- Here’s what the fake news media thinks “accountability” looks like: When you have a reporter who files a completely false report for the sole apparent reason of damaging the President of the United States, tanking the entire stock market in the process, his “punishment” is a four week vacation timed perfectly for the Christmas holidays. That’s what ABC did with its serial fake reporter, Brian Ross on Saturday. Man, nice work if you can get it.
- Hey, it worked out great for Lenin and Mao, didn’t it? – Meanwhile, over at NBC, network executives have had their staff busy taking down all photos and videos of disgraced morning fake host Matt Lauer from the network’s website the last few days, apparently in the belief they can simply rewrite the history of the last 20 years, during which Lauer has been the network’s most important on-camera employee. Somehow, I don’t think that strategy is going to work out all that well.
- Speaking of fake media outlets getting caught with their collective pants down… – When the White House announced on Friday that President-elect Trump actually received the all-clear from the Obama Administration to start making contacts with Russia and other governments during the interim period last Winter, fakety fakey fake news host Jake Tapper immediately went to his go-to guy for bald-faced lying about President Trump, Director of National Intelligence and serial perjurer James Clapper. Clapper told Tapper (hey, that rhymes – maybe that’s why these two permanent prevaricators are so fond of one another) that it was “absurd” to think the Obama Administration would have approved any such thing.
- The TapperClapper team’s gonna need a new lie. – The trouble is, the Obama Administration is caught on video doing exactly that. Tyler Durden, at his ZeroHedge.com blog, dug that very video from his archives late on Saturday. Here’s the key exchange:
- REPORTER: “This building [the Obama State Department] doesn’t see anything necessarily inapprorpiate in contact between members of the incoming [Trump] administration and foreign officials, no matter what country they’re from?“
- OBAMA STATE DEPT SPOKESPERSON: “No, no…and again this has been ongoing. We have no problem with them doing such on their own.” Hmmmm. Seems pretty clear, doesn’t it?
- Getting tired of all this winning yet? – The New York office of the Federal Reserve, which has over the past several years employed a statistical tool that attempts to estimate the performance of the U.S. economy in real time, announced on Friday that its index had reached an all-time high of 3.93% GDP growth last week. Amazing what the U.S. economy can do when we don’t have a president who is intentionally trying to limit it via over-regulation, huh?
- House Intel Committee Chairman Devin Nunes blew his stack on Saturday when the Mueller Special Counsel’s Office leaked to both the NYTimes and WaPo information about why FBI Agent Peter Strzok had been jettisoned from the investigation over the summer. The obviously orchestrated leak came after Nunes had been attempting to acquire information about Strzok’s reassignment since August.
- It turns out that Strzok, who had also played key roles in both the Clinton e-mail fake investigation and the fake investigation into the Trump Dossier hoax, was caught by Mueller exchanging nasty texts and emails about President Trump. Mueller was afraid that the revelation of those messages would over-shadow his own person soap box, so he tried to quietly rid himself of the problem.
- No one takes the Boy Who Cried Wolf seriously. – Nunes threatened to file contempt charges against the FBI and DOJ if his requests to interview Strzok and for a raft of information the agencies have been stonewalling for months are not complied with by the end of December. But Nunes has made such threats several times before without taking action, so no doubt Mueller and the deep state creeps at DOJ and FBI just chuckled when they heard of this latest threat.
- Oh, and by the way, the Republicans in the do-nothing U.S. Senate actually took a vote on something important and managed pass it. No, really, they did, somehow cobbling together 51 votes in favor of the Senate version of a tax reform bill. So who was the lone GOP holdout? Why, it was Tennessee Senator Bob Corker, who just could not bring himself to vote in favor of anything that might be portrayed as a victory for a President of his own political party. Mr. Corker’s personal pettiness knows no bounds. But that’s ok, because Trump just keeps winning, anyway.
Just another day in Donald Trump’s Winning America.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.