The Evening Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
While the fake news media was sleeping… – Hey, y’all, while all the lunatic democrats and fake journalists were tearing their hair out and tossing hissy fits about this fake border issue yesterday, President Trump used the opportunity to take the following actions:
– He pulled the U.S. out of the worthless UN Human Rights Council, which has been nothing more than a forum for bashing Israel; and
– He issued an executive order reversing Obama’s extremely idiotic 2010 Oceans Policy, replacing it with a policy of his own. Thus, yet another aspect of the extreme un-American Obama legacy bites the dust, thanks to Donald J. Trump.
And the fake news media barely mentioned the Human Rights Council pullout, and still hasn’t even noticed the Oceans Policy reversal. Cool, huh?
For those unfamiliar with it, here is a good write-up on the Oceans Policy executive order:
Yesterday, President Trump issued an executive order from the White House establishing directions for revoking and revamping the Obama 2010 oceans policy. The Obama policy adopted a comprehensive management plan for the nation’s oceans, coastal waters and the Great Lakes. The new direction proposed by the Trump administration emphasizes economic and security concerns over marine conservation, sustainable use and climate change. Moving a national ocean policy away from data collection to providing opportunities and encouragement to state and local agencies for managing and guiding marine activities.
The Trump order stresses economic and security concerns. Stating that U.S. waters “are foundational to the economy, security, global competitiveness, and well-being of the United States.”
The Executive Order states that: “Ocean industries employ millions of Americans and support a strong national economy. Domestic energy production from Federal waters strengthens the Nation’s security and reduces reliance on imported energy.”
Obama’s policy was “protect, maintain, and restore the health and biological diversity” and boost “conservation and sustainable uses” of resources, and using “the best available science and knowledge to inform” management decisions and “understand, respond, and adapt to a changing global environment” have been superseded by the Trump Administration’s new priorities.
President Trump’s priority is directing federal agencies to coordinate on providing “economic, security, and environmental benefits for present and future generations of Americans,” and stresses the need to “promote the lawful use of the ocean by agencies, including United States Armed Forces.” A Trump policy priority is to “facilitate the economic growth of coastal communities and promote ocean industries,” “advance ocean science and technology,” “enhance America’s energy security,” and ensure that “Federal regulations and management decisions do not prevent productive and sustainable use of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes waters.”.
So, a shift from a policy that is based on a leftist fantasy to a policy that emphasizes and promotes the gigantic economic opportunities and national security enhancements offered by the major waters of the United States. Three years ago, this would have been the lead story on every evening newscast as liberals responded to the shift with their typical lunatic hysteria. Today, it isn’t even a blink on the screen.
That is all.
Follow me on Twitter at @GDBlackmon
Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- Presumably, they picked Mugabe because Idi Amin is dead. – If you wonder why supporters of President Donald Trump (I never get tired of typing that) have no regard at all for international multi-lateral organizations, look no further than the decision by the sleazebags who run the World Health Organization (WHO) to name Zimbabwe thug Robert Mugabe as its newest “World Health Ambassador.” Yes, Robert Mugabe – I swear I don’t make this stuff up. For those out of this particular loop, Mugabe has brutalized the Zimbabwean population for decades now, murdering and maiming its citizens on a scale comparable to Fidel Castro. During his reign of terror, Mugabe has utterly destroyed the nation’s healthcare system for the vast majority of the population there, a system that was once the envy of Africa. The situation with healthcare in Zimbabwe is so awful, in fact, that Mugabe himself goes to other countries for his own treatments.
- So naturally, this is the guy who the utterly corrupt people in charge at the WHO, a UN-affiliated organization, choose to honor. It shouldn’t even need saying at this point, but stuff like this is why Donald Trump is President today.
