Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- So, the latest fake journalist joint head explosion was caused by the revelation that, during one of the dinners at last week’s G20 meeting, President Trump left his seat and sat down next to Vladimir Putin for a discussion. The media, keeping with their agreed-to narrative, is uniformly describing this as a “private” discussion “with no other Americans present”, since the President did not have his own interpreter with him, relying instead on Putin’s interpreter to handle both sides of the discussion. Characterizing the dinner chat in this way is the height of absurdity given that it took place in a room with at least 200 people present, at a dinner table where half a dozen others were constantly within earshot, and dozens of others passed closely by while the national leaders were talking. CNN even found some ex-Obama swamp creature to call it a “breach of national security protocol.” Good lord.
- President Trump responded to this latest news fakery on Twitter: “Fake News story of secret dinner with Putin is “sick.” All G 20 leaders, and spouses, were invited by the Chancellor of Germany. Press knew!” And “The Fake News is becoming more and more dishonest! Even a dinner arranged for top 20 leaders in Germany is made to look sinister!” Yyyyyyyyep.
- Hey, remember when all the #NeverTrump goofballs told us that it would be Donald Trump who betrayed the country on the promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare? Yeah…they were wrong about that, too.
- Well, looks like Hillary Clinton may have finally, at long last, overstayed her welcome with pretty much every American who doesn’t call themselves Democrats. A new Bloomberg poll shows that her favorability rating is lower than Donald Trump’s, mired at 39% to Trump’s 41%. That 39% level has historically been pretty much the base level for either Clinton over the last 25 years. It appears that basically all Democrats would support either of them even if they were discovered standing over some murdered DNC staffer’s body, gun in hand. For the rest of us, it appears that Ms. Clinton’s endless blame-shifting efforts for her defeat last year have finally become too much to bear. That sure took a long time.
- It is not news that climate alarmists keep having to move their “end of the world” goal posts in order to keep scamming the government for grant money to fund their “science,” but one of the most prominent scammers among them has now taken this exercise to an absurd extreme. Well-known alarmist James Hansen – who for years worked the scam from inside the government rather than outside of it – famously told a congressional committee in 1988 that New York City would be under water “within 30 years.” In 1998, he announced that we would see a global temperature rise of 5 degrees Centigrade by 2018. Given that neither New York City sea levels or global temperatures have risen by any measurable degree at all since 1998, Mr. Hansen has now decided that NYC is safe for…wait for it…wait for it….150 more years! And that global temperature that hasn’t risen at all for the last 20 years? Uh, well, we’ll probably be ok, but only through the end of this century – THEN it’s going to get really, really hot. Pushing the goal posts out that far may seem absurd to you and me, but it does have the benefit of ensuring that Mr. Hansen will be long perished from this earth before his latest projections of climate Armageddon are proved false as well.
Just another day in tiresome frauds America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Anonymous sources everywhere, but never a one to believe.: Fox News reports this morning that an anonymous source “familiar with the situation” has told their reporter that Jared Kushner did not in fact raise the idea of opening a back channel of communication with Russian officials last December, contrary to all the fake reports all over the fake news media the last few days, reports that were also based solely on anonymous sources. The subject was, according to Fox’s anonymous source, actually broached by Russian officials, and would have resulted in a single telephone conversation regarding the Obama Administration’s atrocious, utter failure of a Syria policy, not a permanent back channel, as the NYTimes and WaPo have claimed. So whose anonymous source is to be believed – the ones that resulted in the Weekly World News-like, sensationalist reports in the Times and Post, or the one that results in what sounds like a far more likely scenario at Fox News? In today’s America, the lines of belief will no doubt break down largely along partisan lines.
- Today’s Required Reading.: Kurt Schlichter pens a fantastic piece at Townhall.com titled, “Liberals Are Shocked To Find We’re Starting To Hate Them Right Back.” Seriously, just read it. You’ll be glad you did.
