Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- The Democrat Party left him. – West Virginia Governor Big Jim Justice announced yesterday that he will be changing his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican. This move is most likely motivated by simple political survival instincts, as Donald Trump won the state in 2016 by an enormous margin over Hillary Clinton. Justice’s shift means that the GOP now controls 34 of the 50 governor’s offices in the country, and controls both the governorship and legislatures in 26 of 50 states. This is the legacy of the abuses of the Obama years. Thanks, Barack!
- Et tu, Joe? – One can only wonder how much longer it will take WVA’s Senator Joe Manchin to make a similar political calculation. Manchin is without doubt the most moderate Democrat in the senate today, and would likely vote with the Republicans well over half the time were he left to his own devices and not often held hostage to hardcore partisan politics. He’d better think fast, since he’s up for re-election next year in what has become one of the reddest red states in the country since his last election bid in 2012, thanks mainly to public reaction against Barack Obama’s aggressive efforts to kill the state’s coal industry.
- Are we past the Senatorial trading deadline? – Speaking of party switchers, nominally Republican Sen. From the News Media John McCain told the Arizona Republic on Thursday that he is in talks with one party’s senate leader about reviving the whole Gang of 8 Immigration “Reform” (i.e. open borders and amnesty) plan! Of course, that party leader is Chuck Schumer, not Mitch McConnell. Hey, here’s an idea, how about the Republicans just offer to trade John McCain for Joe Manchin, and call it even? At least then, both men would be inhabiting their natural environments.
- McCain logic 101. – Oh, but the Senator From the News Media wasn’t done. He also has decided that the whole 16 year ongoing fiasco in Afghanistan is all the fault of …wait for it…DONALD TRUMP! Yes, Senator, because everything was always great in Afghanistan for the 15 years prior to January 20, right? My goodness.
- By the way, if you are sitting there thinking that McCain’s latest bits of mendacity might mean that he is not in his right mind due to his fight against a very aggressive form of brain cancer, think again. This is McCain in his right mind – it’s just that his right mind has always been wrong.
- Bloomberg is reporting that National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster has concluded all by himself that Susan Rice is just a wonderful person whose national security top secret clearance needed to be renewed, and taken action to unilaterally renew it himself. Isn’t that great? Just further proof that some folks just need firing, and John Kelly needs to get busy.
- They’re a determined bunch. – A year ago today, congressional Republicans were the single most hated segment of the Washington DC establishment. They got lucky, though, as the Trump Campaign bailed them out of what otherwise would have been a major defeat at the polls. But they have squandered that good fortune, and are now, a year later, right back into the same situation, thanks in large part to their refusal to move on the major elements of the Trump agenda. In its latest poll released yesterday, Quinnipiac places congressional public approval at a record low 10%, down from 18% in March. It wasn’t easy to squander such a golden opportunity, but it is impossible to overestimate the ability of a bunch of Republicans to screw up a good thing. Great work, guys and gals!
- Oh, yeah, and Special Swamp Creature Robert Mueller leaked that he has convened a grand jury so he can start issuing subpoenas now. The Swamp is intent on taking this President down, and perfectly willing to take the country down with him if need be. Don’t kid yourselves otherwise.
Just another day feckless Republicans America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
- As has been the case with the Democrat Party since the Clintons took it over a quarter century ago, whenever they are accusing any Republican of a bad behavior, it is a very safe bet that they are doing so in order to deflect attention from the fact that they are engaged in the very same behavior, or worse. Over the last few weeks, we are now finally beginning to discover the real reasons why the Democrats and the fake news media have invested so much time and energy since November 8 of last year in promoting their Russia Collusion fantasy play.
- Not that we hadn’t already been aware of some of the Clintons’ shady dealings with the Russians, of course. Even before the election, we knew that Hillary, while serving as Secretary of State, brokered a deal that ceded control of about 20% of America’s uranium resources to a group of Russian oligarchs, and we knew that those same oligarchs just happened to pour tens of millions of dollars into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation around the same time that deal was being made. We also knew that it was also around this same time that Bill Clinton was receiving double his normal speaking fee of $250k not once, but twice from the same Russian oligarchs. Just a coincidence, of course.
- It was only recently that Wikileaks alleged that Special Counsel Bob Mueller was also involved in the brokering of that deal. Wikileaks, which has basically never been wrong about anything to this point, says it has found an email in which The Most Corrupt Woman In America got Mueller to deliver a sample of the uranium in question to a Russian representative in 2009. The Wikileaks email points up the need for the Justice Department to investigate the Special Counsel while his own sham investigation is ongoing. #Irony.
- But that’s far from all there is here.
