Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Hey, that whole “climate change” scam isn’t working for us, so here’s an idea – let’s use new talking points! – The grand global climate scam has been running out of steam over the last two years since Donald Trump assumed the presidency and more and more Americans wake up to the reality that they have been heinously deceived by the Al Gores and Leonardo DiCaprios of the world.
So what are the scammers to do? After three solid decades of seeing them simply ramp up the shrillness of their alarmist rhetoric every time their movement began to lose momentum, the alarmists who now run the American Meteorological Society have decided to take a new tack: Tone things down and and become less shrill and more subtle with their brainwashing instead.
Don’t misunderstand – it will be the same old stuff, with every tropical storm described as being completely unprecedented, with every wildfire declared to be a sign of “permanent drought”, giving scary names to every significant cold front and with every thunderstorm pronounced to be the “strongest on record.” But they’ll be calmer about it all, and the plan is to stop blaming your SUV for everything – because pretty much nobody is buying that anyway – and begin instead to connect it all directly to advocacy for … wait for it… leftist government policies!
“Is it humans or is it not? We really need to get beyond that,” Bernadette Woods Placky, an Emmy award-winning meteorologist who directs the Climate Matters program at Climate Central, told me. Climate Matters is tracking climate trends in 244 cities—including a steadily warming Phoenix. “We are still not getting enough people to talk about it in the ways that matter to human beings in their homes, in their communities, for their family,” she added. “So it is making those connections in ways that really matter to people. It’s a jobs story. It’s an agriculture story. Connect it to the farm bill; boom!”
Boom, indeed. This new scam plan will last about 3 months or until Al Gore puts together another slide show, whichever comes first. Then it will all go back to the traditional alarmist hype, because that is the literal dogma of the Global Church of Climate Change, of which Mr. Gore is the reigning Pope.
The State of the Union address is tonight – here are eight key things to look for that the media isn’t talking about this morning:
- Will Texas Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee have her customary seat on the aisle so she can get her face on television? – Is the Pope Catholic (ok, that’s an open question)? Does a wild bear poop in the woods? It is a very safe bet that she is already ensconced in her favorite seat as I post this piece up around 7:00 Central Time this morning. There she will sit all day long, forcing staffers to bring her food and sit in for her when she takes bathroom breaks, in her annual effort to show her constituents how important she is. It is possibly the most pathetic tradition in the DC Swamp.
- Will Ruth Bader Ginsburg give the nation proof of life? – Don’t count on it. And don’t count on any of the news fakers at CNN, MSNBC or the three “major” broadcast networks to make any mention of her absence.
- Will San Fran Nan have that gerbil running around in her mouth again this year? – Ok, it was probably just a poorly-fitting bridge, but Nancy Pelosi spent the entirety of Trump’s speech last year looking for all the world like she was chasing some sort of living being around in her mouth with her tongue. She’ll be seated behind the President at the podium this time, so the camera will be on her all night long. Hopefully she’s had a trip to the orthodontist since then, because it was not a pretty spectacle.
- Will West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin have to get Chuck Schumer’s permission on when to stand and applaud this year? – He did last year, and was famously caught on camera quickly sitting down after Schumer gave him a dirty look. Pathetic.
- Will Democrat freshmen stage some sort of a disruption? – Don’t be surprised if freshmen Democrats, led by communist Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Muslim extremists Ilhan Omar and Rhashida Tlaib, stage some sort of disruption during the speech. It would be in keeping with their distinct lack of character.
- Will any white man from the Virginia Democrat delegation show up in blackface or KKK robes? – After this last week, it’s a perfectly valid question.
- Will the President call Democrats out for their ongoing advocacy of killing live-born babies? – He certainly should, and he should do it in the most unambiguous language possible.
- Will the President call the fake news media out for its ongoing protection of the blatant racist, infanticide-supporting Governor of Virginia? – Assuming Ralph Northam has still not resigned by the time President Trump takes the podium tonight, how could he not?
There you have them – eight points of intrigue to keep your sharp eyes out for during this year’s rendition of the most tedious and tiresome bit of Kabuki Theater the DC Swamp rolls out to entertain the masses each year. I still wish the President had decided to go deliver this thing out in Pittsburgh, St. Louis or the Rio Grande Valley last week, but hey, it is what it is, so let’s all make the best of it.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.