The Evening Campaign Update
A little perspective on the stock market seems in order.
– Stock markets never progress in a straight line, either up or down.
– The Dow had risen by over 20% over the last year.
– The stock market, on average, has a 10% correction about once a year.
– Before this week, most market analysts would have told you that the markets were 3-4 years overdue for a 20% correction.
– As of today, the Dow sits at almost exactly the same level it was at 6 months ago.
– As of today, the Dow has dropped about 15% in the last 7 trading days.
– So it is likely it still has another 5% to go.
Just as with the Coronavirus, there is no reason to panic, as much as CNN and MSNBC would love for you to do so.
That is all.