- Since the election, we have also found out Clinton Campaign Manager, John The Spirit Cooker Podesta, took time out from sacrificing goats and chickens to serve on the board of a company with heavy Russia connections , and that he owns 75,000 shares of that same company. We also now know that Podesta failed to disclose any of this on his federal disclosure form when he went to work for the Clinton campaign. Interestingly, we found out just a couple of weeks ago that company in question has suddenly collapsed, as its investors pulled the plug on its funding. Funny coincidence, that.
- But that again is far from all there is to this. There are so, so many more reasons why the Democrats and their agents in the fake news media have been so desperate to keep public attention focused on their Russia Collusion fantasy.
- Take the case of Debbie Wasserman Schulz and at least 2 dozen Democrat members of congress, and their longtime employment of one Imran Awan and several of his family members since 2004 at massively inflated salaries for instance. Mr. Awan was famously arrested last Tuesday at Dulles Airport as he attempted to follow his family members in fleeing the country to Pakistan. The initial charge against him is listed as bank fraud, as he illegally wired several hundred thousand dollars to Pakistan that he and his family had obtained via fraudulent loans from the Congressional Federal Credit Union.
- But there is so, so much more to this story.
- Mr. Awan, for example, as being paid more than $160,000 per year to be the “IT Staff” for Ms. Schulz and other Democrats, yet most congressional staffers in the same role make no more than $60,000 per year. In addition, no one among all of these Democrats appears to be able or willing to point to what specifically Mr. Awan did for them in his “IT” role. Add to this that Mr. Awan also had access to the email accounts for the House Homeland Security and Foreign Affairs Committees, and you can see that there is an awful lot more to come from this growing scandal should the FBI and Justice Department conduct a proper investigation.
- But wait, there’s more!
- What about Fusion GPS, the firm made up of sleazy ex-fake journalists that concocted the infamous “Trump Dossier” that James Comey tried to use to frame President Trump. We now know that the preponderance of this bunch’s revenue comes from – guess who? – Russia! Oh, and they also do a lot of work for Venezuela’s socialist regime. Of course, the big unanswered question about Fusion is who exactly hired them to dummy up the Trump Dossier in the first place? The group’s management isn’t saying, and Democrats are desperate to prevent us from finding out. Go figure.
- Oh, but we aren’t done yet, are we? Nope.
- How about the whole “unmasking” scandal, which the House Intelligence Committee has finally, at long last decided to investigate, and which the Justice Department claims to also be investigating. We know now that senior Obama officials, including CIA Director John Brennan, National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and even UN Ambassador Samantha Power, issued thousands of requests for the unmasking of Republicans during the presidential campaign. THOUSANDS. It is more than fair to note that each and every one of those three people reported directly to Barack Hussein Obama at the time they were making those thousands of requests. It is beyond the realm of credibility to believe their boss had no idea what they were up to.
- There is even more than all of this, but I’m running out of space here.
- The legend the Democrats and the fake news media have created is that Hillary Clinton and her campaign people believe they lost the election due to Russian interference, and that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians during the campaign. A full year of investigations into these allegations has produced zero proof of any such collusion, or really any evidence at all that the Russians influenced a single vote at the end of the day.
- The truth, of course, is that it was the Democrats who were closely tied to the Russians, and the reason why the Democrats and their media agents have reacted so stunningly viciously to the election results is that they know that honest investigations into their activities will result in many, many Democrats – and possibly some fake journalists – serving major time in various federal prisons around the country.
- Had Clinton won the election, there would have been no “Russia Collusion” fantasy play, no investigations into any of the matters listed above. The Justice Department and FBI and our intelligence agencies would have remained utterly corrupted and would have protected all involved, just as they did during the Obama regime.
- But they didn’t win the election, and they woke up the morning after election day frightened and desperate to come up with some way to divert attention to Trump and the Republicans.
- We now know all of these things. The only remaining question is whether Attorney General Sessions can force the FBI and his U.S. attorneys to focus their investigations properly. We can only hope he will. There is much investigating to do.
Just another day in desperate Democrats America.
That is all.
Today’s Campaign Update
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)
CNN found itself in full meltdown mode on Tuesday over its latest in a long line of fake news embarrassments, and a James O’Keefe “Project Veritas” video of one of its producers admitting the network fakes the news for ratings. O’Keefe promises more videos are yet to come.
- Despite the public pronouncements of CEO Jeff Zucker, all is not well at CNN, the fakest news outlet in the fake news universe. Despite Mr. Zucker’s Monday claim that his network is “more trusted than ever”, the cable channel’s ratings are in full tank mode vs. its main competitors at Fox and MSNBC in ratings released on Monday. CNN has just one daily program among the top 20 in that mix, and it comes in at #20. It’s key to remember that those ratings reflect viewership for the week before CNN was forced to pull down and apologize for a fake story alleging collusion between a Trump advisor and Russia, and before Project Veritas released its video showing a senior producer at CNN admitting that the channel fakes the news in a quest for…wait for it…higher ratings! Hey, Jeff, it isn’t working, dude.
