Today’s Campaign Update (Because the Campaign Never Ends)
Is the U.S. Intelligence Community suddenly waking up under its new leadership? – While Democrats and the corrupt national news media apparatus desperately scramble to try to blame President Trump for the Wuhan Virus, the U.S. IC – under the guidance of Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell – was keeping itself busy producing a new report for the President.
To the surprise of no one who has actually been paying attention, that new report – apparently delivered to the White House last week – finds that the communist government of China has been lying to the world about COVID-19, most recently about the laughably dishonest statistics it has been publishing.
From a Bloomberg report on the matter:
China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.
The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and they declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.
Oh, you don’t say. But wait, there’s more!
Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to the outbreak, said Tuesday that China’s public reporting influenced assumptions elsewhere in the world about the nature of the virus.
“The medical community made — interpreted the Chinese data as: This was serious, but smaller than anyone expected,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday. “Because I think probably we were missing a significant amount of the data, now that what we see happened to Italy and see what happened to Spain.”
China isn’t the only country with suspect public reporting. Western officials have pointed to Iran, Russia, Indonesia and especially North Korea, which has not reported a single case of the disease, as probable under-counts. Others including Saudi Arabia and Egypt may also be playing down their numbers.
Shocking, I know.
So, let’s review here:
– China spent two months in November and December intentionally pretending nothing was going on in Wuhan Province while 10,000 of its citizens were traveling into the U.S. every day, and thousands more were traveling to other parts of the world;
– China’s refusal to inform the rest of the world for all that time ensured that what could have easily been limited to an isolated epidemic in Wuhan ended up becoming a global pandemic that will cost the world economy many trillions of dollars and possibly end up causing a major economic depression;
– China continued to lie to the global community after the outbreak became public in January, lying along with the sleazeballs at the World Health Organization that the Wuhan Virus could not be transmitted by human-to-human contact;
– This trench of lies led the U.S. and many other countries into a false sense of security, delaying the implementation of preventive measures like staying at home and social distancing;
– Indeed, a study released last week found that 95% of the global outbreak could have been prevented had the ChiCom government reported the actual facts about the virus in December rather than lying about it all until late February;
– The ChiComs kept lying about it when their health minister tried to claim in early March that the Wuhan Virus had actually been imported to that province by U.S. soldiers, a despicable falsehood that President Trump refused to let them get away with despite the best efforts of CNN, PBS and other corrupt media outlets to promote it;
– Throughout March, it became increasingly obvious that the ChiComs were continuing to lie about their actual confirmed cases and death toll, and that is the set of lies that this report from the U.S. IC detailed for President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force late last week.
Bottom line: China caused this pandemic through its lying, perpetuated it through its extended lying, and China is still lying about the extent of the outbreak in its own country today. There simply must be some consequences for this behavior once this virus has been controlled by the global community.
A good start would be for the U.S. to simply cancel its obligation under the $1.2 trillion to $2 trillion in U.S. government debt currently held by the ChiCom government. That is a tiny fraction of what this utter mendacity by the ChiComs is going to end up costing our nation, but it would be a good and appropriate start towards a true accounting.
If we had a GOP majority in the House of Representatives, a good way to follow that would be for congress to implement new laws limiting the ability of any company based in or doing business in the U.S. to have any segment of its supply chain sourced in China. If this beastly incident has proven nothing else, it has clearly proven that our country can no longer afford to be in any way dependent on the inherently and aggressively dishonest ChiCom government.
This is not a slam on Chinese Americans or on common citizens of China. It is a slam on the ChiCom government and everything it represents.
How many times will our world have to witness a communist government intentionally causing the deaths of thousands or even millions of people all over the earth before we all wake up and properly shun them from any standing in the international community? This should not be such a difficult lesson for some people to learn.
I mean, good lord, people, even our own corrupt Intelligence Community seems to have figured it out at long last. If they can do it, anyone can.
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.