- She hasn’t heard that thing about glass houses.: GOP Senator Joni Ernst told an audience on Wednesday that President Trump’s frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida bother not only her, but other members of the Republican caucus. “I do wish he would spend more time in Washington, D.C. That’s what we have the White House for.” It should be noted that Sen. Ernst said this as she and her fellow members of the do-nothing congress are in the midst of the least-deserved 2-week vacation in American history, and also in the midst of a month in which congress is only in session for 8 days. But hey, they’re working 12 days in May, so that makes it all better. One would think that, as a colonel in the U.S. Army, Ms. Ernst would possess a keener sense of self-awareness.
- The other 11% was Fox News.: The Media Research Center published a report showing that 89% of the fake news media coverage of President Trump thus far has been negative in nature. Frankly, I’m surprised it is that low.
- Speaking of media coverage, you won’t be getting it from Bill O’Reilly anymore. Mr. O’Reilly was jettisoned by Fox News on Wednesday due to an array of sexual harassment allegations against him. Mr. O’Reilly denies the charges, and claims that he has chosen to pay out more than $13 million in settlements of similar claims in the past simply to buy peace. Whatever. If he is innocent, then shame on Fox News. If he’s guilty then shame on him, and good riddance. And for the rest of us, men and women alike, if you still haven’t figured in the year 2017 that that kind of boorish behavior has no place in your work place, then you need to be gone as well. It really is that simple.
- She should be placed on the Endangered Species List.: Noted feminist writer Camile Paglia, one of the few honest left-wing leaders in the world today, told an audience at a NYTimes-sponsored panel discussion that President Trump is on his way to being re-elected already, and that “the Democrats have overplayed their hand.” Interestingly, she repeatedly referred to the Democrat Party and the fake news media as a single, unified entity in her remarks, which are linked here. Like I said, she’s honest.
- They just can’t help themselves. Faking the news is in their genes.: Speaking of the fake NYTimes, its fake editors chose to fake up a photo comparison between the New England Patriots’ attendance at a 2015 celebratory meeting with then-President Obama and yesterday’s attendance by the team and staff with President Trump. They did this only because 2017 photo appeared to show much smaller attendance. But the Patriot organization itself corrected the error, tweeting that “These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn.” Those seated on the South Lawn do not show up in the 2017 photo. #Fakenews, defined, by the fake newspaper of record.
- If you like your #fakenews early, tune in to CBS.: But the NY Times is far, far from the only reliable source of unreliable, fake news. Heat Street reveals that CBS Morning News fake host Gayle King, who gave Barack Obama a stream of softball interviews over the last 8 years, has spent recent days vacationing with the Obamas in French Polynesia. FYI, it will be a cold day in hell when Gayle King is caught vacationing with anyone named Trump.
Just another day in Fake News Media America.
That is all.