Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
Even the fake news media’s pieces admitting media bias subconsciously display the media’s bias. – NBC has a piece at what it calls its “Think” website this morning that actually admits that the media is biased against conservatives. Yippeee!!! Happy days are here again!!!! All the fake reporters have realized the error of their news-faking ways and are going to start reporting real news again!!!!
Ok, don’t get too excited. This isn’t that, not remotely close to it.
The piece is actually just another hit piece on President Trump and his supporter base, which continues to grow in spite of all the #fakenews hysteria generated by outlets like NBC and CNN, written by an inveterate “Never Trumper” named Evan Siegfried. Siegfried bills himself as a “Republican strategist,” though the origins of that tag remain somewhat mysterious.
Among Siegfried’s previous writings is a piece he penned in May 2016 for the dying anti-Trump rag the New York Daily News titled “Why I’m With Her: A Republican strategist explains why he will vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump.” Oh. That guy.
So you end up with a piece in which the President of the United States is accused of “weaponizing” the media’s own bias, which somehow ends up meaning that anyone who supports the President of the United States of America is living in a “post-fact world.” This is #NeverTrump dogma, Book 1, Chapter 1, Verse 1.
Siegfried even goes to the brain-dead length of comparing the media’s treatment of President Trump to a couple of incidents in which New York City’s commie Mayor Bill DeBlasio complained about negative media coverage. This of course ignores the reality that the NY City media’s coverage of DeBlasio has been overall the sort of fawning groupie coverage the media always gives to Democrats, while President Trump somehow remains a fairly popular POTUS despite vicious media treatment that has been 92% negative according to the Media Research Center.
He does at least correctly point out that the media’s treatment of Mitt Romney and George W. Bush was also absurdly negative and vicious – he could have gone all the way back to Nixon and Reagan to reinforce that point – and points out that the media’s long history of blatant, absurd bias against Republicans is the main reason why almost no one trusts the media to tell a story straight anymore. But then he destroys all that solid historic foundation work by then going into attack mode on the President and anyone who supports him, in the process revealing his own anti-Trump hatred.
Here are some things he doesn’t point out about the media’s ridiculous behavior towards this President:
- Neither the Washington Post nor the New York Times currently employs a single commentary writer who takes a pro-Trump view. Everyone of their “conservative” writers are fervent #NeverTrumpers like Siegfried. This is an unprecedented circumstance;
- Just last week, one of the NYTimes’s fake conservative writers, Brett Stephens, admitted he was employed there “to oppose the President.”
- The week-long media-fed hysteria characterizing the President’s private meeting with Vladimir Putin as being somehow unprecedented (it wasn’t) and even “treasonous” (it wasn’t);
- The New York Times is still paying an anti-Trump reporter who was recently discovered to be trading sex for the illegal leaking of classified information. She has simply been reassigned;
- The Media Research Center – which Siegfried himself cites – has compiled a list of dozens of outright false reports filed by myriad media outlets, all negative to Mr. Trump, since Trump was was sworn into office. Only a small handful of those outright false reports have resulted in negative consequences for the reporters and editors who allowed them to go to press;
- Siegfried doesn’t mention the obvious, blatant message coordination that takes place between leading Democrats and pretty much every national media outlet on a daily basis. Rush Limbaugh puts together montages of all these people parroting not just the same positions on issues, but the exact same words 2-3 times every month. He could do one every day if he wanted to;
- He doesn’t mention the obvious media practice of dummying up false stories based on “anonymous sources” every time there is a news development that is positive to the President. John Kelly is about to celebrate his one-year anniversary as Trump’s Chief of Staff, and we have been through at least a dozen rounds of “John Kelly hates the President and is about to resign” media-generated rumor mongering since he took the office last August. That appears to be the NYTimes’s and CNN’s default fake story whenever they can’t find a porn star or centerfold to talk about;
- And of course, Siegfried doesn’t make note of the fact that so many of these “journalists” make a practice of making their outright hatred for this President known to the world on their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts every day, which is the real key to everything here.
If it has done nothing else positive for our society, social media has served as the great unmasker of these people pretending to be unbiased “journalists.” In times past, the American public had very little knowledge of the personal lives and attitudes of the reporters and editors who shaped the news every day. That has all changed now, thanks largely to their 280-character daily rants on Twitter.
The truth is that we Trump supporters consider most of the media establishment to be #FakeNews today because we now know them so much better than we ever have before. And that familiarity breeds contempt.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.