- Hey, why not deed that spot to Rep. Clowny McPartyBarn of Florida? Xe’d be great, and we’re pretty sure xe’s a woman. – Nancy Pelosi appeared with the four screechers on “The View” Friday, and told them that the reason why she needs to remain the head of the Democrat minority in the U.S. House of Representatives is based entirely on her gender. Not kidding: “I was ready to go if Hillary won, have a woman at the top of the table, protecting the Affordable Care Act, which is to me similar to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,” she told the assembled hosts, but she said that she was the only woman at her table at a White House dinner a month ago, so “that’s why I have to stay there, to be one of the top women, top people at the table.”
- Well, darn, if the only qualification to be House Minority Leader these days is being a woman, there are plenty of other Democrat women in the House. Why not give the spot to Maxine Waters? Doesn’t she count? How about Debbie Wasserman-Schulz? She as corrupt as the people at the WHO, and even ran the whole Democrat Party into the ground while Obama was President – why not her? Or how about Linda Sanchez? She’s a woman, she’s Hispanic, AND she’s from California, too. She can sit at a table as well as any other woman, right? Or how about Clowny McPartyBarn? She’s a woman, plus she’d be the first rodeo clown to ever become minority leader. Why not her?
- Altogether, there are currently 62 Democrat women serving in the House of Representatives today. If the only qualification to be the Democrats’ minority leader is the possession of two X chromosomes, then why should the Party allow itself to continue to be saddled with SanFranNan’s X chromosomes as its public face?
- Of course, the truth here is that conservatives everywhere are thrilled to death that Nancy Pelosi remains the face of the Democrat Party, and are hoping and praying she will remain its face through at least the 2018 mid-term elections, and longer. Her ongoing presence as the dominant Democrat on the national stage virtually ensures that the GOP will increase its Senate majority next year and hold onto its majority in the House. Republicans love, love, love having SanFranNan to campaign against, and will do anything they can to ensure she continues to cling to power.
- Speaking of corrupt women who just won’t go away, Hillary Clinton, still shamelessly hawking her terrible book in Britain, told an interviewer on Saturday that she and hubby Bill seriously considered not attending the Trump inauguration, but were convinced otherwise only when they learned the Bushes and Carters would be in attendance. That claim came just two days after she told another interviewer that she and Bill never even thought about not going, because attending was their duty. The woman would rather lie than tell the truth, even when it does her no good. She will never change.
Just another day SanFranNan’s America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- In response to President Donald Trump’s (I never get tired of typing that) soaring speech at the UN General Assembly on Tuesday, Venezuelan Envoy Jorge Arreaza said “For a moment, we didn’t know if we were listening to President Reagan in 1982 or President Trump in 2017.” Well, yes, that is exactly why Mr. Trump is President of the United States today.
- Mr. Arreaza, of course, thought his statement was an insult to the current U.S. President, as did every fake reporter in the fake news media, many of whom were no doubt getting major cases of the vapors as they listened to the President’s speech. CNN’s Jim Acosta publicly wet his diapers over the decision by President Trump to refer to North Korea’s dictator as “Rocket Man.” ABC’s Terry Moran said the President’s statement that the U.S. may find it necessary to “destroy” North Korea borders on a war crime, apparently unaware that his hero Barack Obama had made the very same threat towards the Norks while he was occupying the White House.
- Can it be a coincidence that America’s community of fake journalists, its population of liberal/progressive/socialist/communist voters and politicians, the snakes and skunks who infest the Deep State in Washington, and leaders of despotic regimes around the globe all had exactly the same reaction to a speech in which the President of the United States emphasized he plans to put the interests of the American people above the interests of the globalist community? Well, no, it’s no coincidence at all, is it?
- Meanwhile, the normal people of America – the people who inhabit the 95% of the country outside of New York City, Washington, DC, Los Angeles and San Francisco – have been waiting 30 years to hear an American President deliver exactly this speech, a speech before the international globalist community that firmly places their safety, their security, their families, and their prosperity as the President’s number one priority in his job. These Americans have spent the last three decades literally longing to hear such a speech from George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or Barack Hussein Obama, and have come away uniformly disappointed at every turn. Normal Americans were especially hopeful for a President who puts their interests first after the unending, eight year-long apology tour by Barack Hussein.