- Making matters worse for Zucker, White House spokesman Sarah Huckabee Sanders went off on CNN in her daily press briefing, calling the network and other outlets who have been faking the news over the last year “a disgrace to journalism”, among other things. When a gum-chomping reporter for Playboy Magazine interrupted her answer to a question, she called his behavior “outrageous”. Which it was. You go, girl!
- But it gets even worse for the beleaguered Mr. Zucker. O’Keefe announced on Twitter yesterday that he has not just one, but several more, even more revealing videos of CNN employees caught in rare moments of honesty, and he plans to trickle them out into the public domain in coming days, perhaps starting today. Quick, somebody get me some popcorn!!!!
- So what does it all mean? Well, the travails at CNN are just one of many indicators out there right now that the worm has begun to turn in the Trump Administration’s favor. If you look at those TV ratings, you see Fox News, after two months running in second place to MSNBC as the public began to think there might actually be something real in the whole “Russia Collusion” fantasy play invented by the Democrats and promoted by the fake news media, now back firmly in first place, where it had dominated for more than a decade. You also have the late night TV ratings that were released on Tuesday in which Jimmy Fallon is suddenly besting the execrable, Trump-bashing Stephen Colbert, ending a two-month losing streak. Then you have rank and file Democrats, in the wake of the humiliating loss by Pajama Boy in GA HD 6 last week, pounding on San Fran Nan, Chuck Schumer and the rest of their leadership to stop even talking about the Russia Collusion fantasy and start talking about real issues that people actually give a damn about.
- All of these things and many more are indicators that the public has by and large realized that the Russia story is nothing but a huge hoax – as Ms. Sanders described it yesterday – and has grown so weary of hearing about it that they are starting to abandon support for any media outlet or Democrat who continues to focus on it.
- Then you have Bob Mueller, who has done his former credibility enormous harm by going out and hiring a procession of Clinton-and-Obama-supporting lawyers to form up his team of “investigators”. He has so tainted his own investigation at this point that even some Democrat members of congress and leftist talking heads have begun to express concern about it. Unless he makes some additional hires that indicate he is at least trying to form up a balanced team, no one is going to take anything he finds seriously at the end of the day.
- Finally, you have the fact that suddenly, it’s not just Trump and his people who find themselves the subject of congressional, FBI and Justice Department investigations. Over the last couple of weeks, the headlines have been sprinkled with announcements that investigators are now targeting Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch, John Podesta, Bernie Sanders and his wife Jane, Congressman John Conyers, even FBI interim Director Andrew McCabe, an Obama loyalist holdover. You can expect the list of Democrats under investigation to grow substantially in coming weeks, especially as the investigations into Obama-era abuse of intelligence information get fully underway.
- All of which places Zucker and CNN in even more of a bind, since they have so firmly established themselves as the propaganda arm of the national Democrat Party. Would it surprise anyone if we soon discover that CNN, the network whose employee was caught passing debate questions to Hillary Clinton in advance, was also coordinating talking points and coverage with elements of the Democrat Party? If you’re honest, the answer to that question is a firm “no.” And that one-word answer perfectly encapsulates why CNN finds itself in full meltdown mode today.
- Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.
Just another day in melting-down CNN America.
That is all.
- Heads exploded all across the fake news media on Wednesday when President Trump, asked by a fake reporter if he “thinks” Susan Rice committed a crime, gave an honest answer: “Do I ‘think’? Yes, I ‘think’.” The fake media will wail and scream about this statement for weeks, because they are unalterably opposed to anything Donald Trump says or does, and thus incapable of actually learning anything real about him. But everyone else needs to realize that, when the President says something controversial like this, he does so for a reason. The fake media spent a month claiming the President had “no evidence” that he and his transition team had been spied on by the Obama minions, and now simply ignore the compelling evidence that he was in fact correct about that. This very scenario of Trump making seemingly unsupported statements that later turn out to be absolutely true played itself out time after time during the campaign as well. It’s a very safe bet that, if the President “thinks” that Susan Rice committed a crime, that is because he has been advised that that is the case by his advisors and lawyers.
- These guys couldn’t sneak up on a dead oak tree.: The fake reporters and fake editors at Reuters ran with a story on Wednesday titled “Window Closing On Republican Stealth Assault on U.S. Regulations.” “Stealth Assault”???? Really? Is there really anyone in America who still does not know that President Trump and congressional Republicans are going about reversing many of the most heinous regulatory actions of the Obama Administration? Has Reuters just not sent any reporters to all of those very high profile press conferences on Capitol Hill during which GOP members of congress have bragged about all the regulations they’re going to de-fund and reverse using the Congressional Review Act? Have all of Reuters’ fake journalists simply missed the endless television loops and front page newspaper stories with huge photos of President Trump signing dozens of executive orders that reverse Obama regulatory actions? Is there no one at Reuters who even proof-reads their reports anymore? Holy cow. #Fakenews, defined.