- That’s the way it has always been for communists in America.: In a rare bit of real news at its site, Politico has a report out about how tough it is for Bernie Sanders supporters these days, as it seems that his supporters are finding it darn near impossible to capture actual levers of power, even within the commie-friendly confines of the Democrat Party. Gosh, I just feel so, so bad for these people, victims as they are of their own brand of nitwittery.
- Still prosecuting the last war after all these years…: Terry Frei, a sports reporter for the Denver Post, was fired within two hours of the end of the Indy 500, after he tweeted that he is “uncomfortable” that a Japanese driver had won the race on Memorial Day. Some will moan about the Post’s cow-towing to the Gods of political correctness, but dang, man, World War II ended 72 years ago. Can’t we all just get along at long last? Holy cow.
- But hey, WWIII could be just around the corner, if John McCain gets his way.: The Senator From The News Media, in an interview with the Australian Broadcasting Company, said that “[Vladimir] Putin is a bigger threat than ISIS.” The tirelessly warmongering Senator was unfortunately not asked by the interviewer where he would place himself in that same ranking, but most informed observers would put him way up there.
- That escalated quickly.: When Texas Republican state representative Matt Rinaldi called ICE after he was threatened by some in a very large and loud group of pro-sanctuary city protesters who had gathered in the state capitol building while the legislature was in session, Democratic state rep. Pancho Navarez threatened to kill him. This is what the Democrat Party of today refers to as peaceful debate of the issues.
- Meanwhile, in the realm of winning…: While the Democrats and the fake news media continue their tireless efforts to distract the American people from reality, the Trump Administration keeps on winning, systematically erasing huge chunks of the Obama “legacy”, such as it is. This includes progress on building the promised wall along the southern border, where, as the DC Examiner reports, planning is well underway, contracts are being bid out, and there is, despite fake media reports to the contrary, plenty of money in the budget to start construction.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- I’m old enough to remember when they actually played music.: It seems the only way the Dixie Chicks can sell records is to send their obnoxious lead singer, Natalie Maines, out there to bash a Republican president. During the height of the Iraq War, Ms. Maines issued her complaints about George W. Bush during the group’s concert events in Europe. They can’t attract an audience anymore, so now Ms. Maines has resorted to social media, issuing nasty tweets to President Trump. My goodness.
- This is Jerry Brown, “skillfully” stealing and spending other people’s money.: After the California legislature passed yet another massive tax increase on the state’s beleaguered residents – this time in the form of a major raise in the gasoline tax – the fake reporters at the Associated Press published a piece with the headline “California’s gas tax hike shows governor’s political skill”. Presumably, when the AP publishes a future fake news item about all the businesses and residents who abandon the Golden State as a result of its soul-crushing tax burden, it will carry the headline “California’s mass exodus shows governor’s relocation skill”.
- Ok, well, maybe it was two lone wolves. Oh, wait…: Islamic terrorists killed at least 44 Christians in two separate church bombings on Palm Sunday. Fake reporters and fake editors all over the U.S. fake news media were left feverishly scrambling to find a way, some way, to blame it all on their cherished “lone wolf.” Meanwhile, ISIS yet again took full credit for this latest atrocity.
- The liberal Boogeyman speaks.: Russia announced on Sunday that it would respond to any further U.S. military actions against the Syrian government with military action of its own. This left fake reporters and fake editors all over the fake U.S. news media scrambling to invent a rationale to credit Russia’s statement to it’s cherished “Trump/Russia” coordination fantasy.
- Hey…did Vlad sign off on this?: Meanwhile, the Trump Administration put Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad on notice that it will take further military action should Syria again resort to the use of chemical weapons. Contrary to the belief of the fake news media, Vladimir Putin was not consulted prior to the issuance of that notice.
