Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The fake news media has a new favorite Republican senator. John McCain is pissed. – RINO Senator Jeff Flake became the latest Republican to announce he would not be seeking re-election in 2018, in the process earning the praise of every leftwing fake journalist in Washington because he bashed President Donald Trump (I never tire of typing that) in his going-away speech. Flake joins Bob Corker in making up false reasons for his decision not to run, claiming to be just too darn principled to serve under this President when in fact he is pulling out because he’s so far behind his likely primary opponent in current polls that he has literally no chance of winning.
- All of this Trump bashing by weak-kneed RINOs no doubt has long-time GOP Senator From The News Media John McCain even more cranky than usual this morning. He’s already spent the last month fighting Corker for 10 minute segments on MSNBC and CNN and The View, and now he’s going to have to spend the coming weeks fighting both Corker and the very flakey Flake. The RINO competition for these precious TV segments has become so fierce that poor Lindsey Graham has taken to playing golf with the President rather than even trying to wedge his way in. But hey, they all got their “principles”, and isn’t that great?
- “Russia Collusion? What Russia Collusion? I don’t see no Russia Collusion.” – Don’t look now, but all of your progressive friends – if indeed you still have any progressive friends – are about to develop a sudden case of Russia collusion amnesia now that the Washington Post has reported the news that both the Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democrat National Committee (DNC) helped to fund the infamous fake “Trump Dossier” that we are slowly finding out formed up the entire basis for the whole Democrat/fake news media Russia Collusion fantasy play we have been bombarded with for the past 11 months. We need to remember that much of that “Dossier” was filled with false information provided by the government of…wait for it…RUSSIA! Thus, the first real, actual information we have indicating one of the 2016 presidential campaigns colluded with Russia indicates that the collusion came from The Most Corrupt Woman In America and her entire political party apparatus.
- So today, you can expect all of your progressive friends, acquaintances and relatives to be parroting the Democrat/Clinton talking points on this matter, because of course that is what they do every day. Those talking points will be things like, “well, nothing about doing that is technically illegal,” and “well, that was done by some of Hillary’s campaign operatives, but Hillary didn’t know anything about it,” and “golly, Hillary didn’t collude with Russia, she just colluded with those Fusion GPS guys, and there’s nothing wrong with that,” and “what about Rep. Clowny McPartyBarn and what she says about Trump’s call to that poor widow?”, and the standard favorite “but…but…but…Trump sucks!!!!” and on, and on, and on.
- Et tu, Tom Perez? – Or maybe they’ll all parrot the hysterically, if unintentionally funny statement that came out from the DNC this morning: ““Tom Perez and the new leadership of the DNC were not involved in the decision-making regarding Fusion GPS, nor were they aware that Perkins Coie was working with the organization.” That is so. Damn. AWESOME. So, the new, utterly failing leadership of the DNC is just going to toss the old failed leadership, i.e., the already scandal-plagued Debbie Wasserman Schulz, right under the bus. Fantastic, even by Democrat standards.
- The second part of the DNC statement is even more hilarious: “But let’s be clear, there is a serious federal investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, and the American public deserves to know what happened.” Oh, yeah, that would be the “serious” investigation that has as its entire forming basis this fake dossier that was funded by you guys, right? The “serious” investigation being conducted by a bunch of Democrat partisan hacks who poured money into the Clinton campaign and the DNC and thus indirectly helped to fund this fake “dossier” themselves, right? The “serious” investigation that has dragged on this entire year and is yet to reveal a single bit of evidence that anyone associated with the Trump campaign “colluded” with the Russians in any way, shape or form, right? You mean that “serious” investigation?
- One other little tidbit contained in the 4th paragraph the WaPo report is not getting as much attention: “Before that agreement, Fusion GPS’s research into Trump was funded by an unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.” Can’t wait until we find out who that “unknown Republican” was. We know, for example, that James Comey became aware of the “dossier” when he was handed a copy of the final product by – guess who? – cranky old John McCain. It would be really interesting to know if the reason why McCain was in possession of such a sensitive, if fake, document was because he helped pay for it.
- The fun on this deal is just beginning. Somebody go pop some popcorn.