- So Mr. Arreaza was right, if unwittingly so, to say that at times it was hard to know if we were hearing a speech from Donald Trump or Ronald Reagan, because the last time Americans heard such a speech escape the lips from their national leader, it came from Mr. Reagan.
- The last time Americans heard such a speech from one of their Presidents, it was June 12, 1987. Ronald Reagan, speaking to an audience of international leaders from a podium placed in front of the Berlin Wall, said “General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”
- Two years later, that wall came down, and the Soviet Union collapsed. These were lines that Mr. Reagan’s squeamish advisors had repeatedly removed from his speech for fear of offending the “international community”, only to have the President himself re-insert the passage to their great frustration. That’s courage, that’s vision, that is presidential leadership.
- No doubt we will find out in coming days that several lines spoken by President Trump in Tuesday’s speech were placed there against the will of his own squeamish advisors, some of whom are globalists who live in fear of offending the Maduros and Merkels of the world. It’s a safe bet that much of the President’s strong rhetoric aimed at the despotic dictators of North Korea, Iran and Venezuela were spoken over and above the disapproval of H.R. McMaster and John Kelly. It is similarly safe to bet that much of the President’s stern language scolding of the U.N. itself over its wastefulness and ineffectiveness were delivered over the objections of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. That’s courage, that’s vision, that is presidential leadership.
- So Mr. Arreaza had it right: For 40 minutes on Tuesday, we had an American President delivering a speech to the international community that could easily have been delivered by the Great Ronald Wilson Reagan. The time and place were different, the accent and cadence of the two speakers are different, but the courage, leadership and rhetoric on display were completely indistinguishable.
- In the end, this key early passage set the tone for President Trump’s entire speech: “In America, the people govern, the people rule, and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people where it belongs.”
- Those are two sentences Ronald Reagan would have been happy to deliver as well, and those two sentences explain why this is a speech normal Americans loved, and the globalists detest. God Bless Donald Trump for having the courage necessary to be mistaken for Ronald Reagan. It’s been 30 long years since anyone had that to say about an American president.
Just another day in Donald Trump’s America.
That is all.
- If he worked at Fox, he’d be fired for blatant homophobia.: Stephen Colbert, the un-funny late night host on CBS, targeted President Trump with an obscene homophobic slur during his un-funny monologue Monday evening. Many observers questioned whether this meets CBS’s standards, and why the Federal Communications Commission remained silent on this clear violation of broadcast television rules, forgetting, of course, that CBS no longer has any standards and the FCC rules – like all other rules of civil discourse in our society – no longer exist after eight years of Barack Obama and his utter corruption of every nook and cranny of the federal government.
- If the manure is still steaming, it still stinks. Trust me.: The Trump Administration and congressional Republicans did their best on Tuesday to defend the smelly pile of horse manure (it’s ok to say that under FCC rules) that they are calling a “budget deal”. It didn’t work. The pile of manure still smells. Sorry, it just does.
- She really knows how to cheer Republicans up.: But no matter how awful this budget bill is, The Most Corrupt Woman In America reminded us how much more awful it could have been with a very timely interview with the fawning fake reporter Christian Amanpour. After saying she takes “full responsibility” for the horrible campaign she ran in 2016, The Most Corrupt Woman then went on to blame everyone else on earth for her loss. The woman really is incapable of uttering a true statement in public. She also touted the book she is writing about the campaign, describing the process as “incredibly painful.” Because uttering a few dozen lies in public comes very easy, but having to make up 80,000 words worth of lies is, like, hard.
- Can we get Dennis Rodman to moderate the discussion?: President Trump stated on Monday that he would meet with the Crazy Little Fat Guy who runs North Korea “under the right circumstances.” On Tuesday, fake journalists who thought it was fantastic when Barack Obama said exactly the same things about evil dictators in Iran and other despotic countries went all tsk-tsk on this President. Why? Because that’s what they do.
