Some thoughts about the events of the past week:
- The ongoing demonization of House Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes by the fake news media and Democrat Party is classic Saul Alinsky tactics (Rule 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.). They see someone getting to the heart of a scandal that will ultimately cause great harm to the leftist cause, and so they demonize the messenger. There is absolutely nothing wrong in any action Nunes has taken in getting accurate, truthful information out regarding the Obama Administration’s blatant surveillance of the Trump campaign and transition team, and the illegal unmasking of General Mike Flynn and several others that resulted from that activity. Thus, having no way to refute the information Nunes has revealed, the fake media and Democrats focus on the messenger and the process in an effort to convince the public that that is the “real” issue at hand. It isn’t.
- Nunes must not resign or be removed from his chairmanship. If either happens, the fake media/Democrat strategy wins, and it will continued to be deployed against others so long as it is effective. We can likely trust Nunes to stand firm; but, can we trust Speaker Paul Ryan to do the same? That’s a perilous question.
- On the Senate side, watch Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley and his efforts to get our bi-polar FBI Director, James Comey, to release information regarding a Feb. 28 WaPo story that alleged that the FBI actually was paying the British intelligence agent who concocted the false “dossier” about then-candidate Donald Trump. Grassley issued a letter demanding information on the matter on March 6, which has been stone-walled by the FBI. So he issued a second letter this past week. The Senate hearings on this matter – which if true, should result in the removal of Comey and anyone else who was involved in constructing that false dossier – will be fascinating. Naturally, the fake news media has held a virtual blackout on reporting on this story. But they can’t ignore it forever.
- As well, the Evelyn Farkas matter is key. She went on record admitting that the Obama Administration did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and transition, and shared classified intelligence far and wide. Her denial this past week was weak and a transparent effort to do damage control. If she is not called by the House and Senate Intel Committees to testify under oath, then people should demand to know why.
- Also, pay attention to this story: Fox New’s Adam Housley reported on Saturday that he has spoken with multiple sources inside U.S. intelligence agencies who confirm that the Obama spying on Trump began “before Trump was the GOP nominee,” and that “The person who did the unmasking is “very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI.” John Brennan and James Clapper come immediately to mind as the prime candidates here.
The bottom line is this: The real story in all of this is that, for the better part of a year, we had a sitting presidential administration spying on the campaign of the other party’s candidate, all while the sitting President was actively out campaigning for his own party’s candidate. That is an abuse of power so extraordinary and stunning that it makes Richard Nixon look like a 4th grader playing tiddly winks. If the proof of this is ultimately made fully public, many Obama officials and probably media personalities will go to prison for a long time.
Congressional Democrats and those in the intel community who were involved know that that is the real story, and are continuing to pound on the fantasy “Trump/Russia” collusion nonsense, along with the “process” deflection about Devin Nunes as their means of deflecting media and public attention from the real story. Naturally, the fake news media goes along with the deflection in keeping with its willing role as the publicity arm of the Democratic Party.
Everything the Democrats and fake news media are doing here is classic Saul Alinsky 101. If they are able to prevail and prevent the truth from seeing the light of day, our country is well and truly doomed.
That is all.