Just another day in Russia Collusion doesn’t matter to our progressive friends anymore America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- President Trump’s decision announced Monday night to increase the U.S. presence in Afghanistan by sending up to 4,000 additional troops and military advisers into that already 16 year-old war is both disappointing, and encouraging. The disappointment comes in the President’s going back on his oft-repeated campaign pledge to get our country out of that armpit of the earth, where more that 2,500 American lives have already been sacrificed to accomplish goals that under President George W. Bush were overly-ambitious and unachievable, and that under President Barack Obama were vague and unsupported in any real way by that administration. In announcing his intent to extend U.S. involvement even further, one cannot help but fear that Mr. Trump has allowed himself to be co-opted into what has become a literal money pit for the military-industrial complex.
- All that aside, it was at least encouraging to hear an American President eschew entirely the ill-fated neo-conservative hubris of “nation-building” in the Middle East, and work to set clear and obtainable side bars for our country’s ongoing commitment to Afghanistan, without setting artificial and counter-productive time lines whose only result was to allow the radical Muslim factions operating in the countryside to simply wait us out. If nothing else positive can be said, this plan at least is what a real strategy for achieving real goals looks like, something we never saw during the Obama years.
- The President’s harsh words directed towards Pakistan, and its continuing harboring of Al Qaeda and Taliban training bases and safe havens are also encouraging. Unlike his predecessor in office, this President’s word in such matters has already been proven to be meaningful and carrying real intent of purpose. Pakistani officials will ignore that word at their own peril.
- A final encouraging factor in all of this is that this strategy was developed and is led by Defense Secretary General James “Mad Dog” Mattis, and not his the feckless, un-serious bureaucrat predecessor, the execrable Jeh Johnson. General Mattis inspires confidence in a way few men can match, and no one can question his loyalty to this country and commitment to doing what he believes is best for the military he oversees.
- We all know that the First Rule of Plans is that they fall completely apart the moment the enemy is engaged. At that point, it is crucial to have the best possible leadership to lead the improvisation that follows. General Mattis is that best possible leadership for this plan, making it at least reasonable to hope things will work out better in the coming years in Afghanistan than they have over the past 16 years.
- Fake news, fake news everywhere, and not a drop of truth. – The fake news media and the fake polls they pay to dummy up would have us all believe that President Trump is the incredibly unpopular leader of a divided political party that is falling apart, and that the Democrat Party is poised to make huge gains in the 2018 mid-term elections. The only problem with that narrative is that none of it is true. If you want proof, all you need to do is look at the latest fundraising efforts by both political parties.
- The truth of this matter is that the Republican National Committee (RNC) out-raised the Democrat National Committee (DNC) by a factor of almost 3 to 1 during July. The RNC took in $10.2 million last month, while the DNC raised a paltry $3.8 million. Making the balance of funds even more stark, the RNC has no debt, while the DNC is saddled with a debt of $3.4 million. The July fundraising comparison just continues a trend that has existed throughout 2017, with the RNC’s advantage growing as the year has progressed, in spite of the efforts by 98% of the national news media to paint the President as a lunatic tool of Vladimir Putin.
- On the congressional side of the ledger, the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) has slightly out-raised the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) so far in 2017 – $66 million compared to $64 million – but that comes as faint comfort to a party with a 50+ seat disadvantage, especially given that the NRCC has about a $12 million advantage in cash on hand. By the same token, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee out-raised its GOP counterpart by about $700,000 in July, but that’s actually a terrible result when one considers that 25 Democrat senators are up for re-election in 2018, compared to just 9 Republicans.
- The truth is this: the Republican brand is very unpopular, but the Democrat brand is in complete shambles. The Republicans can go a long way towards repairing their brand by simply passing some tax cuts and some form of an infrastructure bill between now and November 2018. To repair their brand between now and then, the Democrats would have to stage a palace coup and jettison both Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer from their congressional leadership, along with the leftist radicals Tom Perez and Keith Ellison who lead the DNC, and more importantly, replace them all with leaders who are actually attractive and likable to a majority of the country’s voters. It is painfully hard to see who those new leaders might be within the Democrat ranks.
