Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Why do Hollywood leftists have to ruin everything they touch? – My first reaction when I heard that the great George Strait would be putting on a nationally televised hurricane benefit fundraiser was great! Awesome! Greatest country music artist ever, native Texan, truly good ol’ boy in every sense of that title, it’ll be a fantastic show and raise a ton of money. Good for George.
- But then I saw that he would be joined by notorious cop hater Beyonce’, and I thought, oh, no, here we go. But hey, Beyonce’ is also a native Houstonian, so I figured she might actually have some real feelings in this game. So, ok, maybe she’ll keep all the cop-killing symbolism out of this particular performance, and she did. Good for Beyonce’.
- But then I saw the execrable Stevie Wonder was going to be included and I slapped my damn forehead. Holy cow. This is going downhill fast. Then the list began to expand to the usual assortment of Hollywood know-nothings (Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney), has-beens (Barbra Streisand, Julia Roberts), and malcontents (Jamie Foxx, Robert Deniro) and I knew that what began as a noble effort starring George Strait would now be turned into the classic Hollywood leftist tribute to Mother Gaia that has little to do with helping the victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and mostly to do with promoting Al Gore’s Global Warming scam.
- In the end, the celebrities announced their tribute to their Climate Change god had raised $14 million, and traded high-fives. J.J. Watt, by himself, raised more than $30 million, a total that is still climbing. Thanks, Hollywood. Now go scurry back under your kitchen cabinets, and turn out some more really bad movies.
- Oh, dear God, can somebody please lock this woman in her office for the next year and feed her through a tube? Please? – Nancy Pelosi, fresh on the heels from a stuttering, stammering, speech-slurring appearance before a gathering of LGBT leaders in San Francisco, placed her public incoherence on display yet again Tuesday evening in Washington, at an event honoring the playwrite of the Broadway hit, Hamilton. She repeatedly flubbed the name of Lin-Manuel Miranda (there, that isn’t really so hard to say, is it?), referring to him at various points as “Lin-Manuel Madonna”, “Lin-Manual Ramanda” and “Flim-Flannel Hmphfluglebutt”. (Ok, I made that last one up, but still.) For those of you who are into self-flagellation, here is a link to the video.
- This is the worst deal ever!!! It’s terrible!!!! It’s awful!!!! It’s the end of the world as we know it!!!!!!! I vote ‘yes’. – Hey, remember how all the establishment Republicans in DC spent the entire last week wailing that the deal President Trump made with San Fran Nan and Chuckie Schumer was just the worst thing ever and signals nothing less than the end of the Republic? Remember how they said it was just soooooooooo awful that only a damn fool would agree to it and that they were just going to be back in December, having to address the debt ceiling yet again? Yeah, none of that was true.
- The deal was soooooooo awful that it has already been passed by both houses of congress, thus clearing the playing field for congress to spend the rest of this year addressing tax reform. And guess what? Most of those establishment Republicans – just about all of them, in fact – voted in favor of the worstest, awfulest, most republic-endingest deal they had ever seen! Go figure.
- As for having to come back and address the debt ceiling yet again right before Christmas, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the leader of the establishment Republican precinct of the DC Swamp, put the lie to that contention, telling an interviewer that, as drafter of that particular provision, he had inserted language that allows the Treasury Secretary to use “emergency measures” to extend the debt ceiling, and that we will be “well into 2018” before congress actually has to do anything with it.
- All of which proves just one more time that if you believe anything any establishment Republican tells you, you might just be naive.
Just another day in Hollywood Ruins Everything America.
That is all.