicans to screw up any one car parade.: It was revealed yesterday that House Speaker Paul Ryan hasn’t actually sent the much-vaunted Obamacare repeal and replace bill to the Senate yet. Why? Because he’s afraid he may have to put the matter up for another vote, depending on how the score from the Congressional Budget Office turns out. Next time someone tells you Donald Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing, refer that person to Paul Ryan.
- Meanwhile, in an obvious effort to change the subject and calm the financial markets, Ryan and House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady started talking about their tax reform effort again, holding a meeting with business leaders from around the country. Can’t wait to see how many times they’re planning to hold votes on that one.
- They’re just “leaving”. Get it?: The fake journalists at The Atlantic filed a report titled “American Trees Are Moving West And No One Knows Why”. Naturally, the fake reporter quotes fake climate scientists who state with all certainty that climate change – which is responsible for everything from acid indigestion to thinning hair on desert jumping rats – accounts for “no more than 20%” of this mysterious tree migration. Seriously, you have to read this story to believe it.
- Tired of winning yet?: ICE reports that arrests of illegal immigrants at the southern border are up by 40% this year over the same period in 2016. As reported earlier, the agency also estimates that total illegal border crossings are down by more than 75% in the same year-over-year measure. If we could count on the next Democrat elected to the presidency to continue to simply enforce U.S. immigration law, no fence would be necessary. Unfortunately, we all know we can’t count on any such thing.
Just another day in winning despite the fake news media America.
That is all.