Today’s Campaign Update, Part II
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Following up on my piece from yesterday afternoon (Despicable Dems Setting the Stage for Rejecting 2020 Election Results), House Speaker took her rhetoric to borderline seditionist lengths Tuesday morning.
Here’s the clip – a transcript will follow:
Democrat Nancy Pelosi: “we cannot accept a 2nd term for Donald Trump”pic.twitter.com/6dGOyDZhXY
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 7, 2019
As a courtesy to those of you who still like to read stuff, I have transcribed the Speaker’s exact remarks here [emphasis added]:
To…uh… we have to make sure … this will sound political but…we have to make sure that the Constitution wins the next presidential election. We can’t be worrying about, well, how long is this going to take or that…it will take as long as it does. And we will press the case so that in the “court of public opinion” …people will know what is right.
But we cannot accept a second term…for Donald Trump…if we are going to be faithful to our democracy and to the Constitution of the United States. And that is just a fact.
So we have to operate on many fronts. We have to operate in the congress, in the courts and in the court of public opinion. And we must win the next election.
Like I said, borderline sedition. Maybe outright.
Let’s unpack the emphasized comments:
- “make sure that the Constitution wins” is a veiled attack on the Electoral College, which, according to the Constitution, is the sole determinant of U.S. presidential elections. Pelosi is implying that Donald Trump – who was a landslide winner in the EC in 2016 – was somehow not the constitutional winner of that election.
- “How long is this going to take” refers to the Democrat Party plan to filed hundreds of lawsuits challenging the results of the 2020 elections, not only in the presidential race, but in all congressional, gubernatorial and local races that are remotely close. The party’s plan is to declare them all “illegitimate” and challenge them in the courts. The longer it takes, the better as far as they are concerned.
- “But we cannot accept a second term…for Donald Trump” – you need me to explain what that means? Really? C’mon.
- “We have to operate in the congress” refers to the ongoing kangaroo court investigations being conducted by multiple House committees under Pelosi’s guidance. Important: We must also remember that as Speaker, Pelosi has a role in certifying the results of the 2020 election. This is also a bit of foreshadowing of the role she plans to play.
- “we have to operate in the courts” obviously refers to the Party’s plans to challenge the election results in any race they lose by fairly narrow margins in 2020.
This all thinly-veiled code language aimed at the Democrat Party’s mind-numbed base its supporters in the fake news media. Stacy Abrams running around for months after a 55,000 vote loss claiming to be the “real” Governor of Georgia is just a trial balloon for taking every Democrat loser down that same road come next November.
We talk a lot about the absolute need to defeat today’s demented Democrats. Nancy Pelosi is making it crystal clear to anyone paying attention that defeating her and her evil minions at the ballot box will only be a first step in a long and miserable slog that will last for many months after Election Day 2020.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.