The Evening Campaign Update (Because the Campaign Never Ends)
You seriously could never make this stuff up. – In a series of Tweets this afternoon, GOP Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas listed the absurd list of Democrat demands that are holding up the crucial stimulus bill. Below is the text of those Tweets:
Families and businesses need help now to survive the China virus pandemic. But @SpeakerPelosi walked away from negotiations to write her own bill, full of absurd provisions completely unrelated to the crisis at hand. Here’s what Speaker Pelosi is demanding while Americans suffer:
1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service
3. Required early voting
4. Required same day voter registration
5. 10k bailout for student loans
6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
The Democrats see an opportunity in this crisis. Not to help the American people, but to hold an emergency relief bill hostage until they get their radical wish list. How long will Arkansans and Americans across the country have to wait?
How long, indeed?
Naturally, no one in the corrupt news media is accurately reporting the Democrats’ despicable laundry list of political demands. Thus, cowardly Republicans will almost certainly capitulate to some or all of them.
This is the DC Swamp at work.
Just thought you’d like to know.
UPDATE: Watch Ted Cruz go off on the Democrats on the floor of the Senate. It is epic:
Sen. @tedcruz UNLOADS on Dems from the Senate floor:
"What the hell do the emissions standards on airplanes have to do with thousands of people dying and millions of people out of work in the Coronavirus epidemic?" pic.twitter.com/zXiQjJRpRA
— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) March 23, 2020
That is all.
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.