The Evening Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Man, what a week this was. The circus in Washington, DC reached an even higher fever-pitch than normal as the Democrat Party continues its efforts to literally destroy our nation from the inside out.
It was the week that the funeral of one of the biggest film box office stars of all-time, Burt Reynolds, received almost no notice at all from a fake news media that remains laser-focused on carrying out the orders of its Democrat benefactors.
It was a week in which the public got even more proof of the fact that a deep state cabal of DOJ/FBI Obama-era honchos tried to fix the 2016 election and then bring down a duly-elected president. As if we needed any more proof, that is.
It was the week in which President Trump finally moved to begin forcing the declassification of a raft of documents related to the deep state cabal’s activities, documents that various congressional committees have been trying to obtain for over a year.
Oh, but that’s not all that happened, not even close. Here’s a bunch more stuff, starting with a parade of Democrat mendacity that exceeded even the Clarence Thomas hearings…
- The Democrats told us we simply MUST “believe the woman” in the case against Brett Kavanaugh, a case in which the woman accuser has zero corroborating evidence and is, frankly, transparently lying.
- Those same Democrats told us we simply MUST ignore the woman in the case against DNC Vice Chairman Keith Ellison, a case in which the accusing woman has all sorts of corroborating evidence because, well, Ellison’s a Democrat, so…
- Those same Democrats also told us we simply MUST look the other way at Cory “I am Spartacus” Booker’s admission to groping a young girl at a party when he was in high school, even though he admitted it in a printed newspaper column that he himself wrote, because, um, well, you know, like, ummmm…he’s a Democrat, so…
- Basically, by the end of the week, it had become obvious to pretty much everyone with firing brain synapses that the Democrats, as a Party, now actively oppose the Constitutional principle of a defendant’s presumption of innocence, if that defendant is a male Republican. While many of us have recognized that reality for many years, that realization came as a real shock to many others.
- Boy, just wait til all those people finally figure out that, as a Party, the Democrats are in fact opposed to the Constitution. Period. Because that’s the truth.
Oh, but it just got better where the Christine Ford allegations were concerned…
- On Monday, Democrats were demanding – DEMANDING – that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley schedule a special hearing at which Ms. Ford would surely love to testify.
- By Tuesday, Democrats were wailing that the special hearing Grassley had scheduled was just tooooo soooooooooooon.
- By Wednesday, Democrats were screaming Grassley and other Republicans were “bullying” Ms. Ford for expecting her to actually testify at the hearing that she and they had demanded.
- By Thursday, Democrats and Ms. Ford’s lawyers were negotiating the terms under which Ms. Ford ‘might’ agree to testify.
- By Friday, Democrats and Ms. Ford’s lawyers were reduced to claiming that Ms. Ford didn’t want to come to Washington to testify because she was like, all askeered of flying and stuff.
- By Saturday, Sen. Grassley and Mitch McConnell still hadn’t figured out they were being totally played by the Democrats and Ms. Ford, and were still giving her extensions of time so they could continue to negotiate the terms of her appearance before the Committee, an appearance that Ms. Ford has absolutely no intention at all of making.
- Despite Grassley’s and McConnell’s cluelessness, Democrats were in panic mode by Friday, mainly because the HuffPo issued a poll that showed just 26% of those surveyed actually think Ms. Ford is “credible.”
- So the newsfakers at the New York Times accommodated their Democrat masters by trying to change the narrative going into the weekend, issuing a story – based only on anonymous sources – claiming that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein had proposed wearing a wire to his meetings with President Trump in mid-2017, and also proposed trying to have Trump declared unfit under the 25th Amendment.
- Whether true or not, this narrative shift is a transparent effort by the Ds and the fake news media to provoke the President into firing Rosenstein prior to Election Day, so that the media can then portray the move as some sort of abuse of power.
- While Rosenstein definitely needs firing – and has for a long, long time – so far, the President has avoided taking that particular bait. After Election Day, though, all bets are off.
Lots of other stuff happened this week, too…
- Michael Moore’s new Trump-bashing movie bombed at the box office. Oh, darn.
- The Emmy Awards show was filled with anti-Trump messages, and as a result received the lowest ratings in its entire history. Gosh, no one could have seen that coming.
- A rookie Republican candidate defeated a veteran Democrat pol in a special election in Texas Senate District 19, a heavily-Democrat district that the Coughing Crook won by 12 points in 2016. But, Blue Wave, or something.
- Ben and Jerry’s announced that it was introducing a “variety of Democrat-Inspired ice cream flavors.” No word if the flavors range from Blue (Wave) Berry to #MeToo Munch to PussyHatPeach to Depravity Delight, but it seems likely. Oh, goody.
- Actor James Woods was banished from Twitter for re-tweeting a meme that makes fun of Democrat beta males, on the hysterically absurd grounds that by doing so he might “impact an election.” By that standard, the nitwits who run Twitter would have to ban every major media outlet that serves as nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for the Democrat Party, which is pretty much every one of them outside of Fox News. Holy crap.
What else? hmmmm…oh, yeah…
- Claims for unemployment benefits fell to another 49-year low.
- The Dow Jones Industrials closed at an all-time high level for the 100th time since Trump was elected to the presidency.
- The economy is in fact so strong and private-sector jobs so abundant that, for the first time since 2005, the U.S. Army missed its recruiting goal for fiscal year 2018, which closes on September 30.
God Bless America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.