- As we sit here today, the GOP is actually in pretty strong shape for 2018, in spite of its own congressional ineptitude. Once again, the media narrative that we are being fed 24 hours every day is a shameful lie. Some things never change.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- The latest fake shoe to drop.: The NY Times took fake journalism to new lows Tuesday evening, running a report claiming President Trump kind of, sort of, not-really-but-we’ll-pretend-like-he-did-so-we-can-get-more-clicks-on-our-website “asked” James Comey back in February if he “could see his way clear” to let the investigation of Mike Flynn go. The Times ran this incredibly inflammatory story based solely on the word of an anonymous “source” who alleged Comey wrote a contemporaneous memo at the time of this request. Not that the Times has actually seen this memo – oh, no, waiting to see the memo before running with such a story would be an act of actual journalism, so the Times could never do that – rather, the Times ran with this story after this anonymous source read part of the memo to one of its fake reporters. #Fakenews, defined.
- Not exactly profiles in courage, but it works.: This latest episode of the deep state coordinating its efforts with the fake news media and the Democrat Party provides another great example of the different ways politicians in the two parties respond in such situations. Within moments of the Times report – because they had all certainly been given an advance notice by the Times – every Democrat in Washington was seeking out microphones so they could recite the same inflammatory talking points and slanders against the President. This is what Democrats always do – they hang together and take political advantage.
- The Times said what? Ooops, time for dinner.: The Republicans, meanwhile, were completely disorganized and confused, as they usually are. Most of them simply slunk off to their $300 dinners or whatever fundraiser they had planned and avoided comment. Fox News Anchor Brett Baier spent a solid hour on his nightly news cast searching in vain for a GOP member of congress who would come onto his program to discuss the matter. He found no one.
- The party that hangs together doesn’t get hanged.: This willingness of Democrats to hang together in a crisis, and rank disloyalty by Republicans in the same situations is why Barack Obama could be caught abusing the IRS, corrupting the Justice Department and loading up a plane with $400 million in foreign currency for the Iranian Mullahs and never have to pay any price whatsoever for abusing his office. Meanwhile, a Republican President expresses a “hope” to a subordinate, and suddenly it’s the end of the world. Of course, it helps that the Democrats have 98% of the news media willing to coordinate with them, but that doesn’t excuse the stupidity of the GOP.
- In actual news that you won’t see in the NYTimes, an investigator into the mysterious death last July of senior DNC staffer Seth Rich announced that he can prove that Rich sent more than 44,000 DNC emails WikiLeaks. This confirms what WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had already basically admitted, which is that Mr. Rich – not Russia – was his source for the damaging DNC emails that were released just prior to last year’s Democrat National Convention. You can bet the fake news media will avoid this story like a new strain of swine flu since it basically destroys their entire Trump/Russia collusion fantasy.
- He plans to cuss them into submission.: Speaking of the DNC, its serial cussing Chairman, Tom Perez, announced he is going to hold several meetings with pro-life Democrats in an effort to mend fences with them. This comes in the wake of his statements several weeks ago that anyone who respects the life of unborn children has no place in his political party. Which is true, but he now wants to pretend that it isn’t, because the Democrats need all the votes they can get. No word if he plans to cuss at these people while he’s trying to make nice with them, but doing so would certainly be in keeping with his (lack of) character.
- She hated dark money until her scam foundation failed. Then she needed a new scam.: Meanwhile, that famous critic of “dark money” in politics – The Most Corrupt Woman In America – announced she is forming her own 501(c)(4) political action organization that will be funded entirely by “dark money”. As is always the case with the Clintons, if they are demonizing some behavior you can be sure they are deeply involved in that behavior.
Just another day in fake news media America.
That is all.
- Who you gonna believe, us or your lyin’ eyes?: There was another Islamic terrorist attack in Paris for which ISIS has taken credit, and everyone in authority and in the fake media in that country and in America is doing everything they can to pretend it has nothing to do with Islamic terrorism. Who could’ve ever seen that coming?
- Hey, whatever happened to that Jill Stein? Isn’t she a pistol?: Turns out that the insufferable Ms. Stein and her Green Party are now coordinating efforts with the Council on American and Islamic Relations (CAIR) to “fight Islamophobia”. CAIR, of course, has long served as an apologist group for Islamic terrorists and is known to have many ties to terrorist organizations. Hey, maybe ol’ Jill can get her new friends to demand a recount of the number of their ISIS buddies were killed by that MOAB we dropped Afghanistan last week. That’d be great.
- Speaking of prominent radical Islamists…: Keith Ellison, the Islamist Vice Chairman of the Democrat National Committee, told an audience on Thursday that his Party would be in far better shape if Barack Obama hadn’t been such a bad Party leader. That is absolutely true, and everyone should appreciate such a rare moment of abject honesty coming from any Democrat leader.