- Our news here at CNN is not just fake, it’s really, really fake.: CNN has become so transparently and proudly fake that it is now refusing to run Republican ads on its channel. After CNN refused to run a GOP ad touting the President’s many achievements during his first 100 days in office, President Trump tweeted the ad out and it went viral across social media platforms. How long can it be before CNN decides to designate May or June or some other month as Fake News Pride Month?
- That uncomfortable moment when you’re asked a question for which you have no good answer.: CEOs of four of the nation’s airlines, including United’s incredibly incompetent Oscar Munoz, were called to testify before the House Transportation Committee. Predictably, it did not go well. California Republican Duncan Hunter summed the entire hearing up in a single sentence when he asked Munoz, “Why do you hate the American people?” It’s a good question.
- We here at the United Nations like to just joke around sometimes.: Yesterday, Saudi Arabia was granted a seat on the United Nations’ worthless Women’s Rights Committee, and that’s pretty much all you need to know about the United Nations.
- The writer also forgets that this President owns his own jumbo jet.: HeatStreet ran with an article with the headline “Donald Trump Calls For A Shutdown That Could Kill His Mar-a-Lago Trips.” Yeah…no. The writer forgets that a government “shutdown” only shuts down non-essential services, which do not include the Secret Service or Air Force One.
Just another day in Everything is Fake America, even the government shutdowns.
That is all.
- Honestly, I’m not sure even congressional Republicans can screw this one up.: Congressional Democrats, after having spent the last 20 years squealing like stuck pigs about what a sacrilege it is whenever the Republicans have caused about 14% of the federal government to be shut down in a budget or debt ceiling fight, are now threatening to fight funding for President Trump’s border wall by …wait for it…wait for it…SHUTTING DOWN THE DAMN GOVERNMENT! The proper GOP response to this threat is possibly the single biggest no-brainer in the history of the Republic: Please, go right ahead!
- Hey, whatever happened that Jill Stein?: Isn’t she a pistol? Do you think we could run her down and see if she’d do a recount of the CBO score on the Republican plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare? Her results would be just as valid.
- Tired of Winning Yet? Part I.: Foreign Policy magazine reports that President Trump has instructed the State Department to find ways to cut U.S. support for the various worthless United Nations programs by 50%. Naturally, country club Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham have already stated they would oppose such cuts. Note: If you’re from Kentucky or South Carolina, you need to pay better attention.
- Tired of Winning Yet? Part II: Foreign Policy also reports that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson threatened that the U.S. might well withdraw from the detestable UN Human Rights council unless it enacts “major reforms.” Awesome.
- Further, cats and dogs on campus must now be referred to as “lovable furry companions”, and shrubs and trees are now to be called “leafy green shade-givers.”: Officials at the University of Minnesota announced that the school would be dropping the terms “Homecoming Queen” and “Homecoming King”, and replacing them instead with the gender neutral “Royals”. Because, well, – let’s be honest here – the officials at the University of Minnesota are a bunch of spineless idiots who are complicit in turning their students’ minds into useless mush. There, I said it.
- That’s also why they took up smoking.: More than 8,000 airline flights destined to or from the northeastern states were cancelled on Tuesday, all because the folks at the National Weather Service (NWS) are incapable of forecasting the weather more than 8 hours in advance. Making matters worse, NWS officials admitted they actually suspected in advance that snowfalls would not hit the major cities like they had previously thought, but decided to stick with their more alarmist forecasts “out of extreme caution.” I swear, I SWEAR I don’t make this stuff up.
- The Twitter-verse went all…ummm…a-twitter yesterday around 7:00 when fake MSNBC host Rachel Maddow Tweeted out that she had obtained “Trump tax returns”, and would reveal them on her program at 8:00. The big reveal? It turns out that, in 2005, Mr. Trump paid $38 million in income tax on $150 million in income. To which most thinking people responded, “man, sure wish I had the chance to to pay $38 million in income tax, just one time.” After that “big reveal”, the Twitter-verse went all…ummm…a-twitter about how embarrassing it all was for Rachel Maddow.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome America.
That is all.