- The Times was for it before they were against it.: And speaking of #fakenews, the fake editors and fake reporters at the fake NY Times, after praising then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s move in 2013 to abolish the filibuster for federal judicial nominations, published a fake piece on Wednesday in which its fake writer frets about the possibility that Mitch McConnell might do the same for Supreme Court nominees. The fake writer then frets about whether or not the evil Republicans might then go ahead and just abolish the filibuster for legislation as well. So much fake fretting going on at the fake NY Times these days, after eight years of never fretting at all. Funny how that works.
- Tired of winning yet?: The government reports that the U.S. economy added a whopping 263,000 jobs in March. The consensus of “experts” had projected the number would be more like 170,000. Which it would have been, if Barack Obama were still President.
- No one snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like congressional Republicans.: As he prepares to adjourn the House of Representatives for its completely unearned two week vacation, Speaker Paul Ryan announced that his GOP majority – which somehow managed to vote to repeal Obamacare dozens of times while it knew Barack Obama would veto any such bill – just cannot find a way to agree on a bill to modify the healthcare atrocity now that there is a Republican sitting in the White House anxiously awaiting to sign a bill – any bill – that comes his way. In other news, you can now find Paul Ryan’s photo adjacent to the word “Ineffective” in the latest version of Webster’s Dictionary.
- Let’s just send them all to the unemployment office instead.: I know I’ve pointed it out before, but it deserves repeating here: The do-nothing House of Representatives and do-nothing Senate are working a grand total of 8 – EIGHT! – days in April, and are currently scheduled to work a total of 12 days in May. If these people were actual employees, they’d all be fired, and deservedly so.
- Yahoo News reports that pop songs are getting faster as Americans’ attention spans are getting shorter. This story was very interesting to me, and I just wanted to say that…hey, look at that bird over there!
Just another day in short attention-span America.
That is all.
- Speaking truth to nitwits.: Italian designer Stefano Gabbana publicly thanked First Lady Melania Trump for wearing an outfit he designed in her new official portrait. He also told social media trolls who pounded on him for working with Mrs. Trump to “go to hell.” Cool.
- Sorry folks, that cat don’t flush.: 20 Democratic members of the House signed a letter to Speaker Paul Ryan demanding that Rep. Devin Nunes be removed as the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Their letter contained the unintentionally hilarious line “this is about country, not party.” For the record, it has been at least a quarter of a century since any Democrat member of either house of congress did anything for “country, not party.”
- The last refuge of the flummoxed liberal.: Out of any other means to defend the pathological liar Susan Rice in her growing “unmasking” scandal, MSNBC fake host Chris Matthews very predictably declared the entire episode to be both “racist” and “sexist.” That will of course appeal greatly to all the social justice warriors out there, but hey, they were already going to ignore the elephant in the room in any event. That’s what they do. It will take a better set of talking points and distractions to convince anyone else the elephant is in fact not there.
- By the way, if you are surprised that the major networks, CNN and MSNBC have not just ignored the growing avalanche of evidence that the Obama Administration was indeed illegally spying on and unmasking members of the Trump campaign and transition team for political purposes, but aggressively assaulted the story, remember this: Those media outlets are all complicit in the crime. They all shared the illegally leaked information. They all actively covered up every major scandal of the Obama years. They all actively refused to even vet Barack Hussein Obama when he was a candidate in 2008. They all parrotted the Obama Administration talking points every day for eight long years. They all willingly gave up being anything resembling real “news” organizations in order to become a part of the Obama machine. They cannot now recognize and report on the utter corruption that pervaded every corner of their hero’s regime, because to do so destroys their own credibility. So they will stick with this sinking ship to the bitter end. They have no choice.
- Tired of winning yet?: Department of Homeland Security officials revealed yesterday that illegal immigration across the nation’s southern border is down 67% for the first quarter of 2017 compared to 2016. That’s without building a wall, without passing new laws, without a dollar of more budget money for the Border Patrol. That’s what happens when you elect a President who simply decides to enforce U.S. immigration laws. This is not rocket science.
- We’re all so devastated.: Coordinating with the Clinton family, which has been embarked on a months-long effort to drum up a pretense to run their no-account daughter Chelsea for political office in 2018, fake journalist Gayle King took things a step farther than others before her. She actually asked the dim-witted spawn of Hillary if she had any interest in running for the presidency in 2020. And did it with a straight face! To the huge disappointment of demented Clinton sycophants across the country, their new achievement-devoid hero demurred, saying “I clearly don’t agree with our president, but I’m definitely not the right person to run to defeat him in 2020. So right now, the answer is no.” Oh, heck. Oh, darn.
Just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome, fake media America
That is all.