- Here at the DNC, we are unified in our separate-ness.: Speaking of the DNC, Chairman Tom Perez, the DNC’s serial-cussing Chairman, and Commie Senator Bernie Sanders kicked off their “Democratic Party Unity Tour” this week, with the stated goal of unifying the Democrats behind a far-leftists agenda and turning it into “a 50-state party”. Because, you know, right now it’s about a 12-state party at best. The problem is, in his first interview on the tour, the Commie Senator told the interviewer that he is “not a Democrat”, which kind of puts the lie to the whole deal, doesn’t it?
- You know he’s lying because he still has a job at CNN.: CNN fake journalist Jake Tapper, who drank the Obama Kool-aid for 8 long years, told an interviewer that too many in his profession were “too friendly” to Mr. Obama, and “drank the Kool-aid.” In his next breath, the putz claimed that he was “very tough” on Obama. No word if Mr. Tapper also thinks Harry Potter is, like, a real person.
- Tired of winning yet? Part I: The Labor Department reports that continuing jobless claims fell below the 2 million mark in April for just the second time since 2017, a 17 year low. Democrats and fake journalists across the country hate this news with a passion, trust me.
- Tired of winning yet? Part II: The American Action Forum reports that the actions taken by President Donald Trump to rescind Obama-era regulations in just his first 85 days in office have already saved the American people more than $86 billion, a pace of more than a billion dollars every day. Elections matter.
- God Bless Texas.: Today is San Jacinto Day, the 181st anniversary of the 18-minute battle that won Texas’s independence from Mexico. If you’re a Texan, take a minute out of your day to remember the brave individuals whose actions led to all that this great state gives you today. If you’re an American, you should also take a moment to reflect on these events, because the Battle of San Jacinto was not just a great day for Texas, it was a great day for America as well.
Just another day in God Blessed America.
That is all.
Photo Credit: BusinessInsider.com
- Say it ain’t so, Joe!: Your author is officially in mourning this morning, because the CalExit movement is dead. Yes, friends, the noble effort to free our country from the state that sends an unending stream of nitwits to infest the U.S. Congress is no more. The plug was pulled by organizers on Monday because it was revealed that the founder of the movement, some guy named Louis Marinelli, actually lives in…wait for it…RUSSIA!!!!! I swear I don’t make this stuff up. If I could make stuff like this up, I would be a fabulously wealthy novelist.
- A mind is a terrible thing to lose.: Speaking of nitwit members of congress from the Golden State, California congresswoman Maxine Waters told a fake interviewer with MSNBC that she had never called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. That statement came just a day after she had promised an audience during a speech that she will do everything she can to impeach the President, and just moments after she had issued a Tweet that said “The President is a liar, his actions are contemptible, & I’m going to fight everyday until he’s impeached.” Again, I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
- I mean, like, it paid for my million dollar wedding, so it’s like, totally awesome.: Chelsea Clinton, the dimwitted daughter of The Most Corrupt Woman in America, told an interviewer that people “just don’t understand” how fabulous the Clinton Foundation really is. She also said she is “definitely not interested” in running for political office, so she’s got that traditional Clinton bald-faced lying tactic down to a T.
- This either does or doesn’t explain a lot.: Netflix announced that, from 2015 through early this year, its users had spent more than 500 million hours streaming films starring Adam Sandler. Every political observer from all corners of the ideological spectrum believes this explains what is wrong with those on the other side.
- Yes, it’s a side benefit of mass starvation.: A British former Olympian and candidate for Parliament told an interviewer that regardless of what else one thinks about North Korea, they really have got a “handle” on that whole obesity thing. He later apologized on Twitter.
- Can’t wait to see what Maxine Waters does with this one.: Don’t look now, but the Democrat Party has obviously obtained polling data that indicates they can gain votes from Millenials by cussing. And so we are now treated to the spectacle of Democrat members of congress and party leaders going around the country cussing at their audiences. Yesterday, Democrat National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told his audience that “Republicans don’t give a sh*t about people,” and “[Republicans] call it a skinny budget, I call it a sh*tty budget.” God help us if the Democrats ever obtain polling data that says they can attract pervert voters by campaigning in the nude. Nobody needs to see Chuck Schumer implementing that particular tactic.
Just another day in Democrat ****ing America.
That is all.