- Beware of praise coming from ghouls.: In an appearance on Fox News on Sunday, war-mongering Senator Lindsey Graham said “I would say this about President Trump, I’m proud of him. He did something Obama did not do and if I’m North Korea I’m going to think differently about Trump. He didn’t draw a red line, he just acted.” That’s all well and good, but we should all hope that the President takes any praise coming from the Graham/McCain war hawk faction of the U.S. Senate as a reason to even more carefully review everything that he’s planning to do in the Middle East. It’s one thing to bomb an air field in retaliation for a chemical weapons atrocity, but these guys want to send 200,000 U.S. men and women into another country’s civil war, and that is a different thing entirely.
Just another day in Red Line Enforcing America.
That is all.
- Airing the UN’s dirty laundry in the light of day. What a concept.: Nikki Haley is turning out to be the iron lady of the Trump Administration in her role as Ambassador to the United Nations. In the wake of President Trump’s decision to bomb a Syrian facility that was allegedly the source of the Sarin gas that was used to murder hundreds of Syrians early in the week, Russia requested an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, which the U.S. currently chairs. Bolivia, likely acting as a Russian proxy, requested the meeting be held in closed session. Ambassador Haley immediately denied that request, stating “Any country that chooses to defend the atrocities of the Syrian regime will have to do so in full public view, for all the world to hear.”
- Someone get this man a straight jacket!: Meanwhile, over at MSNBC, the certifiable craziness launched into the realm of full-fledged lunacy last night. Lawrence O’Donnell, one of the fake new network’s fake hosts, was appearing with Rachel Maddow, the network’s star fake host. One can only assume that they had to fill the time with one another because no one else wanted to become infected with their communicable insanity. Anyway, during the course of their ranting about the Syria bombing, O’Donnell floated his belief that the use of chemical weapons was in fact orchestrated by none other than…wait for it…wait for it…VLADIMIR PUTIN, so that his great friend, Donald Trump, could then bomb Syria and thus have his public approval ratings in the polls go up. I swear – I SWEAR – I didn’t make that up. You can find the video on YouTube if you don’t believe me.
- Speaking of lunatic leftist conspiracy theories, another of the newest about President Trump – which somewhat amazingly does NOT involve the boogeyman Putin – is that the President, who has a degree from the prestigious Wharton School of Business, has created and run hundreds of businesses and somehow managed to become a billionaire in the process during his life, is “functionally illiterate” and “can barely read.” The sole source of this latest bit nitwitery is a struggling, attention-seeking, former Saturday Night Live cast member named Taran Killam. Here is a link to the story, which ran in the very appropriately-named Internet fake news site “BoingBoing”. That is, of course, the sound the brain of your average progressive lunatic makes as it bounces around in their tiny, thick skull.
- Whew! That was hard! Let’s go on a boondoggle!: Mitch McConnell and his Senate majority finally got a little real work done this week, dumping the anachronistic filibuster for Supreme Court nominees and getting the incredibly qualified Neil Gorsuch confirmed to fill the vacancy on the Court. Having almost broken a sweat in getting that done, the Senate will next take a completely undeserved two week vacation.
- But judge, he kept overheating!: The New York Post reports that a Delaware woman was sentenced to 40 years in prison for putting anti-freeze in her husband’s steroids, killing him in the process. Can there be any doubt that Lawrence O’Donnell is preparing a monologue for his next show in which he blames the woman’s actions on the ongoing conspiracy between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin?
- This guy watches too much MSNBC.: If you wonder what motivates today’s progressives to maintain their perpetual state of outrage about literally everything, here is a quote from British author Theodore Dalrymple that captures it perfectly: “Outrage is a substitute for religion: It convinces us that our existence has some kind of meaning or significance beyond itself, that is to say beyond the paltry flux of day-to-day existence, especially when that existence is a securely comfortable one. Therefore we go looking for things to be outraged about as anteaters look for ants. Of all emotions, outrage is not only one of the most pleasurable but also one of the most reliable.”
Just another day in Perpetual Outrage America.
That is all.